Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: cricket season  (Read 5511 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, April 7, 2006, 17:28:53 »

Ah Frocester....many a happy hour spent watching the swoop of swallow and hearing the thwack of leather on willow.

Days when pubs used to shut at 2 on a Sunday...but you could get a drink in the clubhouse there.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, April 7, 2006, 17:33:39 »

no full of a bunch of ex-pro prima donnas

their best 2nd xi bat and fill in first xi bat from last year has joined us so looking forward to listening to some good stories. a guy who plays for stroud reckons frocester spend shit loads of money on getting ex-pros to do a job a club cricketer could do just as well
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, April 7, 2006, 17:38:31 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
no full of a bunch of ex-pro prima donnas

their best 2nd xi bat and fill in first xi bat from last year has joined us so looking forward to listening to some good stories. a guy who plays for stroud reckons frocester spend shit loads of money on getting ex-pros to do a job a club cricketer could do just as well

When I used to go I was knobbing a bird in Cam, good distance for a bike ride....wasn't too bothered about the cricket...other than I think Frocester got to the final of something at Lords.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, April 8, 2006, 01:24:50 »

Played at Frocester (and Cam) a few times. Don't like the way that things have gone with bringing in overseas players and ex-pros. Bloody stupid !

NMH

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, April 11, 2006, 13:08:38 »

cirencester cricket force article on the ECB website: http://www.ecb.co.uk/domestic/gloucs-players-help-cirencester,7862,EN.html
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 22:10:18 »

our game against swindon was switched to our ground as their's was too wet

we lost by 4 runs in a really good game, excellent practice - just what you need from a pre-season game. i scored 34 on a very slow deck, not a bad start
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: