Pages: 1 ... 360 361 362 [363] 364 365 366 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2046051 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5430 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 12:57:09 »

We'll never know as May went with a couple of civil servants and excluded everyone lese regardless of whether they had a plan or not. The notion that that the oaf Johnson, the charlatan Farage or Rees-Mogg would have done any worse is equally as laughable

Hang on Davis and Raab were Brexit Sec, Johnson was Home Sec, Dr Fox was Int Trade, Gove was in cabinet all with the ability to actually achieve something and all chose to run away and hide when it became clear that they had promised the world and could deliver nowt an it got too tricky. May doesn't help herself by being a clueless control freak but to let them off the hook just rewrites history.

Anyway we all deserve the pain, we voted for it.... https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/1109052365850714113
« Last Edit: Friday, March 22, 2019, 13:00:40 by horlock07 » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5431 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 13:00:44 »

Much as I hate to link the Guardian, this is an interesting yet bleak watch...... https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-but-westminster-a-big-day-in-the-north-video

John Harris is always worthy of a listen or read.

Although Tory incompetence is to blame for the present mess.... they couldn't have achieved it without the compliance of Brexit voters.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5432 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 13:02:05 »

Hang on Davis and Raab were Brexit Sec, Johnson was Home Sec, Dr Fox was Int Trade, Gove was in cabinet all with the ability to actually achieve something and all chose to run away and hide when it became clear that they had promised the world and could deliver nowt an it got too tricky. May doesn't help herself by being a clueless control freak but to let them off the hook just rewrites history.
I made precisely this point last time chalkies tried claiming it would all have been fine if Johnson, Rees-Mogg et al had been allowed to run the show (shortly before RM's deputy showed himself up as a towering intellectual giant with Will Self). He didn't respond then, don't expect him to respond now. It's a shit show, was always going to be a shit show, but we are where we are, let's just get on with it and take the consequences of what we as a nation voted for.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5433 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 13:02:28 »

John Harris is always worthy of a listen or read.

Although Tory incompetence is to blame for the present mess.... they couldn't have achieved it without the compliance of Brexit voters.
Or the ineptitude of the opposition, let's not forget
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5434 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 13:05:42 »

It's a shit show, was always going to be a shit show, but we are where we are, let's just get on with it and take the consequences of what we as a nation voted for.

Agree with that... I said a while back that the logic of the ref vote was no deal.... so bring on Operation Yellowhammer, (incidentally why lumber a charming little bird with the name) I'm looking forward to Williamson's troops on the street and martial law.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #5435 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 13:14:18 »

I don't see why we have to take the shit show without checking it with the people - none of whom voted for a shitshow as far as I know.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #5436 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 13:16:04 »

Agree with that... I said a while back that the logic of the ref vote was no deal.... so bring on Operation Yellowhammer, (incidentally why lumber a charming little bird with the name) I'm looking forward to Williamson's troops on the street and martial law.

Gavin Williamson strikes me as somebody who is just itching for a bit of military confrontation.
Hope he's not in the frame for next Tory party leader and PM.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5437 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 13:34:02 »

I think there are two operations, Toy soldiers Williamsons MoD one is Redfold... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47658403

It I'd known we were actually voting to allow an evermore authoritarian regime to unleash troops on the streets I would perhaps of concentrated a little harder!  Hmmm

What a time to be alive..... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47659410
« Last Edit: Friday, March 22, 2019, 13:35:40 by horlock07 » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5438 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 14:42:19 »

Or the ineptitude of the opposition, let's not forget

The likes of the Mail and other Tory rags have tried their best to blame Corbyn for the mess, and certainly there are always those taken in by their propaganda.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5439 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 14:46:39 »

The likes of the Mail and other Tory rags have tried their best to blame Corbyn for the mess, and certainly there are always those taken in by their propaganda.
Oh fuck off. Any halfway competent opposition would be in power by now, but Corbyn has dithered on Brexit and allowed himself to be hamstrung by his own student posturings and his unwillingness to tackle some of the nastier sections of his "base". Labour have abjectly failed to provide meaningful opposition, just as the govt have abjectly failed to provide leadership.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5440 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 14:59:03 »

Oh fuck off. Any halfway competent opposition would be in power by now, but Corbyn has dithered on Brexit and allowed himself to be hamstrung by his own student posturings and his unwillingness to tackle some of the nastier sections of his "base". Labour have abjectly failed to provide meaningful opposition, just as the govt have abjectly failed to provide leadership.

To be fair Corbyn is managing to lag behind the political powerhouse of 'Don't Know'  in who would make the best PM polls. It was summed up this week when he had his strop over Umunna attending the meeting with May (storming out in a huff despite  No.10 confirming to the media about 3 hours earlier that Umunna had been invited).

Led to the pathetic image of him saying historically (rightly) that you should negotiate with terrorists to sort out the state of impasses but then refusing to do so with a fellow politician, its not a good lock and does not need anyone to spin it that way.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5441 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 15:06:25 »

It may have escaped your notice that there was a GE in June 2017, the Tories narrowly won. Both main parties stood on a manifesto pledge of honouring the leave EU ref vote and received 82% of the vote.  As winners the Tories are charged with achieving that pledge... however desirable a Labour government might be, it cannot just be formed while there is another one in place however incompetent.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5442 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 15:09:47 »

It may have escaped your notice that there was a GE in June 2017, the Tories narrowly won. Both main parties stood on a manifesto pledge of honouring the leave EU ref vote and received 82% of the vote.  As winners the Tories are charged with achieving that pledge... however desirable a Labour government might be, it cannot just be formed while there is another one in place however incompetent.
Patronising cunt. "It may have escaped your notice" that however incompetent the current administration are, they are still leading Labour by between 4-6 points in every poll going. It takes some level of ineptness to be less popular than Teresa May's shower of shit
« Last Edit: Friday, March 22, 2019, 15:11:20 by pauld » Logged
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #5443 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 15:14:30 »

Easy, fellas.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5444 on: Friday, March 22, 2019, 15:14:58 »

Patronising cunt. "It may have escaped your notice" that however incompetent the current administration are, they are still leading Labour by between 4-6 points in every poll going.

In the GE of June 17, the Tories were 20% in front in polls, it didn't pan out that way once campaigning had started.
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 362 [363] 364 365 366 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: