Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Charlton pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 26585 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #105 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 12:41:52 »

Well they are there to be knocked off their perch in that case PV!
Damn right! we are well capable of beating them even if it feels almost impossible at times recently.

Personally I would like to see is go 3 at the back with Grant and Conroy sat just in front of them

Having watched how we are playing I suggest that Tyler cannot play as a lone striker successfully so if hes fit then Pitman should play (for all his faults).

Having Odimayo and Fryer as left and right sided centre backs they can cover the fullback positions with Conroy and Grant able to slot in behind them if they are drawn out wide.

This formation leaves Payne & M Smith to do the creating. Until Lyden is back when I would play him over Payne.

Kovar
         Odimayo       Baudry         Fryers
                     Conroy      Grant
DJ              M Smith         Payne           J Smith
                             Pitman

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 13:33:43 »

Damn right! we are well capable of beating them even if it feels almost impossible at times recently.

Personally I would like to see is go 3 at the back with Grant and Conroy sat just in front of them

Having watched how we are playing I suggest that Tyler cannot play as a lone striker successfully so if hes fit then Pitman should play (for all his faults).

Having Odimayo and Fryer as left and right sided centre backs they can cover the fullback positions with Conroy and Grant able to slot in behind them if they are drawn out wide.

This formation leaves Payne & M Smith to do the creating. Until Lyden is back when I would play him over Payne.

Kovar
                     Conroy      Grant
                             Pitman

I quite like that team PV
Peter Venkman

« Reply #107 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 13:34:30 »

The usual comments from the Addicks forum...

The ref today is Benjamin Speedie. He has refereed 15 games this term, producing 41 yellow cards and two reds in his first football league season.
They've lost their last 4 games & there is only one team you want to play when you're on such a bad run........
2-0 to the magic roundabouts.

Swindons current form is woeful so they are there for the taking, the question is can we?

If anyone can turn Swindons form around, it's Charlton

Only thing that worries me about Saturday is John Sheridan himself
Wellens we faced and they played a bit like Wimbledon, opened themselves up and we just picked them off
We've already faced a Sheridan team (Wigan) who were VERY tight and didnt give us many chances

Comfortable away win 4-0.

We’ve got a very strong defence and an exceptional goalkeeper but you can’t invite the opposition to keep attacking and expect to stop goals being conceded every time

We never win the easy games. 0.0

Win and Bowyer is god and those rumours of unrest were bullshit
Lose and Bowyer has lost the dressing room and something is not right at Sparrows Lane

Looks winnable, so we'll probably make heavy weather of it. Time for a 0-0, I reckon.

They’ve got the worst defence in the league! 3 or 4 goals for us 

Speaking of which how long is it since Pitman scored? He's one of those that always seems to find the net against us.

Also.....

https://twitter.com/STFCcouk/status/1340221615259455488?
Is this a good time to mention that #STFC have won every single home league match played on December 19, and have won our last eight matches played on this date?

welshred

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 13:35:41 »

Kovar
                     Conroy      Grant
                             Pitman

No way can we have Baudry on his own in the middle.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #109 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 13:38:11 »

I quite like that team PV
Yes its heavily defensive biased but it does have some good creative players too, flexible and Matt Smith and Payne do not have to worry quite so much about defensive duties that way, also playing with 2 wingers they can track back and cover the wings defensively too.

I doubt we will see it though, the only one I am unsure of in there is Pitman but Tyler can't play a lone role so there are no other viable options...yet.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #110 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 13:39:56 »

No way can we have Baudry on his own in the middle.
Hes not though, hes in a 3 CB's side but Fryers and Odimayo can cover fullback if the wingers don't track back with Conroy/Grant slotting into the hole left exposed if they do.

Here is my very basic rudimentary explanation.

ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 13:41:04 »

Those playoff games are two of my favourite ever matches. 'A touch and shoot!'

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #112 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 14:00:07 »

Panda Paws

« Reply #113 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 14:05:03 »

If we didn't have Rapid Flyers Intel I'd guess 343.

Kovar
Baudry Conroy Fryers
AO Grant Smith Grounds
DJ Smith Smith

If Jonny is LWB, I can't figure it out.

I like the team. We'll play ok. We'll also lose
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 14:09:37 »

I mean. I would like it to be

Kovar
Odimayo Baudry Fryers Grounds
Conroy Grant
M Smith
DJ Tyler J Smith.

433 essentially with 2 at the base and Matt Smith breaking forward.

If J Smith is LWB then

Kovar
Odimayo Baudry Fryers Grounds J Smith
Grant Conroy M Smith
Tyler and DJ.

but my 433 looks far better imo
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 14:14:03 »

Like the 11, let's see how we set up.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 14:14:22 »

Yeah, I'm struggling to put Jonny at LWB in that lineup. So if AK is RWB, how do you put Fryers, Baudry, Conroy and Grounds behind Grant and Matt Smith? Bizarre.

It looks like another experiment coming up...  Sad

Conroy up front with Pitman, anyone?  Hmmm

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 14:17:33 »

J Smith as a wing back is a massive mistake, if thats where he ends up playing. Far too often he gets the ball 60 yards from the opposition goal, yeah he can charge up the field, but his real danger is getting in behind the defence or only having to beat one player and not 3, plus he can't defend. Just a massive fuck up if thats how we line up.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 14:19:40 »

J Smith as a wing back is a massive mistake, if thats where he ends up playing. Far too often he gets the ball 60 yards from the opposition goal, yeah he can charge up the field, but his real danger is getting in behind the defence or only having to beat one player and not 3, plus he can't defend. Just a massive fuck up if thats how we line up.

Yep, the mistake in the last game was keeping DJ with his back to goal and no-one freeing him and Jonny to run at the defence. Both need balls to run onto.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 14:20:42 »

Yeah, I'm struggling to put Jonny at LWB in that lineup. So if AK is RWB, how do you put Fryers, Baudry, Conroy and Grounds behind Grant and Matt Smith? Bizarre.

Conroy in centre mid same as the last game, with three at the back and M Smith playing further forward in the Payne role?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: