Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Charlton pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 26229 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 08:08:06 »

Don't think I can watch today :-( Not sure whether to try to avoid the result (nigh on impossible) and then watch the full match replay or just watch the highlights.

Think it might be horrible either way.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 09:36:34 »

Surely today is the day that the Gods smile on us, we get a bit of luck and pick up 3 points. Without checking the stats, I have some fond memories of games against Charlton and some unexpected wins. Going for an expansive display, a 3-1 victory and the fans on their feet at the end demanding that Power immediately offers Sheridan a 3 year contract. The goals will be scored by the 3 Smiths!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 09:38:27 »

Win. 2-1

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 09:49:32 »

LWB....  Not sure on that one...?)

Odd
Flashheart

« Reply #94 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 09:57:53 »

2-1

We're not nearly as bad as some are making out. We're actually quite decent. Just need something to click and/or a little luck.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 10:11:10 »

Still over half the season to go, so anything can happen.
The slide into the very restrictive environment of Tier 4 is not guaranteed, but today would be a good time to stop the losses.

Ending up as a League 1 yo-yo club wouldn’t be great, but still preferable to bouncing around between League 2 and the Conference and both options are better than nothing.
Where is Reg when we need him.  Hmmm

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #96 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 10:52:40 »

2-1

We're not nearly as bad as some are making out. We're actually quite decent. Just need something to click and/or a little luck.

As I posted in the Donny thread from their forum.

From the Donny forum, gives us something to think about.
Swindon were loads better than I thought they would be. Nothing dropped for them in the box but they gave as good as they got otherwise. If that's the quality of teams in the bottom four then we have our work cut out in the next couple of games.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 11:07:52 »

We're overdue for a win, based upon our general play bar the fuck-ups.

ust be the oldest
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 11:32:08 »

We're overdue for a win, based upon our general play bar the fuck-ups.

That’s my thinking as well, law of averages. I don’t think Charlton are pulling up any trees and if we click I think we’re good enough - we beat Hull FFS!!

Today is the day!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Peter Venkman

« Reply #99 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 11:36:56 »

I don’t think Charlton are pulling up any trees and if we click I think we’re good enough
Their recent form is WWWWWWDLWLDW 8 wins in the last 12 league games.

They put 5 past Wimbledon last week, a team that beat us at the CG. We have only scored 6 league goals in the last 8 games in total.

I like your optimism mate but I am not sure I share it.

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 11:42:10 »

Remember last season when we kept saying someone's going to get a tanking by us soon,  just a dodgy win would suffice this season,  1-0 to the Town would be more than acceptable.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #101 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 11:46:18 »

In 31 games between the 2 teams at the CG its pretty even with Swindon winning 10, Charlton 10 and 11 draws, Town scoring 44 and conceding 41.

In the last 15 meeting at Swindon the Town have only been victors in 3 of the games and Charlton have won 9 of them, thats since 1980.

Records are indeed there to be broken but with Omar Bogle, Conor Washington and Chuks Aneke up front I cant see us keeping a clean sheet today. Aneke tore us a new one in the home game in the LC earlier in the season ripping apart Iandolo at LB all game and giving Fryers a torrid afternoon too, and they weren't even at full strength that day.

river monster

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 11:46:43 »

Our recent lack of goals seems to have coincided with Caddis' absence from the team. Looking back to the beginning of the season he was involved in quite a few of our goals whether it was a direct assist, starting the move or scoring himself. Wonder if he plays a part today?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 12:15:31 »

I'll just leave this here

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 12:27:19 »

Their recent form is WWWWWWDLWLDW 8 wins in the last 12 league games.

They put 5 past Wimbledon last week, a team that beat us at the CG. We have only scored 6 league goals in the last 8 games in total.

I like your optimism mate but I am not sure I share it.

Yeah perhaps I should have checked before I said that I didn’t think that!! Doh!!

Well they are there to be knocked off their perch in that case PV!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: