Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 93   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cricket  (Read 196505 times)
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #660 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 10:37:41 »

Bairstow isnt helping himself in the Foakes debate, is he?
I just can’t see who you drop to get Foakes in after Bairstows innings with the bat.

Really tricky one. Can’t see how either of the openers can make way, Bairstow has to stay in for his batting and the same with Brook. We don’t have to talk about Root. We can’t have one less seamer with our aging attack. I think all things considered, we have to stick with Bairstow behind the stumps and hope this is just rust, which to be fair, it could well be
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #661 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 10:39:55 »

Really tricky one. Can’t see how either of the openers can make way, Bairstow has to stay in for his batting and the same with Brook. We don’t have to talk about Root. We can’t have one less seamer with our aging attack. I think all things considered, we have to stick with Bairstow behind the stumps and hope this is just rust, which to be fair, it could well be

Pretty much echo my thoughts.
Crawley was the one up for debate before his innings, and he certainly can’t be dropped after that.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #662 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 10:44:16 »

Pretty much echo my thoughts.
Crawley was the one up for debate before his innings, and he certainly can’t be dropped after that.

Also have to take into account that not dropping players seems like a cornerstone of Bazball. I think if there was a painfully obvious way to get Foakes in even that would be put to the test, but seeing as there isn’t, I fully expect we’ll stick with Bairstow
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #663 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 10:53:52 »

I also question if the deceleration was too early why not try for 450 and still have the new ball in the first session of the second day.

So, give no fucks
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #664 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 11:04:25 »

I also question if the deceleration was too early why not try for 450 and still have the new ball in the first session of the second day.

I don't think the declaration was a cricketing decision, ultimately. It was an expression of intent to stamp Bazball on the world of cricket. Regardless of the outcome. I like it
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #665 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 11:08:30 »

I don't think the declaration was a cricketing decision, ultimately. It was an expression of intent to stamp Bazball on the world of cricket. Regardless of the outcome. I like it

Maybe but at the moment it dosen't look like it's paid off. Also with the thundery atmospheric conditions we have to expect the ball to move a lot which could be a problem if we get to bat later this afternoon.

So, give no fucks
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #666 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 11:10:57 »

Maybe but at the moment it dosen't look like it's paid off. Also with the thundery atmospheric conditions we have to expect the ball to move a lot which could be a problem if we get to bat later this afternoon.

I agree. It was always a risk. But we’d probably be saying it paid off if Broad didn’t no ball and Bairstow didn’t fluff three opportunities. I’m not a fan of ‘whatabouterry’ but if we lose this test, it won’t be because of the declaration any more than it’ll be because of England cocking up four regulation chances.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #667 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 11:13:11 »

I agree. It was always a risk. But we’d probably be saying it paid off if Broad didn’t no ball and Bairstow didn’t fluff three opportunities. I’m not a fan of ‘whatabouterry’ but if we lose this test, it won’t be because of the declaration any more than it’ll be because of England cocking up four regulation chances.

My worry now are the conditions playing into the Aussies hands and we collapse in the second innings. Hope I'm wrong!

So, give no fucks
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #668 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 11:13:54 »

If those 4 chances are taken, or even if 2,3 of them were, the declaration looks like a genius move.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #669 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 11:15:18 »

Fine margins I guess, sometimes they work others they don't but the match is finally balanced.

So, give no fucks
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #670 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 11:18:15 »

My worry now are the conditions playing into the Aussies hands and we collapse in the second innings. Hope I'm wrong!

What I’m doing as a fan is trying to buy into the ‘fuck it! If we lose, we lose entertaining!’ mentality of Bazball. I’d rather we lost being innovative and actually doing something interesting rather than limping and whimpering to getting battered like normal. We might lose this test, we might lose the next. I think we need to get fully behind this madness 😁
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #671 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 11:19:31 »

What I’m doing as a fan is trying to buy into the ‘fuck it! If we lose, we lose entertaining!’ mentality of Bazball. I’d rather we lost being innovative and actually doing something interesting rather than limping and whimpering to getting battered like normal. We might lose this test, we might lose the next. I think we need to get fully behind this madness 😁

Spot on even I used to struggle watching Test cricket when Atherton was captain.

So, give no fucks
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #672 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 11:21:19 »

Spot on even I used to struggle watching Test cricket when Atherton was captain.

Eugh. Don’t remind me
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #673 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 11:23:07 »

Eugh. Don’t remind me

Historically what would be a good second innings lead on that wicket for the Aussies to chase any idea🤔

So, give no fucks
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #674 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 11:31:02 »

Historically what would be a good second innings lead on that wicket for the Aussies to chase any idea🤔

Not a clue.

Nemo?
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 93   Go Up
Print
Jump to: