Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 93   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cricket  (Read 199798 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #825 on: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 15:37:57 »

Not really, based on how this game has gone. 150/8 today not bothering, and England's innings was flying until they went short all the time.

Target is 370. It's big, but a long way short of what it could be. If we get off to a good start, this could be really fun.
Not really, based on how this game has gone. 150/8 today not bothering, and England's innings was flying until they went short all the time.

Target is 370. It's big, but a long way short of what it could be. If we get off to a good start, this could be really fun.
A number 11 with one leg standing outside leg and swinging to leg - How wouldn’t an off stump Yorker have been a good ball to bowl?

Still, it’s done now.

371 looks tough - Duckett dropped!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #826 on: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 15:39:31 »

Would be nice if the commentators didn't sound like they want to slit their wrists. England had a great session to bowl through the Aussies and literally all they are doing every ball bowled is ducking moaning.

Just got the final wicket and they didn't even show any glimmer of emotion or pleasure. Richie Benaud they will never be.

Vaughn is a mard arsey cunt.

Getting the Aussies all out for 279 is good business even if a bit shit to watch. At least it gives them a chance to win. I think it'll go close. 371 to chase is doable if Root sticks to his own game and can set a nice 160ish+, just chip away at those runs. A couple of 50s that others are capable of - even three 40s would be fine {Crawley, Duckett Pope and Brook are all capable of putting in a half century or more each so Root could go for a slow and steady ton, Boycott style}. The remaining 6 or so players should be able to scratch about a ton together and if the Aussie try bouncing the shit out of everything, there will be NBs a plenty and some wides. Extras will prob score a solid 25+.

England should be able to get there I reckon with a whole day and three hours of cricket to play, with a steady strategy. Allow Root to play his game and let the ''One Dayers'' thrash it about. Could use someone like Dawid Malan right now  Hmmm Aussies clearly playing for the draw so take it to them. Worse case scenario, it's a draw.

I'll predict an England win with two wickets remaining {no real point having Tongue and Anderson batting but good to keep someone like Stokes on strike and bring his R/R up a smidge.}

Catches win matches and that miss from Green could {hopefully} be a sign  Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #827 on: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 15:47:05 »

Collapse has started😡

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #828 on: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 15:47:34 »

Not an ideal start. Should have listened to Jimmy and not collapsed - tactical error.

Second life for Duckett!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #829 on: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 15:48:25 »

Duckett LBW - game of inches! Or less than an inch!!

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #830 on: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 15:48:58 »

I'm always sceptical when a team are bowled out for a relatively low score and you have to follow them and get nearly 100 more runs

Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #831 on: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 15:57:51 »

Mountain to climb. Realistically, game (and potentially ashes) were lost during that mad 30 minute period in the afternoon of day 2 and then cemented in the morning of day 3. Frustrating as they have had massive opportunities in both tests.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #832 on: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 15:59:00 »

Could have been lost with that silly early declare really. There is being aggressive but try to remember it is test cricket.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #833 on: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 16:34:38 »

I'd say Bairstows missed stumpings, catches and the no-ball wicket for Kawaja in the first test is why we lost. Not because we declared with 2 wickets to spare.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #834 on: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 16:37:51 »

Irresponsible batting, lack of pace and odd bowling decisions are going to lose this game.

Two decent balls from Starc and Cummings to remove Pope and Root. But, neither were unplayable.

Update: Ditto Brook!

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #835 on: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 16:38:40 »

They didn't listen late afternoon collapse well underway🤣

Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #836 on: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 16:38:59 »

Brilliant bowling from Cummins. What a cricketer
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #837 on: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 16:39:30 »

I hate to go against the overriding narrative, but they're just better than us at bowling, batting and catching, aren't they?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #838 on: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 16:40:31 »

I hate to go against the overriding narrative, but they're just better than us at bowling, batting and catching, aren't they?

I was thinking the same Nemo without wanting to criticise England.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #839 on: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 16:40:46 »

oh well, maybe next ashes
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 93   Go Up
Print
Jump to: