Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: No Points Needed and Southampton Next Season  (Read 28132 times)
dell boy

« Reply #15 on: Monday, December 29, 2008, 16:23:21 »

Compared to this time in 05/06, we're a point better off having secured a draw as opposed to a lose in one fixture.

We're now at the stage of hoping 4 clubs below us are going to fall apart, what will be key and probably settle our fate is that all of them have to come to the CG...

Quite honestly I'd prefer to play them away ...

How bad are we against the bottom half of the league at home, in a word .... shocking.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, December 29, 2008, 16:31:14 »

Quite honestly I'd prefer to play them away ...

How bad are we against the bottom half of the league at home, in a word .... shocking.

It's a worry..but we've already lost at Numb and Crewe.

Crewe are showing signs of recovery, but still like Numb and Hereford have shocking away records...Orient do travel better.  I'll go as far as to say, unless we get 12 points from these games we'll get relegated.

Having looked a bit more closely, those 4 games are towards the end of the season, with the Dongs in between...it should certainly give us a clear idea of what is needed.
« Last Edit: Monday, December 29, 2008, 16:45:47 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, December 29, 2008, 16:57:43 »

Half way through the season....perform as in the first half and we're down.

The home form is so wretched though, it's very difficult to see where these wins are to come from...teams like Brighton and Yeovil who are poor, now know that all they need to do is keep it tight, and they'll be presented with goals, sooner or later.

Next up Stockport, who are probably amongst the better away sides in the league...happy fucking days.

Not if the teams below us also perform as they have in the first half season !

From the Dark Side
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2009, 23:33:13 »

Yeovil helped tonight.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, February 2, 2009, 00:15:13 »

1.26 points per game.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, February 2, 2009, 12:04:37 »

Or 8 wins from 19 games? Not impossible ...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, February 2, 2009, 12:55:00 »

we have lost as many games as Leeds. Turn the draws into wins and we'll climb the league.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, February 2, 2009, 18:12:44 »

Or 8 wins from 19 games? Not impossible ...

The last 2 games have been very important...it now means we're 3 points better off than in 05/06 at the same stage...then we drew5 and won 6 to the end of season...23 points, with the 3 shortfall ended up 4 points away from safety with 52.

That season we had a good little run of 4 wins a draw and a defeat...over the next 6 fixture....only to fall away again.

We could do with something similar now....
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, February 2, 2009, 18:13:55 »

The last 2 games have been very important...it now means we're 3 points better off than in 05/06 at the same stage...then we drew5 and won 6 to the end of season...23 points, with the 3 shortfall ended up 4 points away from safety with 52.

That season we had a good little run of 4 wins a draw and a defeat...over the next 6 fixture....only to fall away again.

We could do with something similar now....
Except without the falling away again
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, February 2, 2009, 18:21:55 »

Except without the falling away again

Even with the falling away...given we're 3 points better off 51 might be enough.

A few wins over the next 5 or 6 games would release the pressure a bit, I'm not sure I like the idea of all those games v fellow strugglers we've got in March.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, February 14, 2009, 20:21:32 »

1.28 points per game.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 10:53:44 »

1.28 points per game.

Still a big ask....in 05/06 about this time of year we left ourselves to get 14 points from 14 games.....couldn't do it.

We are of course about 4 games behind on that season, which will cause its own pressure.
Lumps

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 11:45:48 »

I think we need to be a bit less negative about things. I'm hopeful this could be the start of an unbeated run, whereas Brighton, Hereford and Crewe have all lost 2 out of the last 3. Cheltenham have lost the last 3 straight, and even Orient who have the best form down the bottom of the table have lost one in that time.

I'm pretty confident that if we'd actually got to play some of our home games in the last few weeks we'd have more points to show for it.

I know I was less than enthusiastic about Wilson's appointment but he does seem to have got a few of the basics right and stopped the team from just falling apart when they concede in the way they were doing a month or so ago.

Before Christmas I'd sort of accepted we were down, now I've got a bit more hope.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 11:46:08 »

I doubt the points needed to survive this season will be particularly high. I doubt you'd need even 50 to survive this year, the teams are that bad

Things get better but they never get good
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 11:52:11 »

We need a minimum of 23 points to be safe.

12 of them will come at home against Orient, Crewe, Cheltenham and Hereford

So we'll need 11 points from Brighton away, Northampton away, Hartlepool home, Yeovil away, Carlisle away, Rovers home, Southend home, Colchester away, Tranmere away, Leeds away, Millwall away, Scunthorpe home, Peterboro away & Franchise at home.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: