Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: This stinks (to me at least)  (Read 6395 times)
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, July 20, 2007, 14:44:39 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
I don't think that, but until he takes over the club and runs it (if ever) then we won't ever know.

Isn't the Fans Consortium made up of other backers (supposedly)? I don't know their identities either.

The fans consortium consists of Bill P, Phil Emmel, Mike Wilkes & the TRUST.  End off.
The "other" backers were/are their, but would not be part of the consortium (just putting some money in I thought)

This new consortium, could it me that it is that internet thingy, where the investors choose the players & the team ? That would explain the freeze ! Tongue  Tongue

From the Dark Side
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #46 on: Friday, July 20, 2007, 14:56:26 »

Hence why I put the word backers - people who fund the thing.

Incidentally I think the fans consortium is a great idea, but it's not the perfect little scenario it's often made out to be.

Still would be preferred by myself to the unknown investors as information has been a lot more forthcoming.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, July 20, 2007, 15:56:22 »

Quote from: "stfctownenda"
I think if there foreign that is irrelevent very few Man U fans have a bad word to say about the Glazers now, they have delivered major signings every summer and finally won the league after a few years last year.

I agree that it's largely irrelevant whether the proposed investors are foreign or not, but this point about the Glazers isn't true of ordinary fans who actually go to games. Very few armchair Man Utd fans may have a bad word to say about the Glazers but the ordinary fans have seen their season ticket prices rocket in the past couple of years. They may be happy with what's happened on the pitch but they're certainly not chuffed about paying the price for the Glazers debt in a highly leveraged take-over.

All of which is completely irrelevant to Swindon - whether the investors are foreign or not, they're not the Glazers and we're not Man Utd.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, July 20, 2007, 16:15:34 »

Quote from: "stfctownenda"

I think if there foreign that is irrelevent very few Man U fans have a bad word to say about the Glazers now, they have delivered major signings every summer and finally won the league after a few years last year.  

As Pauld says this is not quite accurate, Man Utd are currently the subject of a court action over their recently introduced controversial automatic cup ticket scheme, which could in the worst case scenario almost double season ticket prices. This on top of a 14% rise anyway and the club basically on record as saying; 'there's 14,000 on the waiting list take it or leave it' I would imagine you could find a large number of Man Utd fans who have bad words to say about the Glazers

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #49 on: Friday, July 20, 2007, 16:24:26 »

I bet they don't have a bad word to say about manatees though
TalkTalk

« Reply #50 on: Friday, July 20, 2007, 17:27:04 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
I bet they don't have a bad word to say about manatees though

Is that cinema for children in the afternoon?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: