Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Swindon Town FC Vs Club Stealing FC Matchday Thread  (Read 42753 times)
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 22:46:05 »

Where did you get 531 from? I'd say it was 200 at the very most.

Much better all over the pitch.

Macklin looked impressive in the second half.

Hopefully that goalie plays on Saturday.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 22:47:12 »

Just got back. Obviously didnt go saturday but had to be a big improvement right?

We looked solid at the back, composed in midfield and dangerous upfront. Franchise clearly didnt have a full team out and had nothing all game.

Apart from the penalty I cant remember then having a shot.

Wilson got the starting line up right now and in truth after watching that game I still cant believe he got it so wrong saturday

Lucas - 6 - All he had to do was pick the ball out of his net from the penalty. Dont remember him making another save

Amankwaah - 7 - Looked solid in defence and made one hell of a run to set up Paynters 3rd. Length of the pitch past about 3 players.

Greer - 6 - Solid and won everything

Morrison - 6 - Pretty much the same.

Lescinel - 6 - Like the other two looked solid. Penalty looked soft but was down the other end so would have to see it again.

Douglas - 6 - Did alright in the middle some tidy passing. Over shadowed by the other two.

Timlin - 8 - Though he was excellent tonight. Passed it well, got stuck in and kept running on past the other two. Nearly got himself a goal as well.

McGovern - 9 - Class. Composed on the ball, pulling all the strings. Some very good short passing, some good long passing even a couple of decent through balls. Worked hard, got stuck in - covered well. Cracking goal as well. Our best player. Criminal he didnt start saturday.

Macklin - 8 - Was fantastic, his pace scared the shit out of MKs defence he had their full back every single time. Tired towards the end and took some knocks but fuck me the boys good. He's going to be quality. Franchise will double up on him saturday.

Paynter - 7 - Worked hard. Looked better with Macklin and McNamee supporting him. Took his two goals well but had some help with both of them. Typical Billy Paynter performance

McNamee - 6 - Looked good when he had the ball, some good crosses and running. Probably didnt see the ball as much down the left as Amankwaah and Macklin did down the right.

big shout out to Willy Gueret he was fucking awful and flapped at two crosses which lead to our 3rd and 4th goals.

More of the same saturday please.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 22:50:37 »

Just seen JPM's goal. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
santasdead

« Reply #423 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 23:08:54 »

Just read a MKDonuts forum, a poster has suggested that was the worst display from them for well over 4 years Soapy Tit Wank - so the worst perfomance since they started to pollute our world with shit then (give or take a year).

Glad we got a win,and so decisively too. If they double up on macklin on saturday, we can use macca,or o'brien if fit to do macklin's job today. Our lads will be buzzin on saturday,but mkdonalds will have something to prove.

Cheers for the player analysis DV,good to hear Amankwaah at right back gettin & up the field with ease.
Spencer_White

« Reply #424 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 23:12:05 »

Have to agree with DV. Macklin, Amankwaah and McGovern (yes JPM!) were fantastic tonight. All the other players had good games, including Timlin who got stuck in.

Also agree that Wilson did put out the best possible starting XI and formation. We made sure we were on top of the game from the first minute. Good attitude. Not one player slacked off, we went at them for 90 minutes. After the penalty I thought we could be in for a travesty, we really bossed the game.

As regards freak results, I dont think either was a freak. Ince put out a lot of fringe players, and a lot of them looked like they were still on pre season duty. Gills on the other team have started like they ended last season, hit the ground running. If Gills keep those two pacy players up front together then they could finnish in the top 3 come the end of the season.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 23:30:06 by Spencer_White » Logged
flammableBen

« Reply #425 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 23:12:57 »

Paynter - 7 - Worked hard. Looked better with Macklin and McNamee supporting him. Took his two goals well but had some help with both of them. Typical Billy Paynter performance

Come on, give him an 8. Sounds like you're marking him down because he got some support for a change. It's his job to score two. Paynter is never going to be one of these modern midfield strikers.
Doore

« Reply #426 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 23:19:22 »

Come on, give him an 8. Sounds like you're marking him down because he got some support for a change. It's his job to score two. Paynter is never going to be one of these modern midfield strikers.

Agreed. We always moan when strikers don't get support -you can't mark his own performance down if he actually gets it.  In that sole strikers role his job is to work hard, hold the ball up and score goals.  Seems like he did that tonight, so give him the credit for that.
flammableBen

« Reply #427 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 23:20:26 »

Although lets be fair steve, DV did go and we didn't. He might have been shite when he wasn't scoring, even if it didn't sound like it.
trogladite

« Reply #428 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 23:20:53 »

DV called the game right but I'd like to add
Lucas flapped at an easy cross at 00
Macnamee made 2 excellent TACKLES in the first 12 minutes.  One of which was in his own penalty area.

Nothing to choose between Timlin and Douglas.

Franchise wont play so badly again this season.

Still the best away game since we drew with \george Bests Fulham 33
Doore

« Reply #429 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 23:27:20 »

Although lets be fair steve, DV did go and we didn't. He might have been shite when he wasn't scoring, even if it didn't sound like it.

True, and no disrespect to DV intended - I'm going on the word of my old man who did go, and is often a critic of BP, and he said he did his job very well tonight.

In either case, hopefully the result inspires a bit of confidence for saturday.
JPC82

« Reply #430 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 23:30:45 »

Agree with most of what Dv said apart from Timlin & Douglas, thought timlin done ok but Douglas was class, and Macklin was quality, why hasn't any1 been pushing for him to of been playing sooner..................
flammableBen

« Reply #431 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 23:34:38 »

Also hopefully, maybe after last season Fitton's managed to drill into the playing side how important he sees the cups. A good cup run is something which can not only bring money in but give the fans some excitement.

We had a decent chance in the FA Cup the season before last when we dropped out to Boston(? was it) on penalties in a replay. Would have had a winnable game against Rovers in the next round and we'd have been a game away from the quarters. That would have been brilliant.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 23:45:16 »

We had a decent chance in the FA Cup the season before last when we dropped out to Boston(? was it) on penalties in a replay.
Barnet, bloody Barnet. Worst set of penalties I've ever seen professional footballers take
flammableBen

« Reply #433 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 23:48:48 »

That was it, Barnet. I remember. I knew it was a team beginning with B which I tend to associate with non-league. I knew it wasn't Burton, and was fairly sure it wasn't Boston, but I had to guess.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 23:49:56 »

you fucking cunts, i had erased that night from my memory, im now going to bed and i fucking know im going to dream about it.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: