Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who's staying next season?  (Read 26818 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 22:10:12 »

highest finish means fuck all though. we are back where we started with a massive rebuild to do.

much better than my predicted relegation battle mind!
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 22:24:29 »

League One is shit and boring ... it's about winning.
'...shit and boring...' - Flint's goal at Brentford; defeat of Bristol City; PO semis this season... . These moments in matches, the individual results, and extraordinary games more than make up for the inevitable poor performances that Div 3 football (in fact any league football) brings.

As for 'its about winning' - Town have been pretty good in recent seasons for winning more games than losing.

Good luck in your search for 100% 1-0 victory football.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 22:26:59 »

It seems without championship football we can't "re-engage" these fans. Best finish in 15 years but it's still shit and unwatchable in many people's eyes.

That is our real problem. A season like this even 5 years ago and attendances would have been much higher, there has been no bump at all from a successful season and season tickets have not sold well for this season.

I'm a season ticket holder and have renewed but for what its worth the message the club gives isn't a very exciting one. Not sure how they sort that out as the fans only seem to respect 'big' name signings and money spent which will not and can't happen.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 08:41:25 »

That is our real problem. A season like this even 5 years ago and attendances would have been much higher, there has been no bump at all from a successful season and season tickets have not sold well for this season.

I'm a season ticket holder and have renewed but for what its worth the message the club gives isn't a very exciting one. Not sure how they sort that out as the fans only seem to respect 'big' name signings and money spent which will not and can't happen.
I renewed my season ticket but don't think I'll use it much. probably should of given up, like my mates, after DC left.
I prefer a more orthodox type of football and will remind you all that Lou Macari's style of football took our support from a couple of thousand (literally) to 10,000. just shows what success can do.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 09:13:46 »

That says more about our fans than it does the club.

If you cant be bothered to support the club because they arent spending huge amounts of money on name players then you dont deserve a successful club. It really is that simple.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 10:08:41 »

I renewed my season ticket but don't think I'll use it much. probably should of given up, like my mates, after DC left.
I prefer a more orthodox type of football and will remind you all that Lou Macari's style of football took our support from a couple of thousand (literally) to 10,000. just shows what success can do.

TBH I'd rather you fucked off straight away and didn't bother coming back.

You are epitome of the negative moaning tiny minority of fans we could do without at home games
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 10:11:16 »

On the contrary, this year might be the proof of Power's methods. We apparently broke even in May 15 on a budget c£1.3m, earn £300k? from playoffs, maybe £4m+ from summer transfer fees. If he doesn't use the profit to repay his loans, then that could fund maybe a million in transfer fees this summer and an increase in budget of at least half a million a year on 2-year deals. And I'm trying to err on the side of caution.

I like this stock investment model, as long as Power can continue to unearth enough gems to keep growing our budget sustainably.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 10:58:49 by Red Frog » Logged

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 10:20:10 »

That says more about our fans than it does the club.

If you cant be bothered to support the club because they arent spending huge amounts of money on name players then you dont deserve a successful club. It really is that simple.

I agree with you 100% but the club has to get the fans back somehow otherwise the playing budget becomes lower and lower and our position will likely follow. It may not need the money spent on players but somehow the town needs to be engaged in the long term.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 11:15:24 »

but we aren't talking about the 5-6k hardcore support that'll be there whatever, we are talking about the fringes and beyond.

maybe it's just a natural thing to happen when people get older and responsibilities have changed. I'm not judging them. but the number of fans that used to be there week in week out but aren't there now is worrying. maybe it's always been the case, I've just reached the age where it happens to peers.

I don't think telling then to fuck off and never come back of they don't like it is the answer. in fact I'm not sure there is an answer right now. keep doing what we are going in the hope it brings success one day.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 12:18:35 »

Just seen that the retained list unlikely to come out today (Sam M Twatter feed) - seems a little odd they are delaying as the players (and I believe the FA) know already.
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 13:40:03 »

Was not sure where to put this. I'm wondering if there is to much emphasis on £'s for some of our players, particularly Luongo? As we have to hand over a huge chunck of money to Spurs, surely with our need to strengthen the squad next season the ideal solution would be to get players in exchange and a lesser amount of £'s?
Flashheart

« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 13:46:59 »

Maybe we're getting money and players?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 13:54:06 »

Was not sure where to put this. I'm wondering if there is to much emphasis on £'s for some of our players, particularly Luongo? As we have to hand over a huge chunck of money to Spurs, surely with our need to strengthen the squad next season the ideal solution would be to get players in exchange and a lesser amount of £'s?

remember the last time we did a deal with Spurs? Weren't we supposed to get a couple of players in on a season long loan and we got nobody? Can't even remember who we sold to them as part of that deal, a young kid I think,

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 13:54:54 »

remember the last time we did a deal with Spurs? Weren't we supposed to get a couple of players in on a season long loan and we got nobody? Can't even remember who we sold to them as part of that deal, a young kid I think,

Leigh Mills?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #104 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 13:59:21 »

Leigh Mills?
It was Leigh Mills but that was a long time ago now, 11 years or so when King was in charge, lots has changed since then, we have owners and a manager that push for a proper deal for our players and don't undervalue them.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: