Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester United V Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 33159 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 11:09:54 »

I wandered lonely as a cloud

That floats on high o'er vales and hills,

When all at once I saw a crowd....
"... Which, being a Colchester player, I really wasn't used to"
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 11:15:23 »

PS Did anyone else think the referee was a shocker, seemed to let lots go and looked a shove on Sheehan

Did you see the anouncement for the Referee's Association:

The Referee's Association would like to apologise to Colchester United for the official missing the 'handball' goal v Wycombe Wanderers. Although we cannot change the result, we will ensure that a 'homer' referee officiates your next home game v Swindon Town on 10 April 2010.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Spencer_White

« Reply #362 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 11:31:37 »

There was a two footed lunge by Greer that I was suprised he let go. The problem was they were a dirty, niggly side, all elbows. But every time one of them hit the deck they stayed down for 60 seconds. I dont think anyone can blame the ref. We had plenty of chances to win the game in the first half.

Have to say, Austin wasnt as brilliant as usual. Their defenders were very rough, but still, he didnt get into the game much and I was suprised he wasnt subbed sooner.

Its just one of those games isnt it? We deserved a lot more. Probably the most frustrating game of the season, after Rovers at home.

Terrible ground. Really think that sort of ground will be the death of English football. It should be easy to get to football games, not an absolute arse. The question we were asking before the game was if this was Swindons ground, would you bother? And most of the answers were not favourable.

Only good thing was seeing us play in Red. Although its not like they had a choice?
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 16:08:44 by Spencer_White » Logged
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 12:22:43 »

I can see after yesterday why their crowds are so poor.

A crap soul-less stadium, which is a right bastard to get too & pretty crap football to boot.

Have to say that if we are in the play-offs I hope we don't have to go there again, in fact if we never had to go there again it wouldn't be too soon.

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 12:49:34 »

i thought the ground was ok.the buses from the station were well organised too.for a small club like colchester i think they are doing pretty well really

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 12:58:14 »

I was commenting on an incident which I personally whitnessed yesterday. I have never been sat with the opposition fans when Charlie has scored so it's not something I can comment on.

I actually agree with you that if a player has been getting a load of stick from oppo fans then it should be ok to give a bit back and they have no right to be incensed at this if they have been winding the player up.

If however, the opposition fans have done nothing to wind the player up then it is out of order for them to run in front of them giving it the big 'un. They should wind their necks in. That applies to Charlie Austin, Anthony Wordsworth or anyone else. Yesterday, no one had given Wordsworth any stick as far as I am aware (It's not as if he spent that much time down that end of the pitch) so that makes what he did out of order. Simple really.

there was no incident.it's been totally blown out of proportion.
far more important things to worry about, than if an opposing player looks at the oppositions fans and gloats a bit when he scores against them.

Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 13:14:59 »

So I was thinking of some positives from yesterday:

- seeing us play away in red

All our league defeats this season we have been playig in red. We are unbeaten in the league in our away kits.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Talk Talk

« Reply #367 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 13:44:03 »

Shit ground, no fans.

My mates might disagree but yes, I thought that was Rovers at home all over again. Concede the first goal, keep playing the same and ship more goals on the break. Col U really are a nasty piece of work. Horrible team.

However, we could still be playing now and still not score  Crying

I won't be going there ever again hopefully, although the train trip from Braintree and back was a hoot, as was staying over at Jon's, BBQ an' all.

Forwards and upwards, three points tomorrow will get us back on track. Draw or lose and I will resign myself to play off hell.
Talk Talk

« Reply #368 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 13:45:42 »

All our league defeats this season we have been playig in red. We are unbeaten in the league in our away kits.

Quite, as I unfortunately remarked on the way there yesterday. I don't believe in 'lucky' anything, but when Fitton was commentating on Leeds he did mention that the players prefer the blue away strip.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 15:45:45 »

I'd like to see our stats for all the games we haven't scored first in.

We've not won this season when we've conceded first.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #370 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 16:07:05 »

Likewise, on the seven occasions we've lost this season, we conceded the first goal. There have been six other games where we've conceded the first goal and not lost. It really isn't as major an issue as people are making out.
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #371 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 16:17:20 »

We have only managed to come back from behind and get 6 points this season against the following teams:-

Oldham (A) 2-2
Walsall (A) 1-1
Colchester (H) 1-1
Charlton (A) 2-2
Huddersfield (A) 2-2
Norwich (H) 1-1
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 16:18:54 by pride_of_wilts » Logged
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 16:22:41 »

Likewise, on the seven occasions we've lost this season, we conceded the first goal. There have been six other games where we've conceded the first goal and not lost. It really isn't as major an issue as people are making out.

Without auto which is still up for grabs of course, not winning when the opposition scores first is a bit worrying for the play-offs, for which a home draw obviously isn't a good outcome.  Wilson didn't say much yesterday but he did say it needed to be sorted out at both ends.  It will be harsh on Cuthbert, JFL could start at CB tomorrow night.  What I got from Wilson's interview, though was that he wasn't too bothered about the third goal, first wasn't a goal due to two fouls and for the second we went asleep after dominating.  Earlier in the thread somebody mentioned not scoring enough from midfield, which I think rings true, if Paynter and Austin are being mugged and the ref. is allowing it, the goals have to come from somewhere else, possibly Greer realized that and was unlucky not to score.    

nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 17:55:02 »

I wandered lonely as a cloud

That floats on high o'er vales and hills,

When all at once I saw a crowd....

a host of scruffy caravans.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 18:33:48 »

This is a key point.....Leeds would of been very different if the open goal they missed went in.

We also play better against footballing sides - Franchise and Colchester are very similar and if they had weak refs like yesterday every game they would win the league.

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: