Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester United V Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 33151 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #345 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 00:57:44 »

Meant to say, by some horrible co-incidence i went with the same friend that went to Gillingham with (his last away game) and he wore the same shorts and t-shirt and i, quite strangely, wore the same t-shirt and jeans.

We then joked about how we'd lose...
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 01:04:04 »

Surprised at the lack of mentions (1 I think) of the recent Rovers game, as it was a carbon-copy.

I was just saying that to FB on msn. Created chances but didn't take them.
One F In Fitton

« Reply #347 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 02:07:10 »

They didn't announce it when they gave out the crowd figure during the game - and it's not on our or Col U's official site - the number of Town fans there.

I heard the end holds around 2000, therefore, based on what I could see with my own mince-pies, I'm guessing 1403.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 02:23:22 »

They didn't announce it when they gave out the crowd figure during the game - and it's not on our or Col U's official site - the number of Town fans there.

I heard the end holds around 2000, therefore, based on what I could see with my own mince-pies, I'm guessing 1403.

Commentators said 700-800. Liars.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 03:03:47 »

Simon Ferry MOM for me today

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 03:12:29 »

greer was our best player easily, and worryingly one of the most creative.

Greer had a woeful game today, a lot of dodgy passes that put Lucas under pressure. Cuthbert dug Greer out of a lot of shit, a lot of times. However, say that Greer was pretty creative and should have scored in the first

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 03:13:03 »

Who cares who was MOM in a 3-0 loss?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 06:46:22 »

Surprised at the lack of mentions (1 I think) of the recent Rovers game, as it was a carbon-copy.

That's probably good news in that it just seems we can't handle some teams - IMHO one with a pacey forward or a big physical presence.  As long as we avoid Col U in the playoffs!
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 07:21:41 »

all he did was run past our fans lapping it up.
maybe our fans should complain about charlie austin, who does the same as matey nearly every time he scores?

Agreed - only last week people were praising Austin for winding up the Leeds fans.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
crystall Tips

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 08:08:20 »

Football hangover!!
Anyone else feel bad after trip to Colchester yesterday?

These mornings are the worst.   So I was thinking of some positives from yesterday:

- Colchester player getting it in the face
- Greer and Lucas arguing after the second goal (shows they care)
- us being in control first half, we can't fail to score normally after pressure like that
- nice walk to a rubbish soul-less ground
- seeing us play away in red
westcountry

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 09:14:10 »

Can't believe we didn't even score..

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 09:26:24 »

all he did was run past our fans lapping it up.
maybe our fans should complain about charlie austin, who does the same as matey nearly every time he scores?

I was commenting on an incident which I personally whitnessed yesterday. I have never been sat with the opposition fans when Charlie has scored so it's not something I can comment on.

I actually agree with you that if a player has been getting a load of stick from oppo fans then it should be ok to give a bit back and they have no right to be incensed at this if they have been winding the player up.

If however, the opposition fans have done nothing to wind the player up then it is out of order for them to run in front of them giving it the big 'un. They should wind their necks in. That applies to Charlie Austin, Anthony Wordsworth or anyone else. Yesterday, no one had given Wordsworth any stick as far as I am aware (It's not as if he spent that much time down that end of the pitch) so that makes what he did out of order. Simple really.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 09:41:34 »

If however, the opposition fans have done nothing to wind the player up then it is out of order for them to run in front of them giving it the big 'un. They should wind their necks in. That applies to Charlie Austin, Anthony Wordsworth or anyone else. Yesterday, no one had given Wordsworth any stick as far as I am aware (It's not as if he spent that much time down that end of the pitch) so that makes what he did out of order. Simple really.

Maybe Wordsworth is a Leeds fan or saw the Charlie Austin celebration last week. He got booked for it and didn't do it again on the second. Would rather that Charlie ran to the Swindon fans more often when he scores like he first did when he came here.

PS Did anyone else think the referee was a shocker, seemed to let lots go and looked a shove on Sheehan
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 09:42:09 »

Wasn't there yesterday so can't comment in particular on what Wordsworth did or didn't do, but in general I find the bit that upsets me about that kind of scenario is when an opposing player scores, rather than how he celebrates it. He could run past me mooning or turn away with nothing more than a demure Princess of People's Hearts style flutter of the eyelashes, I'd still be pissed off but mainly about the goal.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 10:01:13 »

Wasn't there yesterday so can't comment in particular on what Wordsworth did or didn't do.
I wandered lonely as a cloud

That floats on high o'er vales and hills,

When all at once I saw a crowd....

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: