Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Six Days To Saturday: 1963 Doco  (Read 1034 times)
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 14:45:39 »

Worth a watch:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wiltshire/content/articles/2008/05/12/six_days_to_saturday_stfc_film_1963_feature.shtml
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 14:54:26 »

got it on DVD somewhere.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 15:51:31 »

Might have to watch that while I eat my dinner or something!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 16:08:26 »

Happy days  Cool
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 18:01:10 »

Bloody hell didn't realise Nicky Summerbee was that old no wonder he's retired
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 18:02:17 »

Really good watch.

It's All Good..............
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 18:37:32 »

That was a great watch. Would be nice to see Swindon as excited about the club again. It still amazes me how Bert got so many local young players and did well with them. I think the club are moving in the right direction in terms of getting back towards that but I'm not sure it will ever be seen in the same way again
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 18:43:50 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
That was a great watch. Would be nice to see Swindon as excited about the club again. It still amazes me how Bert got so many local young players and did well with them. I think the club are moving in the right direction in terms of getting back towards that but I'm not sure it will ever be seen in the same way again

Thing is R4E...it took Bert about 4 seasons to bring in and develop those young players before they showed any signs of success.inn 62/63.

Today fans haven't the patience, and has as been shown with Lukey Dukey and Tozer if you have a young player who looks remotely useful, they're hoovered up by the Prem.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 23:05:55 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "reeves4england"

Thing is R4E...it took Bert about 4 seasons to bring in and develop those young players before they showed any signs of success.inn 62/63.

Today fans haven't the patience, and has as been shown with Lukey Dukey and Tozer if you have a young player who looks remotely useful, they're hoovered up by the Prem.

I know I know  Sad

I honestly think Fitton has got the right idea though, with the whole thing of bringing kids through the youth system, even if we do only get them in at 15 or 16. Hopefully we will be able to hold on to some gems. If one player a year comes through and becomes a regular in the first team it will be a massive improvement, and could see a bit of cash fly our way unless they stay until they are over 24.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: