Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Centre half  (Read 10929 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #45 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 18:37:05 »

Last 2 games have seen the opposition with 5 shots on target including a penalty and the 2 set pieces today.On the flip side in those two games we have created 16 shots on target and scored 1 goal.

In open play we are solid(the stats show that) we seriously need to sort the set pieces out and get our strikers scoring because i dont give a fuck what people say if we had taken our chances we wouldnt be highlighting these errors tonight.

Strikers need to accept some of the blame here aswell
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 18:40:14 »

Yes but he's injured. Surely your not saying Devera should start the next game?

I didn't offer Comazzi as the solution for Bristol City or Shrewsbury but ultimately he is here as the 'experienced head'.

I would keep Devera in for Bristol City... They have to work on him as opposed to simply going 'let's bring another player in'.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 20:09:49 »

It's too early to say, but as people have said we have still only conceded goals from set plays.  To me, this is something that can improved in training.

Devera arrived with a decent reputation.  You don't become a bad player overnight.  He was one of the players I was most excited about when he joined.

Three centre backs probably isn't enough, but I'd rather we signed the right players rather than just bodies.

Di Canio previously didn't sign enough strikers.  Now we have an abundance of strikers with another looking set to join, he's being criticised for signing anonymous foreigners who aren't able to cut it in this division.  The man can't win.

Considering we've had bad experience of signing established English players on big wages (Ruddock, Cureton, Thorpe, Prutton, Viveash to name five), I appreciate di Canio is doing something knew.  Whether or not it'll work, only time will tell.

Loans seem to happen at the close of the transfer window, so I imagine di Canio will pull the strings to get a couple of loanees then.  I like the fact he's built a big squad, a luxury we've not had for a while, although the lack of centre half cover is slightly concerning.  That said, I don't want to write off Devera and certainly don't think Will Evans would be a better prospect - he's terrible on Football Manager!!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 20:16:51 »

set plays killed us with regards to conceeding, but ours up the other end were decent on the whole. Kennedy's deliveries especially were top notch.

Our midfield is our biggest problem on that showing without any doubt. 3 out of 4 of them were utter shite today. How Rikky otto stayed on that long i'l never know? Matey did more in the last 15 mins than he did in the previous 75.

More creativity in midfield and we would have won today. A high scoring game but we would have had enough i think
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 20:20:29 »

Devera was part of a Barnet side that struggled against relegation- make of that what you will.

We do have a good footballing side, much better than the scum. However the issue is that you do not get out of league 2 signing up a team of footballers- you need physicality or you will get found out especially away from home.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 20:23:32 »

Di Canio has made a lot of mistakes so far in my opinion. Bit of a risk having 3 CBs but I guess he is planning on bringing one in on loan. Having said that he hasn't really done Devera's confidence much good in my opinion. Dropping him from the squad one game and then starting him the next. I guess he had no choice but to me that isn't going to help the lads confidence at all and it goes back to the point of not having enough CBs. Putting Caddis to CB against Dagenham was an error as well. I'm not claiming Risser can be a good CB but surely it's worth a go much more so than Caddis. It's clear that we have plenty of cover for CM so why not? It was the obvious choice in that game.

On the striker front why oh why does he persist with De Vita? He's done nothing. Start Connell who's looked lively every time he has come on. I dont get it. Tactically we haven't really seen much of him yet but the set piece defending isn't great. Sure that can be sorted but hopefully sooner rather than later. He needs to start playing a settled side. I feel that way we can start to come together more as a team.

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 20:24:40 »

Devera was part of a Barnet side that struggled against relegation- make of that what you will.

We do have a good footballing side, much better than the scum. However the issue is that you do not get out of league 2 signing up a team of footballers- you need physicality or you will get found out especially away from home.

i'm going to disagree with you as i thought poxford passed the ball better than us. We lumped it forward to Clarke and had good set plays but apart from that not alot at all really for a team at home.
for all that training they've had i felt we were a bit behind oxford to be honest. It was all to comfortable for them in the second half.
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 20:40:05 »

Some piss-stained cunt's been at it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aden_Flint
phelpsieboy

« Reply #53 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 20:45:47 »

Cant see anything on there SCM ....
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 20:49:58 »

Cant see anything on there SCM ....

On the right hand side someone's changed his name to "Aden cocksucker Flint"

SCM

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 20:50:14 »

You think 'cocksucker' his genuinely his middle name?
phelpsieboy

« Reply #56 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 20:53:16 »

Totally missed the cocksucker part, nice to see he is infact 6 foot 8 on there too  Beers
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 21:01:22 »

I think it's been changed
adje

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 21:15:08 »

Considering we've had bad experience of signing established English players on big wages  Viveash

Huh??

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
The Frog

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 21:17:52 »

Im not being funny but you need to give devera a chance, he's only played 3 games. yes agreed he does look rusty but comazzi didnt exactly look sharp when he played at daggers. Maybe an experienced been there done it Cb on a short loan just to let the players settle.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: