Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Shrewsbury Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 31848 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Monday, January 21, 2013, 11:27:29 »

Just back.

I thought we played some lovely stuff on Saturday. In fact a lot of it in the first half was coming down the left hand side, with some neat triangles in and around the box which at times had STFC chasing STFC shadows.

Second half we got an early pen and from then on it was a case of how many. To their credit the Shrews tried to play neat football, even inside their box which we should have capitalised on more than once. That said, they weren't much cop and we probably could have had another 5-0, Ward hit the post in a scramble and their keeper made a smart stop from a Ritchie shot on the turn.

I personally thought Roberts wasn't too bad, but had a lot of blocked crosses and does the simple thing of passing it back to the left back instead of trying to beat the man and get a cross in (because he has no pace I suppose). I heard that Ferry was being sick on the pitch on Saturday (apologies if this has already been posted) but I thought he was immense on Saturday, never wasted a pass and was unlucky with a blockbuster that was blocked. His delivery into the box was spot on also.

Another thing I should mention is Paul who? Nathan Thompson is really growing into the role. Thought Mceveley looked hungry as well when he came on for 10 minutes or so. Looking forward to the Hartlepool match now as we look a confident side.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Monday, January 21, 2013, 11:33:15 »

Oh and I met Duke of Banbury before the game. Good to put a face to a name fella.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Monday, January 21, 2013, 12:58:23 »

Oh and I met Duke of Banbury before the game. Good to put a face to a name fella.

Yes Mate and a pleasure meeting you and your Dad.

Have to say the 2 Shrews fans were OK to be honest.
The lad with the scarf had drunk a bottle of vodka that Morning.......He was completely harmless Smiley
RpeedieRed

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Monday, January 21, 2013, 13:04:40 »

I thought Roberts was better, but not fantastic yet, alot of the play went down the left instead of the right which made a change.

Why always Ritchie?
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Monday, January 21, 2013, 20:33:45 »

The lad with the scarf had drunk a bottle of vodka that Morning.......He was completely harmless Smiley

Was this in the GW?  I was there having a couple of quiet pints before the game, having travelled by train this week.
When I first walked in I thought he was going to be trouble, but he seemed to be in a good mood if totally out of it!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Monday, January 21, 2013, 20:55:32 »

Yes Mate and a pleasure meeting you and your Dad.

Yeah at first I thought he might have been trouble but he came over and spoke to us for a bit. Apparently they hid booze behind a bin for the train journey home.

DMR

« Reply #306 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 09:18:15 »

Donny fantastic price

Yep
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: