Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Shrewsbury Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 31838 times)
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Sunday, January 20, 2013, 13:52:21 »

Grandison was level with us in the first half and was clearly suffering with a hip injury - the reason he went off.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Sunday, January 20, 2013, 14:00:14 »

Good to see a 6 point cushion from 7th place in the play offs...would love to see us have a real go and cut the gap on the top 2 over the next few weeks.

#VivaKenBarlow!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #287 on: Sunday, January 20, 2013, 14:06:34 »

Good to see a 6 point cushion from 7th place in the play offs...would love to see us have a real go and cut the gap on the top 2 over the next few weeks.
That can start with a real 6 pointer next weekend.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Sunday, January 20, 2013, 17:31:18 »

Good point. This acceptance to work with what he's got and willingness to try and actually make players better rather than discard them is one of several things that have happened in the last few months which have changed my perception of Di Canio somewhat. I've said before that I think he's constantly evolving as a manager and the Di Canio we're seeing now is quite different to what we were seeing a couple of months back.
That was always going to be the case with a rookie manager learning his trade though. But one of the things that has impressed me about Di Canio is that while he's rarely likely to admit he's wrong in the actual moment (and very few of us are, so not having a pop), he's demonstrated both this season and last he's not afraid to admit at least to himself that he's made a mistake and more importantly change it. That's been expensive in terms of players but that was always going to be the case. If he's now adding another string to his bow, in terms of actual man management, even better. He'll certainly need that if he wants to make the next step up.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Sunday, January 20, 2013, 19:36:56 »

Just read through most of this, find it interesting the different opinions on Roberts yesterday. I thought it was his best performance for us, particularly the first half, but I seen someone else think he was better in the second.

Overall we done what we had to do yesterday, not one that will stick in our memories, but a game you need to win if your going to be up their at the end of the season.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Sunday, January 20, 2013, 19:49:13 »

Just read through most of this, find it interesting the different opinions on Roberts yesterday. I thought it was his best performance for us, particularly the first half, but I seen someone else think he was better in the second.

That was probably me. I just remember his passing was off (particularly the hospital ball to Macca) and his crossing wasn't good.

Second half I thought he tried to get past his man, got some crossed in and made some good runs (even if he perhaps should have passed sometimes).

Everyone else seems to think he played well throughout, so maybe its me!
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Sunday, January 20, 2013, 19:53:42 »

I can just remember him getting a few balls into the box in the first half, particularly one when he megged his man before putting it in.
It's good to see him getting games again and working hard, I had a chat with him at the beginning of December and he was adamant he would be gone this month, he knew he had been bad and said he could understand the fans getting on his back.
Flashheart

« Reply #292 on: Sunday, January 20, 2013, 19:55:56 »

I can just remember him getting a few balls into the box in the first half, particularly one when he megged his man before putting it in.
It's good to see him getting games again and working hard, I had a chat with him at the beginning of December and he was adamant he would be gone this month, he knew he had been bad and said he could understand the fans getting on his back.

Are you a former TEFer with a new account?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Sunday, January 20, 2013, 20:06:33 »

Are you a former TEFer with a new account?
I am BR, yes.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Sunday, January 20, 2013, 20:16:59 »

And he put the ball back in for Williams to score.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Sunday, January 20, 2013, 20:39:24 »

I thought he had a good game and has done much better generally in the last few games.  Somebody else mentioned his decision making and that's what let him down a bit yesterday.  There were a few occasions when he took a shot when he should have laid it off and vice versa.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Sunday, January 20, 2013, 20:41:11 »

The knock-back for Williams was good, and his effort levels are still improving, but his final ball and decision-making are still pretty woeful.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Monday, January 21, 2013, 00:31:33 »

He (Roberts) is ever improving this season...maybe something to do with that injury he had start of season hampering him or just down to poor form. He should have opened his account for us by now though, some of the chances at home to Carlisle as one example. I do like the fact we have De Vita as well who can play there, who looks dangerous whenever he gets a chance to.

#VivaKenBarlow!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Monday, January 21, 2013, 07:24:06 »

He (Roberts) is ever improving this season...maybe something to do with that injury he had start of season hampering him or just down to poor form. He should have opened his account for us by now though, some of the chances at home to Carlisle as one example. I do like the fact we have De Vita as well who can play there, who looks dangerous whenever he gets a chance to.

He scored against Coventry
DRS

« Reply #299 on: Monday, January 21, 2013, 08:27:25 »

The good thing is he is now taking the shots,a sign his cofidence is coming back
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: