Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Charlton Athletic Official Matchday thread  (Read 28064 times)

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Monday, February 8, 2010, 16:03:50 »

smith was the scapegoat last week.

there are many reasons why we didn't win the last 2 games.i'd say the 2 major factors are fatigue and missed chances.picking out individuals for points missed is a bit daft.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Monday, February 8, 2010, 16:06:20 »

Obviously Paynter's fault, not only did he not score, he blocked Ferry's shot. Wink

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Doore

« Reply #287 on: Monday, February 8, 2010, 16:08:35 »

I blame Wayne Bridge.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Monday, February 8, 2010, 16:20:41 »

It was the same at Orient last week
I seem to have totally missed this fixture...
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Monday, February 8, 2010, 16:54:41 »

I seem to have totally missed this fixture...

Okay Southend, bit of a typo there.  I am just saying I believe Lescinel is the weakest link in our team and I would ask anyone to tell me who is weaker than him in our team? hes still defensively vulnerable and his positional sense is poor in my opinion.  If every time you are critical of a player you are making them a scapegoat its a bit of a joke, stop being so touchy I don't boo Lescinel or shout abuse at him but I will acknowledge after a game if I feel he should of picked up the man who scored.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Monday, February 8, 2010, 18:29:33 »

Okay Southend, bit of a typo there.  I am just saying I believe Lescinel is the weakest link in our team and I would ask anyone to tell me who is weaker than him in our team?

I'd say Ward at the moment, which also impacts JFL. Everyone used to go on about McNamee not tracking back and Ward is just as bad if not worse. JFL doesn't push forward anywhere near as much as Amankwaah, who knows he can go forward and McGovern will be covering him.

I'm not saying Ward is crap, in fact I'd probably go with him ahead of any of the other options for left midfield. Except for when Sheehan is fit and then I'd go with him and JFL one way round or the other - giving JFL a run in left midfield has to be worth a go and could work out really well.
Spencer_White

« Reply #291 on: Monday, February 8, 2010, 18:37:53 »

I agree, but it has to be said that if you put Lescinel into a Swindon team from 99-2002, or 2005-06 then he would not have been one of our worst players. In fact he might have been one of our better players in those teams.

His main downfall does seem to be his positional sense and Wilson can coach that into him. He's strong, fast, comfortable on the ball, decent going forward.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Monday, February 8, 2010, 18:39:33 »

I agree, but it has to be said that if you put Lescinel into a Swindon team from 99-2002, or 2005-06 then he would not have been one of our worst players. In fact he might have been one of our better players in those teams.

His main downfall does seem to be his positional sense and Wilson can coach that into him. He's strong, fast, comfortable on the ball, decent going forward.

This. Oh and the flappy moments as well. He's a bit like Jerel actually in the sense that you know there is a flappy moment coming every game but it's a case of whether it will cost us a goal or not.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Monday, February 8, 2010, 18:43:13 »

I was going to say Lesc is only young but Amankwaah is only a year or so older so can't use that one.

He doesn't seem to have had a lot of experience though so seems as though he just needs some good coaching coupled with match time to work on his weaknesses as I think he has the potential to be a great player.
Spencer_White

« Reply #294 on: Monday, February 8, 2010, 18:45:06 »

By the way, a few people are saying that they players were pretty hurt by the boo's at full time. We havnt lost at home for almost 4 months now.

Yet again we outplayed a team above us in the league. Some fans need to have a word with themselves.

Also has to be said that the quality of our support off the pitch this season has not matched the quality of the players on the pitch.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Monday, February 8, 2010, 18:45:49 »

Jonny you were talking a little bit of sense till you claimed Ward was worse at covering than McNamee.

That has to be one of the most rubbish statements in TEF history.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Monday, February 8, 2010, 19:14:01 »

By the way, a few people are saying that they players were pretty hurt by the boo's at full time. We havnt lost at home for almost 4 months now.

Yet again we outplayed a team above us in the league. Some fans need to have a word with themselves.

There wernt many boos....total bull as the DRS and Arkells stood up and applauded.....i expect Paynter,Austin ,Ferry and co felt like booing......the support was brilliant Saurday and i expect todays modern player understands the modern days fans reaction.....if you continually give away last min leads home and away you will feel the wrath....get used to it Spence...its the modern thing.

Also has to be said that the quality of our support off the pitch this season has not matched the quality of the players on the pitch.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Monday, February 8, 2010, 19:15:52 »

I was going to say Lesc is only young but Amankwaah is only a year or so older so can't use that one.

He doesn't seem to have had a lot of experience though so seems as though he just needs some good coaching coupled with match time to work on his weaknesses as I think he has the potential to be a great player.

Exaclty. Manks has been in the lower leagues for some time now and has played for about 5 clubs at this level.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Monday, February 8, 2010, 19:26:21 »

Jonny you were talking a little bit of sense till you claimed Ward was worse at covering than McNamee.

That has to be one of the most rubbish statements in TEF history.

I agree with this, Ward works back all of the time.  How many last ditch slide tackles has he won tracking back an over lapping full back.  This argument of Jonny's may actually work if he can give an example of a full back thats causes us real problems over lapping.  For what its worth if hes trying to blame a midfielder for not covering for the Charlton goal then surely it should be our holding midfield (Douglas) or our other centre midfielder (Ferry) to expect a winger to track back when the defence shuffles along like that is pretty tough going.  He would have to be very deep at the start of there attack.  I just look at the goal on the TV and Lescinel seems to be ball watching he wanders aimlessly in and leaves his man completely free so the blame lies with him for me.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Monday, February 8, 2010, 19:33:26 »

I have only seen the goal once, in real time at the game, so how I remember it might not be entirely accurate.

How I remember it, the ball went forward and Paynter stood still whilst Sodje go in front of him to head the ball forward. First mistake letting any player have a free header.

The header then went between Amankwaah and Cuthbert, so Cuthbert moved across, so Greer moved across to LFJ tucked in - happy enough with that.

Its at this point you expect Ward to cover the full back position, which he usually does brilliantly and all the time, infact its probably whats impressed me most about him, however he didnt get back on this occasion. Another mistake.

Last of all Baily the goal scorer was playing in the middle for Chartlon and ran through to the edge of our penalty box with no one around him, one of the midfielders should have been tracking him. Third misake.

If the midfield have already got men to mark, then they need to let Ward know a man is coming over, the same way that if the defence is moving across as a unit then LJF needs to tell Ward to tuck in. Sometimes its not always that obvious and sometimes people need telling.

I know we have let in alot of late goals and I dont for one second buy the fitness excuse, nor the concentration one much.

The reason its the so late in the game is because the other team have nothing to lose and go for it. Charlton attacked more in the last 10 plus stoppage time than they had the rest of the game and I thought the looked good doing in. If I were a Charlton fan i'd be questioning why the team didnt attack like that from the off.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: