Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Scunny Matchday Thread (By Popular Demand)  (Read 22776 times)
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 16:29:11 »

massibe, massive win. Even bigger was my dad's win at the bookies. I had 2-2, he had a fiver at 4-2 at 66/1, the bookie was almost in tears!

I thought we played well until their goals. We went to pieces a bit and there's no question them going down to nine men helped us, but you still have to get past nne men, not as easy as it seems and we showed patience.

The guy who went off second should have gone in the first half, and the irony of it all was that the ref only sent off the first guy because he bottled it with the other one. Ref was abysmal IMO.

Scunny looked a strong side I thought. quick, strong.

I thought Timlin was immense, really took control of the game.

Looked better with morrison at the back. just looked to have a better shape, plus his throws are a good weapon, we don;t seem to have any ideas from throw ins these days.

Thought Jack Smith played well too. Cox worked hard, but need to spend less time arguing with the ref!

Good win though, much needed with everyone else winning. bring on hartlepoo.

ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 18:01:52 »

Was it just me or was Morrison's passing really sloppy? Not just where he nearly sold brez short, but on a few other occasions too.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 18:49:08 »

Looked better with morrison at the back. just looked to have a better shape, plus his throws are a good weapon, we don;t seem to have any ideas from throw ins these days.

I don't understand why we don't pack the box when he takes a throw - he seems to be throwing at one player stood all on his own, with the rest of the players randomly placed around and outside the box. Its like they've only half thought it out, they know his long throw is a decent weapon but haven't thought about how to use it for the best.

Not sure why he kept playing short passes to other defenders when he had time and space to do something with the ball himself. Though maybe Wilson has said to get the ball to Ifil when possible.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 19:15:25 »

After going to Leicester and Millwall i missed this stormer of a match....i will be at the Monkey hangers game on Tuesday and going to Tranny.

My mobile was rumbling with texts and at 2-0 i was not happy.....

looks like we have clawed a few teams above us back into the dogfight.

I hope we are the team that storms away from trouble as there is always one that plummets and one that rises like a phoenix..........

Will watch the highlights on the sky+ later.....after the kids have finished with that ice skating shite.

Clems Army!
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 20:39:52 »

Thank you Murphy, you provided great entertainment.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 12:56:55 »

The lino was a useless cunt. He wound me up something proper. He rarely did anything with his flag until the ref indicated. He was always a mile behind the play and would never have seen an offside when play was going towards the townend because he just stopped miles out.

Timlin's shot was well over the line. I was sat as good as in line with it and the ball was a good foot over. The lino was stood at least 25-30 yards from the corner flag, which is, apart from when corners were taken, as far as he ventured towards the townend. He was completely and utterly fucking useless.

Fully agree about the linesman. He didn't make a decision before the ref made it. God knows what he was supposedly looking at to miss the Timlin effort which was a yard over the line. Hell, he wasn't in line with the final man to give an offside if needed, and what got me was the ref asked the linos opinion in regards to the late challenge on Timlin, yet he couldn't make a decision to save his life. To me both sendings off were justified, but it was noticeable that we had a plan of action to take advantage of the situation instead of resorting to Plan A.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 13:49:19 »

Didnt show Timlin strike on highlights (Championship tv) perhaps they should scrap the Divvy 1 and 2 and just give Leicester and Leeds their own section.

Clems Army!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 14:11:58 »

Didnt show Timlin strike on highlights (Championship tv) perhaps they should scrap the Divvy 1 and 2 and just give Leicester and Leeds their own section.

They already do that on Sky !!!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: