Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: OFFICIAL stfc v lincoln day early thread- get over it and predict/discuss  (Read 43546 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 16:50:45 »

What a strange game. Would have taken the point beforehand, disappointing in the context of 9, elating in the context of 2-0 down. We'll call it good enough and move on I think.
Flashheart

« Reply #226 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 16:51:06 »

We were the better team, even before the sendings off. Vigs cost us today. We need a goalscorer.
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 16:51:21 »

Just pleased we equalized in the end would of liked three  but a point will do. Smiley
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 16:52:15 »

This is the most frustrating town team to watch that I can remember

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 16:52:33 »

I'd love it if we beat this lot, love it!!

A la, King Kev.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 16:53:27 »

A la, King Kev.

Indeed.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 16:55:59 »

I know I should be happy with the point in the end, but that performance was about as dim witted as I have seen from us (and Lincoln in putting themselves in that situation).  No intelligence at all.  They had a corner where they sent three men forward and we had eight back!  Something was very wrong with Doughty, despite the goals.  McCourt was ok, the rest were just not clever enough - nine men defending the central areas and we have one person out wide right who looked like he hated being there and one person out left, everyone else walking into the same space and being marked.

On top of that we let the single forward boss our defenders.  How hard is it to either let him lose the ball or place a man in front of him, stop trying to wrestle him.

Richards gave away far too many stupid free kicks and missed what looked like a bit of a sitter to me.

So very frustrating because Lincoln gifted us a way to win that game.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 16:57:39 »

Are there any whispers what the deal is with Doughty and Wellens? Maybe a case of a player with talent and a brain, and maybe a manager who feels threatened by having someone else with an opinion?
Flashheart

« Reply #233 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 17:07:11 »

Are there any whispers what the deal is with Doughty and Wellens? Maybe a case of a player with talent and a brain, and maybe a manager who feels threatened by having someone else with an opinion?

Or Doughty has just not been playing well and acting like a stroppy cunt on the pitch?
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 17:08:37 »

Lets face it. We've taken 4 points from two potentially and historically difficult ties. 3pts at Moss Rose was a late Christmas present as we always struggle there. Lincoln and our combined home form had a loss written all over it. From the off the Filthy Imps tried their best to give us a handicap. Indeed it looked like we could snatch it 1-0. The sending off happened and Lincoln suddenly realised that in order to score you have to link a pass or two together, instead of treating the ball like a Barnes Wallace prototype. An absolute howler, despite a deflection from Lawrence (I love butter me) Vigouroux. A poor clearance from Conroy with Vigs dancing around, way off his line left a free shot at goal. It was a great strike mind but it was gift wrapped to a degree. 0-2 and all looked Shitty McShitSticks and pretty much what we expected.

We know the rest. Disappointing not to come away with the win but we'd have taken a point at the start and a point we got.

Trannies away will be difficult again but let's hope we have a striker, Sid back, LMc in for Vigs, Danny Rose potentially...not asking for much.  Roll Eyes

Always a rollercoaster and I'd love to know what Doughty's beef is.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 17:10:28 »

What a strange game. Would have taken the point beforehand, disappointing in the context of 9, elating in the context of 2-0 down. We'll call it good enough and move on I think.

Yup.  Where I am.   
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 17:13:51 »

What did Wellans say?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 17:23:26 »

Doughty on the wireless.

Butthurt because he hasn't started the last two games.
Now banging on about he expected to be where Lincoln are.
Had offers to play in L1.

Sounds to me like he thinks he's bigger than the club and doesn't want to be here. Was saying quite a few nice things about Lincoln. Well fuck off to Lincoln then if you don't want to be here. If he goes we get Danny Rose to fill his role. No need for billy big bollocks if he's going to spit his dummy out.

'Incessant Nonsense'

sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 17:25:34 »

The Doughty substitution obviously paid off but would’ve thought McGlashan or Iandolo would have been worth a try at getting round the back against the 9 men.  Caroll struggled out wide and Twine wasn’t the answer.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 17:27:11 »

What did Wellens say?

Not a lot, he was coughing for most of it. Just concentrated on how we dominated the first 35mins and it was all positive. Didn't have anything to say on transfers as (bizarrely but honestly) he said "after Thursday you lose focus a bit and concentrate on the weekends game. You get a bit sick of it really."

That was about it tbh.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: