Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: League Playoffs  (Read 22426 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Monday, May 25, 2009, 14:43:36 »

Good goal too, nice finish.

Hoddleesqe the way he sidefooted it home.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Monday, May 25, 2009, 15:39:03 »

Jamie Ward gets two yellow cards, both for deliberate handball. Classy Cheesy
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Monday, May 25, 2009, 16:02:53 »

Burnley promoted.

Take that Sheffield United, i should think the shit cunts will try and sue Burnley now
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Monday, May 25, 2009, 16:06:11 »

Congrats Burnley! Thought you deserved it for the effort put in today and 61 games this season.

Well well Mr Blackwell perhaps if your players had actually tried to play some football they might have put
some performances in.Also your whingeing over the weekend about Mike Dean's appointment being "insensitive"
because he sent one of your players off earlier in the season,came back to bite didn't it?

Blackwell's best comment was about Brian Howard,saying "He had found it hard to settle early on,because he
hadn't realised just how big a club Sheff Utd are".

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Monday, May 25, 2009, 16:08:05 »

Blackwell really is a bellend. He and Sheff Utd deserve each other, and I found myself not only pleased for Burnley but also delighted to see Utd suffer.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Monday, May 25, 2009, 16:10:51 »

Owen Coyle came across very well on his interview. Interesting if Blackwell is quite so graceful in defeat.

What's the deal with Clarke Carlisle, thought he was going to burst into tears.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Monday, May 25, 2009, 16:12:59 »

They tried to interview Carlisle on the radio, his first word was 'fucking' followed by a list of family members he was thanking and ignoring the question asked.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Monday, May 25, 2009, 16:16:22 »

Owen Coyle came across very well on his interview. Interesting if Blackwell is quite so graceful in defeat.

Owen Coyle is one of the brightest young managers around.When Burnley won in the play off's at
Reading, there were no histrionics from him or lording it.

I'm sure that he'll be on the radar of a few clubs and with the news that Strachan has resigned
at Celtic and the fact that Coyle came down from Scotland,you have to wonder if they'll want him.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Monday, May 25, 2009, 16:20:21 »

Be interesting to see how they get on in the premiership

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Monday, May 25, 2009, 17:06:24 »

What's the deal with Clarke Carlisle, thought he was going to burst into tears.

He's a recovering alcoholic. Probably one of his twelve steps to swear on national radio.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Monday, May 25, 2009, 17:21:14 »

Burnley are probably the most deserved team of promotion this season.  Good cup runs and the better team on the day today.  Manchester United aside, they have played more games than any other in the football league this season, plus they are team who has used a smaller amount of players to get there.   Nice that they knocked Reading out too as some of their fans need knocking down a peg or two.  Well done Burnley!
Dazzza

« Reply #236 on: Monday, May 25, 2009, 17:23:09 »

I like the fact Coyle is still playing in the reserve team and scored a screamer a few weeks back.  Pleased for T'Burley, well deserved.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Monday, May 25, 2009, 18:29:35 »

Burnley are probably the most deserved team of promotion this season.  Good cup runs and the better team on the day today.  Manchester United aside, they have played more games than any other in the football league this season, plus they are team who has used a smaller amount of players to get there.   Nice that they knocked Reading out too as some of their fans need knocking down a peg or two.  Well done Burnley!

I think they have the smallest squad in the championship and have the third smallest wage budget. Perhaps Fitton's using Burnley as an example of what he hopes to achieve at Swindon.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #238 on: Monday, May 25, 2009, 18:34:54 »

I'm going to be pedantic, mainly because they are Premiership splitters, but Man Utd are not part of the football league Smiley
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Monday, May 25, 2009, 18:41:55 »

I might be wrong here, but didnt Wade Elliott break Keith O' Halloran's leg that ended his career?

I'm sure it was at the away game played in Dorchester, baking hot from what I remember, Evans was in charge.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: