Pages: 1 ... 2315 2316 2317 [2318] 2319 2320 2321 ... 3979   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9006869 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #34755 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 08:09:38 »

I've a hunch we'll sign Devitt as well.

Purely a hunch, nothing more.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #34756 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 08:11:33 »

Is it only me who finds the phrase 'Ginger Pele' a bit cringeworthy...

Players who attract nicknames like this don't come along often.  I think you just have to embrace it when it happens.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #34757 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 08:13:40 »

Could both Doyle and Yates be available for tonight?
Yates is in the Rovrum squad this evening
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #34758 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 08:16:17 »

Bradford paper this morning

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/18191462.bradford-city-donaldson-ready-fill-attacking-void/
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #34759 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 08:22:51 »

Yates is in the Rovrum squad this evening

So that’s a no then 🙄
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #34760 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 08:25:44 »

Is it only me who finds the phrase 'Ginger Pele' a bit cringeworthy...
It just self-effacing football humour. It's like Cowdenbeath fans referring to themselves as the 'Blue Brazil'... I've often wondered if Brazil fans call themselves the Yellow Cowdenbeath...

My money comment in no way referred to anything you put in your post. Just to be clear. Stand at ease.
All good mate...all is well in the World Wink
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #34761 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 08:27:58 »

That says Doyle on a perm... that's new information isn't it?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #34762 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 08:33:27 »

Aw I'd be a bit gutted for Woolery if we sell him now, I understand why we would seeing as he's out of contract in the summer and even said myself a couple of months ago that if we sell anyone it would be him but given his contributions and workrate recently I'd feel a bit bad for him to be missing out the rest of the season.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #34763 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 08:39:32 »

Aw I'd be a bit gutted for Woolery if we sell him now, I understand why we would seeing as he's out of contract in the summer and even said myself a couple of months ago that if we sell anyone it would be him but given his contributions and workrate recently I'd feel a bit bad for him to be missing out the rest of the season.

Sent from my CLT-L09

It would, however, look at it from Wollery’s view point. A new club and a new two year deal, maybe two and a half. He and his agent maybe thinking, we’re going to struggle with this in L1 with the quality of players that Wellens is bringing in. Maybe Wellens has indicated that it is time to move on if you can find a club we’ll let you go, no fee.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #34764 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 08:40:45 »

Woolery is having his best season for us. He is probably the most frustrated at not being able to add the goals, but you just get a feeling he will have one of those incredible seasons one day if we stick with him. I’d be sad to see him go, but if there’s a chance we don’t offer him a deal this summer, it may work out better for him. We’d need to replace his pace, which is a real asset. Is Hope quick?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 08:42:57 by Frigby Daser » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #34765 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 08:43:01 »

Anyone considered there may be a swap deal?
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #34766 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 08:51:01 »

Orgasmic.

On a different note...I know it's pretty sad to hang on the words of some random bloke on Twitter but let's play the game anyway.

Boo reckons that we shouldn't be surprised to see someone from Saturday's line-up leave before the deadline. If we assume it's not bollocks, who is it most likely to be? Woolery?
Just my opinion, but I think Boo's a chancer who doesn't know as much as he gives the impression that he does.
"We shouldn't be surprised to see someone from Saturday's line-up leave before the deadline"......it's all very vague and he can't be wrong either way because he hasn't said someone (no names) is definitely leaving, only that we shouldn't be surprised if they do, which, given that it is the end of the transfer window, is quite possible and wouldn't be a surprise to most Town fans.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #34767 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 08:59:51 »

Surely we would keep Woolery, he been vital to the ginger Pele rise tbh. Every goal kick and clearance is aim at Woolery not at Yates/Doyle. He may not score as many as everyone wants, but his strength on winning and chasing the long balls is the best within the squad this season. Keep Smiley  

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #34768 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 09:03:58 »

Surely we would keep Woolery, he been vital to the ginger Pele rise tbh. Every goal kick and clearance is aim at Woolery not at Yates/Doyle. He may not score as many as everyone wants, but his strength on winning and chasing the long balls is the best within the squad this season. Keep Smiley  

Its strange isn't it. He is the weakest footballer in the team and when we were at our best early in the season playing more 4-4-2, we had Anderson and Isgrove either side of Doughty and Lyden. Woolery on the bench.

As you say he is the most competitive in the air out of Doyle/Yates and himself. He certainly has lightening pace. I always think its the prospect that he could do something, more than he ever does that scares opposition. His miss on Sat where is in front of the goal with only the keeper to beat and he hits the post sums him up for me. With everyone fit he isn't in the eleven.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #34769 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 09:08:18 »

Its strange isn't it. He is the weakest footballer in the team and when we were at our best early in the season playing more 4-4-2, we had Anderson and Isgrove either side of Doughty and Lyden. Woolery on the bench.

As you say he is the most competitive in the air out of Doyle/Yates and himself. He certainly has lightening pace. I always think its the prospect that he could do something, more than he ever does that scares opposition. His miss on Sat where is in front of the goal with only the keeper to beat and he hits the post sums him up for me. With everyone fit he isn't in the eleven.
But his layed off header for DJ's goal is exactly one of the reasons he's there, I don't think we have anyone who is as good at that. Like what's been mentioned many times, he does a lot of good things that don't get much mention.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Pages: 1 ... 2315 2316 2317 [2318] 2319 2320 2321 ... 3979   Go Up
Print
Jump to: