Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I E mailed Rod Bluh Last Night  (Read 1462 times)
yeo

Ignore
« on: Saturday, March 3, 2007, 15:21:20 »

And fair play he got back to me on a Saturday morning. :shock:

I asked

At the fans forum Mike Bowden insinuated that there was a positive announcement to be made by you had you not been ill.Is this true?

Dear Jamie Thank you for your email and your kind comments re Radio 5 Live. It was an interesting experience. Re the Fans Forum, I was ill. I was concerned that the position of the Council could be misconstrued. There is no positive news to convey other than my commitment and Council's commitment to work with anyone to find a solution to the stadium issue as soon as possible. This means we will consider any sensible proposals put before us and if a workable solution emerges then we will deal with our ownership issues.  However to the extent any solution results in an ongoing revenue stream to Council then this will require the Club to demonstrate its financial ability to be a good tenant.  We have made it clear that we would expect the redevelopment to be undertaken with a financially sound partner. So this position has been our position since day 1 and to date nothing  has really progressed. We are due to see proposals shortly but have seen nothing to date. This is what I would have said had I been there. Nothing more. Regards Rod Bluh

/
W56196272
TalkTalk

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, March 3, 2007, 15:30:24 »

He's a good man.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, March 3, 2007, 16:10:15 »

It only reconfirms my opinion that Bowden seems over-excitable
TalkTalk

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, March 3, 2007, 16:57:52 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"

Prone to premature ejaculation?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, March 3, 2007, 17:08:52 »

If Bowden's over-excitable I don't know what you are
TalkTalk

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, March 3, 2007, 17:13:24 »

If Bowden's over-excitable I don't know what you are

...but not prone to premature ejaculation  Cheesy
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, March 3, 2007, 22:19:29 »

Not to mention liable to be a touch "flexible" in his version of reality - he said in his programme notes in the Hartlepool programme that he'd shown his "3 options at the County Ground" plans to Rod Bluh and the Chief Exec Gavin Jones and they'd been "warmly received". Erm, not according to Rod Bluh's email to Yeovil you haven't, mate. Still, fair's fair, he's only a comparatively recent addition to the board but he's already got the hang of the key qualification - misleading the fans.
TalkTalk

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, March 3, 2007, 22:26:58 »

Quote from: "pauld"

Not to mention liable to be a touch "flexible" in his version of reality - he said in his programme notes in the Hartlepool programme that he'd shown his "3 options at the County Ground" plans to Rod Bluh and the Chief Exec Gavin Jones and they'd been "warmly received". Erm, not according to Rod Bluh's email to Yeovil you haven't, mate. Still, fair's fair, he's only a comparatively recent addition to the board but he's already got the hang of the key qualification - misleading the fans.

Harsh, Paul.

I prefer the phrase "living in another world".

Also the name of a Talk Talk track  Cool
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, March 4, 2007, 02:47:06 »

imagine being called rod bluh  :advercool:

officially blacker than the night.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, March 4, 2007, 09:30:27 »

if Bodwen is talking rubbish....why dont the council just come out and say he is talking rubbish?

Bodwen says he's progress x amount, and some will take his word for it.

If Rod Bluh or whoever came out and said 'there are no proposals' Bob Holt style then it really would be egg on the face of the current board and it may help the floaters who have no desire to get into all this boardroom stuff take a side.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, March 4, 2007, 11:14:26 »

Because if Rod Bluh or whoever came out and said that, as you suggest, they would be seen to be delivering a major snub to the football club and arguably getting involved in the club's internal politics. Which would be inappropriate, for one, and a total rat's nest politically for another.

And thinking about it, maybe Bowden realises that and is banking on it in over-egging the "information" he presents to fans (ie that the council won't blow the gaff on him). If so, he's playing a very dangerous game - few politicians enjoy being put in an awkward position like that, or having someone who views themselves as a potential partner apparently trying to railroad them into a position they aren't yet prepared to endorse. It's likely to come back and bite you, but then when has that ever worried this board?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: