Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fallon to Saaaaarfend for 250 monkeys  (Read 4355 times)
Dazzza

« on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 15:55:11 »

League One club Southend United have made a £250,000 bid for Plymouth Argyle's out-of-favour striker Rory Fallon.

It is believed the Pilgrims have accepted the offer for the 25-year-old, although there has been no confirmation of that from the club.

Fallon was signed for Argyle by former boss Ian Holloway from Swansea City for £300,000 last January.

He has made only nine starts for the Pilgrims since then, plus 21 substitute appearances, and scored a total of three goals.

Southend previously tried to sign Fallon when he moved from Swindon to Swansea in January 2006.

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=184334&command=displayContent&sourceNode=135656&contentPK=19437310&pNodeId=135637

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 16:05:27 »

I'm not liking the look of Sturrock getting in a war chest....apparently Ipswich have bid a mil for Norris....who incidentally  :king: tried to sign for us, he even went to a pre session training thing.

We know Sturrock and his liking  of an old player...who could cut it at CCC level.  Ifil Brez Comminges Cox.    Cox and Ifil would be the real worry.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 16:07:22 »

£250k for Fallon, jeez that's a lot of money for a striker unproven at Championship level, and a striker who only really had 6 good months in League 1.
fatbury

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 16:16:15 »

bargain .. wish it was us paying it ..
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 16:21:03 »

Bollocks I'd be horrified if we spent a quarter of a million on a player like Fallon.  Fitton has already said we are aiming for the championship and Fallon is not good enough for that level.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 16:27:13 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Bollocks I'd be horrified if we spent a quarter of a million on a player like Fallon.  Fitton has already said we are aiming for the championship and Fallon is not good enough for that level.

who in our current squad is?
brez,ifil maybe?of the rest, maybe one or two but generally no.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 16:31:06 »

I haven't said they are Arriba, but I would like to think that we will start getting in a higher calibre of player when we get some fundage behind us.  Not just replace the chaff with more dross.

It's time to look upwards, I for one cannot wait until we actually sign some players who can play the game.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 16:32:28 »

amen to that janaage
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 16:32:55 »

The big donkey CF is still a staple particularly of teh English game, although you've got the likes of Luca Toni,  Nicola Zigic,  Carsten Janker and Jan Koller on the continent.

Fallon is a good striker at L1 level and so is worth about 250K....should Big Bad Bazza, get his injury sorted and carry on scoring then he could be worth a lot more.

I daresay Mr Sturrock will be considering a bid.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 16:38:38 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

The big donkey CF is still a staple particularly of teh English game, although you've got the likes of Luca Toni,  Nicola Zigic,  Carsten Janker and Jan Koller on the continent.

Fallon is a good striker at L1 level and so is worth about 250K....should Big Bad Bazza, get his injury sorted and carry on scoring then he could be worth a lot more.

Difference is, those players can actually play a bit as well.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 16:42:43 »

fallon was a pretty decent player by the time he left us.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 16:45:28 »

Quote from: "SwindonTartanArmy"

Difference is, those players can actually play a bit as well.

Indeed which is why it is reflected in their valuation, hence a Crouch will set you back 7/8 mill.

My point being that a big CF is a highly desirable item for a lot of managers....therefore an adequate player has a market value even to a lower league side.

Would Lukas have gone to Everton, if he had been 5 ft 9 ?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 16:46:26 »

he was played as our main striker during the 05/06 season, and it clearly benefited him. I doubt he ever had that role at swansea and plymouth, so its not to suprising  he didnt set the world alight. He wasn't a goal machine when he played along with parkin for us

Things get better but they never get good
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 16:46:57 »

I'm not liking the look of Sturrock getting in a war chest....apparently Ipswich have bid a mil for Norris....who incidentally  :king: tried to sign for us, he even went to a pre session training thing.

We know Sturrock and his liking  of an old player...who could cut it at CCC level.  Ifil Brez Comminges Cox.    Cox and Ifil would be the real worry.

I wouldnt pay a million for Tails, he's shit....

Rory has only had 6 good months in his career, he has yet to prove whether it was class shining through with regular football or whether it was just a fluke.

He was getting first team football here and scoring goals, enjoying the best spell of his career.....should have stayed, but hey he wanted more money.

I wonder if he'll use his signing on fee to pay off gambling debts again  :roll:
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 16:52:23 »

His goal record at plymouth shows hes not up to Championship level really, he lacks a bit of pace and intelligence at that level brute force isnt really enough on its own.

Hes a good striker at L1 level though when fully fit and motivated
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: