Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Barnet Official Matchday Thread  (Read 30795 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Sunday, September 3, 2017, 11:35:23 »

let's see where we are crowd wise now summer holidays are over..
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #151 on: Sunday, September 3, 2017, 11:56:43 »

Not sure how a team full of so much experience can crumble going a goal behind. Up until that  point you'd think there was only going to be one winner.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #152 on: Sunday, September 3, 2017, 12:04:17 »

Not sure how a team full of so much experience can crumble going a goal behind. Up until that  point you'd think there was only going to be one winner.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Gift the opposition 2 goals early doors and it is bound to make life difficult.  We had a spell under early Luke, when we did similar but got out of jail with Ajose's goals.  This side doesn't look to have goals in it, so keeping it tight is paramount.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Sunday, September 3, 2017, 13:27:26 »

Woeful.

The first a calamity....the keeper is always in charge in these situations.

Second looked a pen from in the TE IMO.

Tough job made impossible by the red card.

Same as last week miss an early chance, fall behind and we are in trouble.

Early doors....the only silver lining.

Clems Army!
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Sunday, September 3, 2017, 13:32:40 »

In the very first minute our opening two "passes" were long balls forward easily cleared by their defence. My immediate thoughts were here we go again and so it proved, no finesse, little evidence of any real skill and very little football played.

I may be lambasted on here but I much preferred the way that Williams tried to instil his way of playing the game than the pile of steaming dross I witnessed yesterday.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Sunday, September 3, 2017, 13:59:42 »

Agree with so much that has been said but the worrying part for me was the complete lack of any structure, especially in that first half - and so little brain was applied to the problem.

It wasn't working and no one seemed to care to fix it – not the manager, not the experienced players. Barnet's Campbell-Ryce was dominating Taylor, both on and off the ball. No rotation, no thought, just letting him get shut down time and again by another senior player – and a far more effective one.

The nadir was the moment when Taylor waddled in to receive a throw in from the North Stand side but his body was completely parallel to the line. So he had no way to go anywhere else, except forward - straight into touch again. But, his experience really told, and he managed to hoof it, swinging across his body, straight down the line, over the heads of everyone for a goal kick.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Sunday, September 3, 2017, 14:09:16 »

I may be lambasted on here but I much preferred the way that Williams tried to instil his way of playing the game than the pile of steaming dross I witnessed yesterday.
Difficult to compare dysfunctional tippy tappy with dysfunctional hoofball.

To square the circle Flitcroft has to instil some control shown by his defenders - Conroy should be a cert starter. Let's not forget both Robertson and Purkiss weren't wanted by Wimbledon and Vale, so shouldn't be surprised they are very limited players.

I think Tom Smith offers more than either Linganzi or Dunne. The rest of the team appear to be more than good enough for L2 - minus Taylor.

Time for Flitcroft to show he can actually manage and/or coach.
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Sunday, September 3, 2017, 14:13:22 »

Difficult to compare dysfunctional tippy tappy with dysfunctional hoofball.

To square the circle Flitcroft has to instil some control shown by his defenders - Conroy should be a cert starter. Let's not forget both Robertson and Purkiss weren't wanted by Wimbledon and Vale, so shouldn't be surprised they are very limited players.

I think Tom Smith offers more than either Linganzi or Dunne. The rest of the team appear to be more than good enough for L2 - minus Taylor.

Time for Flitcroft to show he can actually manage and/or coach.
So you have decreed that Taylor is not good enough based upon the fact that he supports Oxford, which he doesn't.  Roll Eyes

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Sunday, September 3, 2017, 14:17:02 »

Where did I mention anything about the piss stains?

My view is based on 2 halves of absolute shite.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Sunday, September 3, 2017, 14:17:29 »

So you have decreed that Taylor is not good enough based upon the fact that he supports Oxford, which he doesn't.  Roll Eyes

I imagine it's more to do with Taylor having less legs/mobility than Lilian Nalis than who he supports..
woolster

« Reply #160 on: Sunday, September 3, 2017, 14:17:47 »

no, I think he means he is not very good anymore, which he isn't
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Sunday, September 3, 2017, 14:31:58 »

I watched the highlights. McDermott's two footed 'tackle' was dreadful, as was his knowing nod as he got sent off. Hopefully he's dropped for Goddard.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Sunday, September 3, 2017, 15:02:53 »

Quote from: StfcRusty
I imagine it's more to do with Taylor having less legs/mobility than Lilian Nalis than who he supports..

I've not seen him play yet. I'd seen some damning reports on Taylor, but worse mobility than Nalis... oh.. oh deary me.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Sunday, September 3, 2017, 16:13:31 »

Taylor has managed to milk a top level footballing career out of his set piece ability and a historic dirth of left footed talent in the country, in my opinion.  He's done well for himself and the fact he is playing at L2 level this late in that career is testament to someone who has a desire to play the game, which is often lacking in the multi million pound era.

For us he is a waste of a wage I'm afraid.  No mobility, so relying solely on the left foot which in truth was never matched with a good footballing talent.  Already an odd choice given our style of play, he has shown enough in the 2 games to suggest he will be a bystander at best.  I think you have to have two like Dunne and Linganzi playing in there.  I know people will say they are limited in ability, but having any ability is a waste if we insist on playing the way we are trying to anyway.  You just need two stoppers who run about trying to break things up and then sit when we attack and hold position well.  They did that up until half time against Crawley when Flitcroft changed it to try and be more attack minded, and frankly the outcome is inevitable.

One issue raised by Bury fans was a sense that Flitcroft liked to look like he was all new fangled and in charge.  He has shown that in the last two games, first by making changes in the Crawley game to try and show his intent to win a game we were losing when in fact we were well in the game anyway, and then by changing the team set-up and utterly imbalancing the side by doing so.  If we are intent on playing it long and using the forwards to attack, just get back to having 6 stoppers.  Better to focus on how those top four work together and support the defence effectively.  Just sticking four actual strikers up there is not the answer.  The Derby lad looks useful, so you could have him and Goddard who will then both have some inkling to get back when needed.  Then pick two from the remainders, and as much as Norris has run around a lot, I am not sure he is much use as a battering ram, so then you look for something else and better to have pace I feel.  
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 3, 2017, 16:16:45 by RobertT » Logged
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Sunday, September 3, 2017, 16:34:01 »

Nalis came up in discussions yesterday... Was good once...but not anymore....Nalis fell on his sword in the end didn't he?

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: