Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Barnet Official Matchday Thread  (Read 30785 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, September 2, 2017, 22:58:23 »

Late thought, a thing that pissed me off today was how many people clapped the 4th. Granted, good turn and finish but he should have been tackled by about 8 players in the build up. Was more crap defending than good play
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Sunday, September 3, 2017, 00:08:04 »

Architects of our own downfall.

Like last week, we looked the better side until the oppo scored. This time we gifted them a two-goal lead.

I'd expect a team of mostly experienced pros to be able to respond to going behind at home but that's two games on the trot where we've looked incapable of wrestling back the initiative and been so bad as to make Div 4 strugglers look world beaters.

We should have taken the lead in both the past two games. If we had, I think we could have seen two victories. However, we haven't and frailties have already been exposed. Flitcroft has now got to show he's got what it takes to stop it happening again (worryingly, his demise at Bury suggests he may struggle).

Still, even after a couple of humiliations, we've not lost more than we've won in the league. Early doors etc etc ...   
LoudmouthBFC

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Sunday, September 3, 2017, 00:24:53 »

Swindon Town F.C. 1 v Barnet F.C. 4 | Magic Roundabout | (02/09/17) Matchday Vlog

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Sunday, September 3, 2017, 00:46:44 »

WTF has this got to do with Di Canio anyway?

I didn't say it did, it's other posters that are comparing it to our last stint in Div 4.  I was just responding to the statement of a lot of people on here calling him a bellend.  Red Frog aside, I haven't seen much of that.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Sunday, September 3, 2017, 00:56:23 »

Late thought, a thing that pissed me off today was how many people clapped the 4th.

I liked that. Nothing wrong in respecting the opposition, Coulthirst, is one of those ex Spurs lads who must have come on our radar. But he ended up at Posh and their fans thought him useless... nevertheless he produced a moment of quality in a sea of dross.

First man to score a Div 4 hat-trick at the CG since Nigel Walker for Chester..
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Sunday, September 3, 2017, 06:17:59 »

I didn't say it did, it's other posters that are comparing it to our last stint in Div 4.  I was just responding to the statement of a lot of people on here calling him a bellend.  Red Frog aside, I haven't seen much of that.
I know, it wasn't your post I was responding to Bernie, rather the original one that brought him up. I should have quoted the original poster.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 3, 2017, 06:21:32 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Sunday, September 3, 2017, 06:49:52 »

My one mental 'red flag' which I had put against DF when appointed was that 11 game losing run Bury went on which, let's face it was pretty exceptional by any standards. I wanted someone to ask him why he thought it had happened / was there anything he could or should have done differently / what had he learned from it and what would he do differently this time to ensure a 2 or 3 game losing run didn't become 5/6/7 games? However, since his appointment and up to last weekend everything he'd said and done couldn't really be faulted IMO. I therefore put that nagging doubt and unanswered questions to the back of my mind.

Now, given the apparent level of shear ineptitude of the last two performances, that nagging doubt is at the forefront of my mind and ringing very loud alarm bells. I suppose my questions will be partly answered in the next few games as we will see for ourselves what he learned from the experience. Let's hope he learned something or it will get very ugly indeed.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Sunday, September 3, 2017, 07:23:08 »

the first goal is laughably bad.
the third goal for me is far worse.

the first was a freak, massive shitness, but freak (one hopes).

the third we were pulled all over the shop, looked slow and a massive defensive hole formed in the the centre. that's very worrying
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #143 on: Sunday, September 3, 2017, 08:07:20 »

I can't bring myself to even watch the lowlights of that.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Sunday, September 3, 2017, 09:14:10 »

Think we have to give it 10 games and make an honest assessment then.

After a relatively promising start for the first 3 games the last 2 have been worse than anything I've seen at the CG for a long time

Let's hope it turns around quickly- considering this season Flitcroft has been backed with a good budget if it doesn't he is in big trouble
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Sunday, September 3, 2017, 09:31:28 »

I can't bring myself to even watch the lowlights of that.
Same here JJ  No
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #146 on: Sunday, September 3, 2017, 09:33:21 »

Think we have to give it 10 games and make an honest assessment then.

After a relatively promising start for the first 3 games the last 2 have been worse than anything I've seen at the CG for a long time

Let's hope it turns around quickly- considering this season Flitcroft has been backed with a good budget if it doesn't he is in big trouble
Agree. Very early days. If doesn't pick up then we're in trouble. Home crowds sort far 7k+, 6k+, 5k+. Given it would appear we've spent the budget plan A really needs to work.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Sunday, September 3, 2017, 10:08:08 »

Yep. Let's see where we are after another 5 - 7 games.

There is a team in there somewhere. It's up to Flitcroft to find it.
Too much like a collection of individuals yesterday.

The matchday programme has improved though.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Sunday, September 3, 2017, 10:14:14 »

Agree. Very early days. If doesn't pick up then we're in trouble. Home crowds sort far 7k+, 6k+, 5k+. Given it would appear we've spent the budget plan A really needs to work.

It is usual, for the early gates to be a bit higher, when people have a look, if it's crap they fall away. I'd imagine a fair few who went yesterday won't be bothering for Stevenage, who are flying, whereas we could be in the drop zone.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Sunday, September 3, 2017, 11:05:52 »

This is as much of a worry as the team. Anecdotal evidence from the summer was that many previous regular attendees had given up, and not bought season tickets. It seems to be the case.

We've sat in the same seats for 8 seasons.  Over the last few seasons, various people have drifted away.  This season there are loads who didn't renew.  The current dross on display won't entice any of them back.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: