Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Barnet Official Matchday Thread  (Read 30795 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, September 2, 2017, 17:05:50 »

Words which could have been applied to any number of performances last season. Not what you might call progress...I give up... Suicide
Definitely not progressing, I did not see either away performance but people who went say we were like the curate's egg, good in places, crap for the rest of the game but rode our luck.
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, September 2, 2017, 17:06:28 »

After watching England play last  night i thought it would be a while before i got so pissed off with watching headless chickens.I was wrong but this time it cost me £19.
Got an headache from  the fans in the town end arguing,poor day out.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, September 2, 2017, 17:07:22 »

Well that was a new level of shit.
These players need to gel quickly and agree it's Flitcrofts players and tactics so he shoulders the blame.
Didn't see the Crawley game but seem to have gone backwards since Exeter.
Oh well  Pint
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Saturday, September 2, 2017, 17:16:27 »

Had my worries when he signed Matt Taylor he is dross and finished - his legs have gone and the best thing they can do is ship him out straight away.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, September 2, 2017, 17:29:48 »

My first look at this new team.

Lancashire, Purkiss, Linganzi & Robertson all looked absolute dogshit.

There was no shape to the side, even at 2-0 down we weren't pressing them or pressuring them.
The first goal was laughably bad and will no doubt feature as a "highlight" on the football league show later, the 2nd didn't look like a penalty, it looked like a foul the other way at the time.

The red card, no question, was definitely a red card, I called it as soon as it happened, awful fucking tackle.

Even then, 2-0 down, 10 men, show some balls and try and get something, but no.

Mullins looked good when he came on and Norris is the only one who can come out of the game with any credit as he was the only one who seemed to give a fuck.

Flitcroft needs to sort this out and quick.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, September 2, 2017, 17:39:08 »

Successive 0-3 and 0-4 defeats at home are inexcusable. I don't care if the players haven't had time work as a unit (they clearly have had time) or if we started average under Di Canio or Wise - we are fucking embarrassingly and hopelessly incompetent
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, September 2, 2017, 17:41:05 »

The most depressing bit is that any minute now, Reg will make his first prediction of relegation to Non League.  And he may even end up right.  Again.

Still a bit too early to set the alarm bells ringing.... the backdrop to the end of last season was that Power seemed to realise that carrying on as was would threaten our FL status.  Some even thinking in cat stroking mode he might be seeking this.

However getting in somone who knows the Div and a raft of journeymen suggested otherwise. Now it was never going to be an easy task to recruit an entire new squad and steer the good ship STFC away from the rocks and so it is proving.  With only 2 down, you do get a bit of wriggle room... certainly no room for complacency, on current home form this outfit looks very capable of a season of struggle. But it can change. 
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, September 2, 2017, 17:43:16 »

Successive 0-3 and 0-4 defeats at home are inexcusable. I don't care if the players haven't had time work as a unit (they clearly have had time) or if we started average under Di Canio or Wise - we are fucking embarrassingly and hopelessly incompetent

4-1 SY, Luke has now doubled his STFC home league goals total  Smiley
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, September 2, 2017, 17:44:42 »

4-1 SY, Luke has now doubled his STFC home league goals total  Smiley
Oh well, that makes it all better
china red

« Reply #114 on: Saturday, September 2, 2017, 17:58:04 »

Most of our defense hardly played last year, let's hope they fucking gel quickly.  We've come out of the blocks flying the last two games, gone a goal down and just looked totally inept thereafter.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #115 on: Saturday, September 2, 2017, 18:01:04 »

Crawley second half was a shocker, this was worse. First 5 we looked decent, after that total fucking shambles. Again the midfield was non existent. As well as scoring 4, Barnet hit the bar, had a decent shout for another penalty turned down and their player missed the 1-1. All this and they didn't give a flying fuck for the last 20 where they coasted. Mullins was lucky when he pushed their bloke.
The cross from Hussey to Norris though was a peach.
All the shit we gave Williams is still there - tactical ineptness, players not giving a fuck, shit defence, shit midfield, shit forwards, piss poor discipline, large no of loan players.
Sometimes I despair being Town. This is one of those days.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Saturday, September 2, 2017, 18:06:33 »

What a goal

https://twitter.com/scot_munroe/status/904038324557504512
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Saturday, September 2, 2017, 18:13:20 »

One win off automatic promotion.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Saturday, September 2, 2017, 18:21:15 »

Maybe PDC wasn't quite the bell end that he's portrayed on here  after all ?

I don't thnk anyone said PDC was a bellend..  A fruit loop maybe, but there was no doubt he was an effective manager, albeit a ludicrously expensive one..  He was and always will be a short term manager though, he will get the desired response initially, and then slowly but surely piss everyone off and alienate certain sections of the team, and club.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Saturday, September 2, 2017, 18:24:34 »

Yep.  More comedy defending.  Are Vigs and Robertson using the Keystone Kops training manual?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: