Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thats That.  (Read 2225 times)
Johno

Ignore
« on: Saturday, April 2, 2005, 16:04:50 »

well, seasons over now surely, i think its all well and good being optimistic but now im being realistic and honestly we don't deserve playoffs anyway.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, April 2, 2005, 16:09:36 »

Chance of playoffs over but enough of this relegation next year bullshit, hope we have a decent end to the season and I'm still optimistic for next season.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, April 2, 2005, 16:27:57 »

We're gonna lose a lot of players unless they are willing to take a pay cut BWB, and if we're gonna sign anyone it's gonna be conference players.
Dazzza

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, April 2, 2005, 16:41:58 »

Nail on the head for this season indeed.

I think an overhaul of the squad is just what's needed.  Sam going will hopefully release a bit of cash for King to splash in the transfer market and who knows what he may come up with.

If we can hang on to a core of the squad then with a bit of cash we may be able to get a few more experienced heads to give us that bit more consistency.

Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, April 2, 2005, 16:44:30 »

Quote from: "Tails"
We're gonna lose a lot of players unless they are willing to take a pay cut BWB, and if we're gonna sign anyone it's gonna be conference players.

Yes, sure we'll lose a few players but like Dazzza says we're in need of a squad overall anyway. Fact is our wage budget has been among the smallest in the division for the last couple of years anyway, King pulled off a few miracles and got us to the playoffs, give him a chance and he can do the same again.
Dazzza

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, April 2, 2005, 16:50:37 »

This summer may be a bit of a different ball game.  On one hand you have the transfer window, which may start some clubs snapping up anything with a pulse to maintain a squad.

On the other hand you may find players are more than ever likely to jump at contracts knowing full well that there is no chance of a club come the season starts.

DMR

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, April 2, 2005, 22:54:30 »

Lets have a complete overhaul with our stifling debts. Well done.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, April 3, 2005, 00:38:36 »

Free transfers Dave, it's cheaper to bring in new players than to give new contracts to old ones. Our wage budget is very small as it is but we have a manager whose proven he can spot a bargain, Parkin will also be by far the highest earner especially with bonuses so if he leaves we will sign new players, they won't be on huge wages but neither are the ones we've got now.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, April 3, 2005, 11:17:04 »

I can see why an overhaul would be a good idea, and it may well be the best option. The only real question is will it be possible to bring the right players in, and at what cost?
Dazzza

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, April 3, 2005, 11:30:00 »

I'm hoping Harford can have a bit of influence I believe he had a fair bit of sway with the current Luton squad and will hopefully identify the sort of player we seem to be lacking.

Hopefully Elton will stop any major cash flow dramas and we won't see the likes of the Orr farce again in the summer.

That said   :-))(

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, April 3, 2005, 11:58:17 »

I would love to see how much of the Elton money the Club actually gets to see though Dazzzza!
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, April 3, 2005, 15:02:51 »

yeh the concert won't bring that much cash.

this summer is going to be very interesting with the first time the club are making a big change with the squad since todd was first here, hopefully king does better huh!
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, April 3, 2005, 17:00:28 »

I think it's a good thing. The players are just stale, not good enough in some cases and we need a a few new faces to give us some optimism for next season.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, April 3, 2005, 19:50:42 »

Dogs I'm still trying to sort that vid out-cant find it at the moment but I think its in the attic somewheres

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, April 3, 2005, 20:25:43 »

Fuck Harford he's a freak,he has the biggest face of all the people.

/
W56196272
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: