Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FPL League  (Read 7848 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 10:12:31 »

Best thing for FPL would be a long injury for Haaland (doesnt sound like it will be).

Combine that with Salah/Son and others off on international duty for most of January it will make team selection a bit more interesting as there doesn't seem to be much variation in teams. The likes of Haaland, Salah, Son, Saka, Watkins, Tripper, etc must have pretty high ownership % 
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 10:20:46 »

Best thing for FPL would be a long injury for Haaland (doesnt sound like it will be).

Combine that with Salah/Son and others off on international duty for most of January it will make team selection a bit more interesting as there doesn't seem to be much variation in teams. The likes of Haaland, Salah, Son, Saka, Watkins, Tripper, etc must have pretty high ownership % 

Yeah this is the main reason I lose interest every year, there just ends up being a "right" team and 80% of players have 80% the same team. The FPL Draft idea is better, but the scoring is so top heavy that basically whoever gets the first pick wins unless they're an idiot.

I'd quite like a league ban list, where you make everyone choose a squad that *doesn't* have Haaland, Salah and so on.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 17:33:03 »

This is so true.

I wanted to make a draft without Haaland. As it sounded a lot of fun having all that spare money to invest elsewhere.

But you can't, as he'll randomly score 4 at home one week and then you've lost right there on the spot.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 18:35:39 »

I’ve been Haaland-less for a good few weeks. It’s not hit me particularly hard as I’ve spent the funds on what should be on paper a very strong midfield and it’s allowed me to play Darwin, Watkins and Jackson up front, which should bring a lot of points but in reality, hasn’t. And my smug-ness kicked me upside the head yesterday as I thought I’d be well top of my respective leagues given most other people (such as Tans) had captained or played Haaland. As it happens my midfield misfired and I only ended up two points above the average. I deserved that.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: