Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Six Nations  (Read 3519 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, March 13, 2010, 09:13:05 »

Calcutta Cup day.  (Or are we all now meant to call it the Kolkata Kop?)  Big day in the Ardiles household.  No idea whether Johnson is going to revert to type and after playing a more open game and losing to Ireland.  Frankly, I don't care today.  It's all about a win.  Fingers crossed.

My flatmate is Scottish. If we win I am going to celebrate by sellotaping a wooden spoon to his door. If we lose, I shall sulk!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, March 13, 2010, 10:00:17 »

Calcutta Cup day.  (Or are we all now meant to call it the Kolkata Kop?)  Big day in the Ardiles household.  No idea whether Johnson is going to revert to type and after playing a more open game and losing to Ireland.  Frankly, I don't care today.  It's all about a win.  Fingers crossed.
why bother crossing your fingers? my money is on england Sad

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, March 13, 2010, 18:53:47 »

fuck me that was depressing to watch

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, March 13, 2010, 23:04:22 »

fuck me that was depressing to watch
It was a bit of a dull game of rugby, only came to life in the last 20 minutes. Shame the drop-goal attempt fell short - losing to Scotland this year is a poor result.
Doore

« Reply #34 on: Saturday, March 13, 2010, 23:33:48 »

It was a bit of a dull game of rugby, only came to life in the last 20 minutes. Shame the drop-goal attempt fell short - losing to Scotland this year is a poor result.

We didn't lose though. Drawing with Scotland is still a poor result.

Also, Rugby is shit.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 13:03:08 »

It was awful again from England has to be said.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 13:10:09 »

I don't understand how people get excited about rugby. It's not like football where you get the passing, movement and build up, it's stop-start.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 13:19:27 »

Ralphy - that's just hilarious.  No passing, movement or build up?!  Good grief.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 13:26:50 »

It's boring !!
One F In Fitton

« Reply #39 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 16:33:12 »

I'm happy to admit that I don't really possess much technical knowledge of the game but I enjoy the 6 Nations. Couldn't care less about club rugby, but I enjoy supporting England at anything. I can't remember the last time I've been so uninspired by it though. Maybe I'm losing interest, or maybe it's because England don't really look like producing anything of note, either through the forwards or when they open it up. And when teams just boot it backwards & forwards to each other I start to lose the will to live, they're basically saying that they're scared to actually attempt something? Why be on the pitch then?!

Brian Moore annoys me because he's got a chip on his shoulder about "soccer", & has a dig during every game in which he commentates.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: