Pages: 1 ... 2502 2503 2504 [2505] 2506 2507 2508 ... 3981   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9082846 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #37560 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 11:11:51 »

Aaron Ramsey free to leave Juve, now if we can stump up his £400k a week wages....

If I was Ramsey with 3 years left on £400,000 a week then I'd stay right where I was and play in Serie C with Juventus B thank you very much.

It wouldn't impact his place in the Wales squad either.

Otherwise, find the money LP.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #37561 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 11:14:30 »

If I was Ramsey with 3 years left on £400,000 a week then I'd stay right where I was and play in Serie C with Juventus B thank you very much.

Otherwise, find the money LP.

That's a cool £60m+ in his pocket, got to admire his agent!

Going to see both of Wales best players siting around for the next few years.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #37562 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 11:17:57 »

Really hope he doesn't do a Bale (or a Bogarde for those of a less recent vintage). Footballers have such a rare talent and such a short career to express it in, it's a terrible waste to just sit on a contract. Not like players at that level need the money so desparately that if he can "only" get 200k rather than 400k it's going to cause him a problem, but he'll be a long time retired to regret wasted years
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #37563 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 11:23:10 »

Really hope he doesn't do a Bale (or a Bogarde for those of a less recent vintage). Footballers have such a rare talent and such a short career to express it in, it's a terrible waste to just sit on a contract. Not like players at that level need the money so desparately that if he can "only" get 200k rather than 400k it's going to cause him a problem, but he'll be a long time retired to regret wasted years

I get the impression with Bale there is a degree of bloodymindedness on both sides causing much of the issue, as for Ramsey I suspect its either China of Golf.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #37564 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 11:24:29 »

I get the impression with Bale there is a degree of bloodymindedness on both sides causing much of the issue, as for Ramsey I suspect its either China of Golf.
A "degree of bloodymindedness"? Think there's enough for two full circumferences on both sides!
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #37565 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 11:26:10 »

Really hope he doesn't do a Bale (or a Bogarde for those of a less recent vintage).

Or rather, hope Juve don't do a Real, Bale was all set to leave but Real made a huge u-turn and suddenly demanded a fee, they've made there own bed there, nobody is going to pay a fee and match his wages.

You would like to think that Juve have seen how that has played out and if he is indeed free to leave then he would likely find a club to somehow match his wages in the form of a big signing on fee in the absence of a transfer fee.  He's easily a 30 million pound player in today's market so that would halve the weekly wage if offered as a golden handshake.

I think he'll want to find a club.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #37566 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 11:28:12 »

No way, man! £400,000 per week and helping Juve B reach the top of Serie B and unable to make it to Serie A.

THE DREAM

Too Cool
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #37567 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 11:40:24 »

Or rather, hope Juve don't do a Real, Bale was all set to leave but Real made a huge u-turn and suddenly demanded a fee, they've made there own bed there, nobody is going to pay a fee and match his wages.
Sorry, yes, I didn't mean to ascribe blame exclusively to Bale. Don't think he's covered himself in glory, but you're right that Zidane and Real have largely created their own problem.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #37568 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 11:43:36 »

Sorry, yes, I didn't mean to ascribe blame exclusively to Bale. Don't think he's covered himself in glory, but you're right that Zidane and Real have largely created their own problem.

Much as Chelsea did with Bogarde, scary thing is Ramsey is on 10x what Bogarde was on.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #37569 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 12:16:51 »

Quote from: Costanza
Wellens mentioned on Talk of the Town that Grant was a little bit behind so wouldn't be playing. Nothing drastic.

excellent, thanks. missed that bit
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #37570 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 12:17:37 »

You would like to think that Juve have seen how that has played out and if he is indeed free to leave then he would likely find a club to somehow match his wages in the form of a big signing on fee in the absence of a transfer fee.  He's easily a 30 million pound player in today's market so that would halve the weekly wage if offered as a golden handshake.

I think he'll want to find a club.

I think I read somewhere that Real Madrid fell foul of a wind-up, where some rumours started kicking about around an impending bid from another team.  They quickly reached out to the Chinese team that were taking Bale on a free and asked for some money.  If that is the case, sort of serves them right, and Bale has become a very well paid Welsh Professional player, a team he actually does seem to enjoy playing for.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #37571 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 14:55:34 »

Bradford have got another Doyle situation. James Vaughan is off, Tranmere has been mooted but say they can’t afford him so a loan somewhere looks likely.

They do know how to piss off their fans!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #37572 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 14:59:45 »

Bradford have got another Doyle situation. James Vaughan is off, Tranmere has been mooted but say they can’t afford him so a loan somewhere looks likely.

They do know how to piss off their fans!

This happened in January too
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #37573 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 15:04:32 »

He’s on £3k pw so now Bradford have decided to let him go they can only pay any replacement according to the L2 cap. Ready made excuse to the fans.

And people still moan about Power

Vaughan has the remaining 2 years of his contract terminated so he’s a freebie
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 15:13:08 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #37574 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 16:11:00 »

Woolery is kicking about with Tyler Reid in his latest social media postings, so he's got to be about SN1 somewhere, assuming of course that Reid is showing up for training.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Pages: 1 ... 2502 2503 2504 [2505] 2506 2507 2508 ... 3981   Go Up
Print
Jump to: