Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Crewe Alexandra Official Matchday Thread  (Read 39516 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #165 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 21:36:01 »

First time in Oxford's long, illustrious history they have lost 8 league games on the bounce 

Is it?

*Chortle vigorously*
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #166 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 21:50:53 »

First time in Oxford's long, illustrious history they have lost 8 league games on the bounce 
But given they have been a league team for less time than they have been a non league team, they may well have equalled it or better as a non league team. 
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 23:19:02 »

Just been told that the No. 3 for Crewe was plucked from non-league obscurity - Pewsey!!  A few more performances like today and him and a few of his team mates could well be heading back down that road!

Think he got somewhere close to the final of our first Samsung thingy.
Made his professional debut against us as it happens in 2012.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 23:50:50 »

Good to see they have wiped the camera lense for the Football League Show coverage this year.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 01:52:31 »

Wasn't able to go today but at Gillingham Brad Smith was very under used but when he was every single cross was extremely dangerous, really should have scored a couple from them so I guess we should just right off today's reported performance as a bad day at the office.
kerry red

« Reply #170 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 03:30:52 »

Re Oxford. I think they are in the process of getting shafted by the new owners whose only interest is the development opportunities in turning their kip into houses.

And Appleton is in the process of getting his win percentage down even lower!

The perfect storm!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 06:02:45 »

Well that was like a pre season run out and awful spectacle.

Two good goals ...Williams was very good from where I was in the TE...saw it go in as it left his foot.

We will play better and lose this season...maybe at Crawley we already have!

If I were a Crewe fan, I'd be worried. Awful...

Clems Army!
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 07:30:29 »

I agree with Flash - that was probably one of the dullest games of football I have seen for a good long while. Glad the crowd was so low - not a great advert and at £ 25 not a great price. If that was a silver game what will a bronze serve up. Oof it was painful to watch. Crewe were there for the taking and we couldn`t take them.....glad Williams scored.
Brad Smith needs to work on his crossing skills coz he doesn`t have any presently.

Onwards and upwards....

Bathtime
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #173 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 08:20:52 »

Two further points that I think have already been made.

1. Williams doesn't look like a gutless chicken any more. Actually tried a few tackles yesterday so hopefully that shows his confidence in injury recovery is up.

2. I criticised Brad Smiths crossing, and rightly so. But it should also be pointed out he frequently took up good positions that provided us with width and another attacking option. Occasionally he looked slightly reluctant to make the run or take a player on but he has good pace and could be a real asset when he gains confidence and settles in a bit more (even based on yesterday's performance Smiley )
DRS

« Reply #174 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 08:31:42 »

I agree with Flash - that was probably one of the dullest games of football I have seen for a good long while. Glad the crowd was so low - not a great advert and at £ 25 not a great price. If that was a silver game what will a bronze serve up. Oof it was painful to watch. Crewe were there for the taking and we couldn`t take them.....glad Williams scored.
Brad Smith needs to work on his crossing skills coz he doesn`t have any presently.

Onwards and upwards....
Maybe I am mistaken but didn't we win 2-0?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 08:48:02 »

Very little in the way of highlights on the FLS, but that finish from Williams was cool, calm and collected. Not the type of finish you see from someone lacking in confidence. Let's hope he's back to his best.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 09:03:58 »

Two further points that I think have already been made.

1. Williams doesn't look like a gutless chicken any more. Actually tried a few tackles yesterday so hopefully that shows his confidence in injury recovery is up.

2. I criticised Brad Smiths crossing, and rightly so. But it should also be pointed out he frequently took up good positions that provided us with width and another attacking option. Occasionally he looked slightly reluctant to make the run or take a player on but he has good pace and could be a real asset when he gains confidence and settles in a bit more (even based on yesterday's performance Smiley )

Ref your Brad Smith comment totally agree and one other point though was often the balls to him yesterday went behind him instead of in front that would have given him that extra yard.
It will come though I am sure,
kerry red

« Reply #177 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 09:18:51 »

The need to hang on to our playing assets is even more evident now.

We have the basis of an extremely good side which I think will only remain if we get promoted this season and another 2 to 3 players will see us give it a real good go.
REDBUCK

« Reply #178 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 09:19:58 »

Maybe I am mistaken but didn't we win 2-0?

This, and If anyone comes to games expecting blood and thunder football from the kick off  they are not going to get it very often.
kerry red

« Reply #179 on: Sunday, August 24, 2014, 09:21:21 »

Quite right.

That was an easy a win as you could imagine and we should appreciate the fact
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: