Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bury FC v Swindon Town FC - Matchday Thread  (Read 29809 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #210 on: Saturday, August 15, 2015, 21:42:28 »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Lelan

On 23 July 2014, Lelan joined Swindon Town on a one-month young loan
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, August 15, 2015, 21:53:20 »

Suttonred is still pissed from the sponsors dinner
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, August 15, 2015, 21:55:39 »

Suttonred is still pissed from the sponsors dinner

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, August 15, 2015, 21:57:52 »

And proud of it
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Sunday, August 16, 2015, 11:43:42 »

The goals are up from yesterday's match, it also shows how quick from the kick off after their first goal that they should have had a second.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Sunday, August 16, 2015, 12:05:17 »

Even the highlights make it clear we were thrashed 2-2!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Sunday, August 16, 2015, 13:00:16 »

Well if you can play poorly and still get a result...something, something and so on  Hmmm
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Sunday, August 16, 2015, 15:03:05 »

Teams know that if they let us settle into possession, then they'll get picked off sooner or later.....so they come out of the blocks quickly press the ball, and look to get into the spaces behind our defence.  Atm, we don't have an answer for this due to the inexperience of our new boys. The pressing game is hard work though and as teams tire a bit we come back in, so no coincidence we're conceding early and scoring late.  Going to have to work out some way of countering this, as we can't keep getting out of jail.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #218 on: Sunday, August 16, 2015, 15:09:04 »

TBH, more than a few times last season we were either brilliant first half and shite 2nd - Bradford and Chesterfield spring to mind - or the other way rou nd a la the 3 games this season.

The Coventry game is one of the few where we were v good for 90 mins.
steveg

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Sunday, August 16, 2015, 15:11:05 »

Teams know that if they let us settle into possession, then they'll get picked off sooner or later.....so they come out of the blocks quickly press the ball, and look to get into the spaces behind our defence.  Atm, we don't have an answer for this due to the inexperience of our new boys. The pressing game is hard work though and as teams tire a bit we come back in, so no coincidence we're conceding early and scoring late.  Going to have to work out some way of countering this, as we can't keep getting out of jail.

I was thinking on similar lines yesterday?! Swindon don't do breakfast at all do they?  Same shit different day!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Sunday, August 16, 2015, 16:21:36 »

Sounds like a fair assessment to me.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Sunday, August 16, 2015, 17:26:47 »

hopefully if Eckersley does sign that will help (basing this on his experience).  think Branco is coping relatively well out of all the defence. Thommo and Turnbull do need to knuckle down though. It'll come.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Monday, August 17, 2015, 16:15:27 »

Only just got round to posting my thoughts. Probably all been said but haven't read through so apologies in advance.

Vigouroux had a good game. Looked a penalty to me, no real complaints from town players is a giveaway.

As for the rest of the team, nobody came out of the first half with any credit really. The front two can't be blamed as the ball never really got to them. It's hard to play a patient passing game when none of the defence want the ball off the keeper, and none of the midfield are moving to create space. How we went in 1-0 down I have no idea.

Second half we went four at the back and used the width of the pitch much better. Suddenly our wide men were finding space and we were making inroads, then Kasim gave it away cheaply on the edge of our own box and it was a nice finish from their lad to make it 2-0.

Thankfully the introduction of Rodgers made a difference. Finally we had somebody who wanted to receive the ball and move it on quickly. The tempo of the whole team stepped up a notch and we began to peg Bury back. The first goal came pretty much out of nowhere, but was a lovely bit of work from Robert. Then we kept going and we all know Rodgers has a decent free kick in his locker.

A special mention for Leon Clarke. Not only did he miss the penalty, he also missed a one-on-one, messed up a two-on-one by getting tackled instead of playing his mate in, and continually strayed offside when his side tried to pick him out. Well played son.
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #223 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2015, 08:27:07 »

From what I saw if Rodgers last week and what you describe of him vs Bury, it seems like he's upped his game from last season.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2015, 08:38:00 »

The ref doesn't seem to mind that there are two players standing right next to him in the box when Clarke takes the penalty.

never trust a nun...
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: