Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Kaid Mohamed......  (Read 13801 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Friday, August 3, 2007, 14:25:15 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
I too think we'll go on an unbeaten run. And get relegated on 46 points.

I recall in 86/87, Exeter drew 23 games, which may be a record for a season.

A lot of them were 0-0.....they introduced a local centre half Shaun Taylor, to stiffen the defence, and had ex Town scuttler Paul Batty working the mid field.

The lack of creativity was caused by losing Martin Ling to STFC.

Maybe we should aim to eclipse this record this season.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Friday, August 3, 2007, 14:37:03 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

A lot of them were 0-0.....they introduced a local centre half Shaun Taylor, to stiffen the defence, and had ex Town scuttler Paul Batty working the mid field.

I bet they didn't go down though.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Friday, August 3, 2007, 14:42:40 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"

I bet they didn't go down though.

14th.... didn't win an away game all season.  Not sure if we've ever been winless away...there have been some dreadful seasons.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Friday, August 3, 2007, 14:47:15 »

No away wins would just be dire. Going away and winning is my absolute favourite thing in the whole world.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Friday, August 3, 2007, 14:51:03 »

No away wins would just be dire. Going away and winning is my absolute favourite thing in the whole world.

It takes a bit of beating....but still down from shagging a fit bird.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Friday, August 3, 2007, 14:53:46 »

Slightly better chance of getting an away win though :?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #96 on: Friday, August 3, 2007, 15:22:53 »

speak for yourself OST!  Cool
magic8ball

« Reply #97 on: Friday, August 3, 2007, 16:24:32 »

About this Kaid geezer....I know someone who used to play with him in his Llanelli days.

Apparently, he's a sound guy, quick, but can run a little hot and cold. Also, he has a temper, got himself sent off a fair few times too.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Friday, August 3, 2007, 16:30:32 »

I think Sturrock knows this could be a great signing or a pretty average player - but he obviously sees some potential there.

As for the record for draws in a season, didn't Rovers draw absolutely loads a couple of years ago?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #99 on: Friday, August 3, 2007, 16:45:25 »

Quote from: "magic8ball"
About this Kaid geezer....I know someone who used to play with him in his Llanelli days.

Apparently, he's a sound guy, quick, but can run a little hot and cold. Also, he has a temper, got himself sent off a fair few times too.

can he sort out the dodgy PA system?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Friday, August 3, 2007, 18:22:34 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
I think Sturrock knows this could be a great signing or a pretty average player - but he obviously sees some potential there.

As for the record for draws in a season, didn't Rovers draw absolutely loads a couple of years ago?

21 in 04/05

Think 23 may be the record.

An interesting fact is that our joint record of 17 draws in a season was 95/96 when we won this league for the only time.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Friday, August 3, 2007, 19:03:44 »

An interesting fact is that our joint record of 17 draws in a season was 95/96 when we won this league for the only time.

Yes, and we should have won a hell of a lot of those...we never really spanked anyone that season.  Enjoyed the season, mind...but it could've and should've been even better.

I sound like a miserable old git...which in some ways I am...

Cheers all,

Donkey

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Friday, August 3, 2007, 19:16:39 »

Quote from: "donkey"

Yes, and we should have won a hell of a lot of those...we never really spanked anyone that season.  Enjoyed the season, mind...but it could've and should've been even better.

Cheers all,

Donkey

On the other hand though, did we not also break the record for away wins (14) that season?

It got to the point where every single team was coming to the CG to play for a draw and put 10 men behind the ball. All too often that worked. Away from home of course they had to come out and attack a bit and we were then able to catch them on the break.

I would say we did spank a few teams without having the score line to show for it. The nearest we got to a proper spanking was the 4-1 v Bradford (managed by Chris Kamara at the time) early in the season.

You see Reg, that's the difference between you and me (well one of them anyway) You point out the record number of draws, whereas I prefer to point out the record number of away wins.

I'm so profound :?
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Friday, August 3, 2007, 19:35:45 »

Quote from: "donkey"

Cheers all,

Donkey

On the other hand though, did we not also break the record for away wins (14) that season?

It got to the point where every single team was coming to the CG to play for a draw and put 10 men behind the ball. All too often that worked. Away from home of course they had to come out and attack a bit and we were then able to catch them on the break.

I would say we did spank a few teams without having the score line to show for it. The nearest we got to a proper spanking was the 4-1 v Bradford (managed by Chris Kamara at the time) early in the season.

A very good point.  We were seen as the team to beat from the off (first points dropped to the Pox, that hurt!).  But I would expect our manager to work out how to deal with that.  Drawing 1-1 with 10 man Chesterfield was pretty poor (although we had at least one, and probably two goals disallowed).  Maybe I just don' like McMahon...

Yeah, that's it.

I don't like Steve McMahon.

A mate once slagged McMahon off to his (McMahon's) brother, and when he said he was his brother, my mate just said 'Fair enough, but I'm not gonna change my mind.'  Quality.

Cheers

Donkey

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Friday, August 3, 2007, 19:56:15 »

McMahon was a cunt

End of story !
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up