Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 125   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 120+ pages. It may give you Sheena Easton's icey black heart. Can you manage it?  (Read 258972 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #630 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 18:04:03 »

In fact, I know he has.

You tease!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #631 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 18:04:40 »

Tisdale would be a good appointment. Would be happy with him.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #632 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 18:23:30 »

I'm inclined to agree. Plus Ling was a good servant to this club, but he's not up there with Calderwood in the popularity stakes, or am I wrong?

It is probably unwise in the long term to bring someone in on the basis of popularity as a player but if they have the experience at management level then I see no problems with Fitton approaching those sort of candidates.

Fitton has got everyone in a spin, everyone is clutching at straws, everyones sources whether they are blokes down the pub or people closer to those who should be in the know are being told different things..... Your move Mr. Fitton.

Calderwood is definitely an STFC legend....captain for 8 years, 4 promotions, two Wembley victories...numerous cup upsets. 

Lingy a notch down as Wembley hero of 93....not a bad place to be, but no legend.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #633 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 18:25:21 »

I wouldn't doubt Calderwood as a legend. Ling's career was the basis of my comment.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #634 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 18:37:27 »

You tease!
No inside info I assure you. Just going on what I've seen/heard/read so far. The man knows what he is doing and is a class act. As a Swindon Town fan that takes some getting used to but is true nonetheless Cool
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #635 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 18:39:52 »

Tisdale would be a good appointment. Would be happy with him.

Who in the name of Sweet Baby Jesus is this 'Tisdale' I keep reading about? Is he manager of Exeter or something? Is that him? What's the deal? What makes him so good?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #636 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 18:40:38 »

No inside info I assure you. Just going on what I've seen/heard/read so far. The man knows what he is doing and is a class act. As a Swindon Town fan that takes some getting used to but is true nonetheless Cool

Agreed. I remain sure that Fitton has everyone scratching their heads... If betting patterns are the only source the media can go by it is surely the case.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #637 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 18:41:50 »

Who in the name of Sweet Baby Jesus is this 'Tisdale' I keep reading about? Is he manager of Exeter or something? Is that him? What's the deal? What makes him so good?

Yeah that's him. Started in the non leagues did an amazing job with Team Bath (think they are conference south now) and then joined Exeter where he has taken them to promotion from the conference to the top 6 in league 2. Not bad. Young and local. Could be a good choice.
Dazzza

« Reply #638 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 18:52:53 »

Got a nice article about Tisdale on wikipedia and even if it biased as fuck he’s an impressive record and done a nice bit of business there with the players he’s brought in at that level and worked well with the resources at his disposal.

Rich Pullen

« Reply #639 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 18:59:50 »

Tisdale has potential and ticks many of those Fitton requirements. However, no experience beyond where he is now and the fact that many people will have never heard of him could result in the likes of STFC Bart having cardiac arrests.

Tisdale wheres a cravat.

[url width=290 height=290]http://soccerlens.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/tisdale.jpg[/url]
Dazzza

« Reply #640 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 19:00:30 »

Sorry if this has already been posted, Ling interview:

http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/sport/3954432.Ling__Swindon_have_not_come_in_for_me/

"I know my odds were slashed down from 16/1 to 3/1 but I don't know if that's just because fans are putting money on me.

"I don't know where this has come from. It can be agents putting things like this about but it has certainly not come from my side.

"I will say the same thing as I said earlier in the week, Swindon Town know where I am if they want to speak to me."

Rich Pullen

« Reply #641 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 19:03:02 »

Yeah, I think I've read that somewhere on here... Meh, Ling can be seen staring at his telephone ready to pounce.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #642 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 19:06:09 »

Sorry if this has already been posted, Ling interview:

http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/sport/3954432.Ling__Swindon_have_not_come_in_for_me/

"I know my odds were slashed down from 16/1 to 3/1 but I don't know if that's just because fans are putting money on me.

"I don't know where this has come from. It can be agents putting things like this about but it has certainly not come from my side.

"I will say the same thing as I said earlier in the week, Swindon Town know where I am if they want to speak to me."
I posted it actually Dazzzmeister. I'm somewhat distraught you failed to read one of my posts (that's the scond time I've used the word 'distraught' on this forum tonight...I suppose that's the third Huh?)

From that, it looks like Lingy's gagging for a bit of STFC Cool
Dazzza

« Reply #643 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 19:11:58 »

I posted it actually Dazzzmeister. I'm somewhat distraught you failed to read one of my posts (that's the scond time I've used the word 'distraught' on this forum tonight...I suppose that's the third Huh?)

From that, it looks like Lingy's gagging for a bit of STFC Cool

Meh, apologies this thread grows to quickly!

Where have you been hiding of late anyway?

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #644 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 19:14:25 »

I'm always lurking Cool
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 125   Go Up
Print
Jump to: