Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 125   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 120+ pages. It may give you Sheena Easton's icey black heart. Can you manage it?  (Read 259028 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #615 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 16:13:20 »

On current form, Exeter > Swindon.

On current form, Swindon > Sunderland.

Does that mean Keane is packing his bags for the move down south?
flammableBen

« Reply #616 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 16:17:01 »

Tisdale would be an ace appointment. Can't see it happening though.

Exeter are a tidy little club which have sorted themselves off and on the pitch during their conference stint. Obviously the Man U money helped.

He'd require a fair bit of compensation as I believe he's recently signed a fairly long contract. Could be wrong though.

I only read the first few pages but I didn't think the fans on that board were too bad.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #617 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 16:23:45 »

Tisdale did indeed sign a new contract this season. It's just another rumour to add to the long, long list.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #618 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 16:26:24 »

I want to start a rumour about the manager after teh next one who appears to be Martin Ling. 

I reckon Andy Gurney... just taken on WSM...Kingy to be his Director of Football.

By this time Fitton and co will have had enough of abuse from the fans, and Mike Diamandis will buy the club for a pound.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/7763091.stm

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 16:43:39 »

if fitton hires either calderwood or ling,i hope it is for their management skills,not just to appease the fan base.the more i think about it, the more the idea concerns me.
i honestly dont think ling  is worth paying compo to orient for.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #620 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 16:49:48 »

if fitton hires either calderwood or ling,i hope it is for their management skills,not just to appease the fan base.the more i think about it, the more the idea concerns me.

I'm inclined to agree. Plus Ling was a good servant to this club, but he's not up there with Calderwood in the popularity stakes, or am I wrong?

It is probably unwise in the long term to bring someone in on the basis of popularity as a player but if they have the experience at management level then I see no problems with Fitton approaching those sort of candidates.

Fitton has got everyone in a spin, everyone is clutching at straws, everyones sources whether they are blokes down the pub or people closer to those who should be in the know are being told different things..... Your move Mr. Fitton.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #621 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 16:51:29 »

Can someone rename this thread please. It's 7 pages out of date now. Thanks x x x
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #622 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 16:52:59 »

Can someone rename this thread please. It's 7 pages out of date now. Thanks x x x

Can it include something about the one after next as well...lazy sods.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #623 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 16:58:25 »

There is clearly a + after 35 and its been there all day
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #624 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 17:16:33 »

I reckon Andy Gurney... just taken on WSM...Kingy to be his Director of Football.

Gurney was in my dream last night, I was playing football against him and I remember thinking "oh shit, this is going to hurt".
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #625 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 17:38:55 »

Gurney was in my dream last night, I was playing football against him and I remember thinking "oh shit, this is going to hurt".

I hope it had nothing to do with bananas....I think this confirms my theory that Gurney will be our next manager but one.

Anyone besides JFW had any Gurney dreams?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #626 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 17:41:47 »

If I were ling or calderwood I wouldn't take the job because if things don't go right, legendary status will be lost.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #627 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 17:44:02 »

Lings not really that much of a legend is he?

Sure he was part of a legendary team made up of some proper legendary players but Ling?! I dunno. He had some right shockers
Rich Pullen

« Reply #628 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 17:47:26 »

Lings not really that much of a legend is he?

This is what I'm thinking. Good servant but I can't remember ever hearing or reading anyone regarding Ling as a legend.

Perhaps I'm being harsh.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #629 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 18:02:17 »

This is what I'm thinking. Good servant but I can't remember ever hearing or reading anyone regarding Ling as a legend.

Perhaps I'm being harsh.

No, he is not a 'legend'. He did a sterling job for us, make no mistake, but not sterling enough to be worthy of legendary status. The word Legend is horribly over used these days but I guess that Calderwood is probably worthy of that epithet.

I am sure that Fitton has far more about him though, than to appoint a manager purely on any perceived 'legendary' status which the applicant may hold. In fact, I know he has.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 125   Go Up
Print
Jump to: