Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 125   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 120+ pages. It may give you Sheena Easton's icey black heart. Can you manage it?  (Read 258966 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 14:45:19 »

Well it seems clear that the manager we appoint is currently already in a job ....

and that he is a Gary McAllister type appointment - ie ex player - perhaps ex Swindon - or does he mean ex Liverpool perhaps ala McAllister

he would have a track record of some kind in management

That would suggest Colin Calderwood - Martin Ling - Nigel Clough perhaps?
Are there any others that fit the pattern above??

An ex-player now currently employed in Management, there cant be too many of those can there?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 14:47:21 »

An ex-player now currently employed in Management, there cant be too many of those can there?

About 87 I would have thought in the football league in England alone!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #572 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 14:50:29 »

I think that was my point.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 14:51:28 »

I think that was my point.

I am fully aware. It was 4 the lez inteligant puple on her

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #574 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 08:46:58 »

According to the bbc:

Swindon have asked Leyton Orient for permission to make O's boss Martin Ling their new manager on the advice of Glenn Hoddle, who launched his managerial career with the Robins.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 08:49:04 »

They know nothing, just pulled from somewhere else that knows nothing.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 09:32:23 »

According to the bbc:

Swindon have asked Leyton Orient for permission to make O's boss Martin Ling their new manager on the advice of Glenn Hoddle, who launched his managerial career with the Robins.

That's what the Forest guy said on the Calderwood thread. Apparently he's not your average internet BS merchant, but how he knows about what the  O's are up to is anyone's guess.

Again Ling fits into the information in the Fitton quotes, but again I'd be underwhelmed. Then again I never rated him that highly as a player either.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 10:15:23 »

He wouldn't work with Byrne last time, why would he now?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 10:18:58 »

Maybe he wouldn't be forced to work with Byrne this time, whereas last time I think Fitton was keen to keep Byrne at all costs.

In my faded memory I though the biggest problem with Ling was he didn't buy into the policy of youth being nurtured into the first team. Could be totally wrong, does anyone else remember if a reason was given as to why Malpas got the job and Ling didn't?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #579 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 10:20:20 »

Shamelesly stolen from another site

With the chairman’s shortlist now down to the three names, Swindon Town midfielder Craig Easton has given his backing to Martin Ling for the vacant manager’s job.

Ex-Cheltenham boss John Ward and former Bristol Rovers manager Ian Holloway are the bookies’ favourites for the hot-seat.

But Easton, who played under the Robins legend at Leyton Orient, says there would be no better man for the job than Ling.

“I think he’s a great manager and one of the best I’ve played under in my career,” he said.

“If they decided to appoint him it would be a great thing for Swindon Town. I know from working with him at Orient how much he enjoyed his time here.”

Ling says he is yet to be contacted, but that he is in the same place as he was when Town appointed Maurice Malpas in January if they want to talk to him.

“A year ago there was a lot written about the situation and nothing came of it,” said Ling.

“There’s been no approach to me or the football club. Swindon know where I am.”

Rich Pullen

« Reply #580 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 10:24:05 »

This is true. I think Dean Smith is his right hand man at Leyton Orient and has been for a good few years now.

Oh and I'm sure Craig Easton would be very happy indeed to see Ling join Swindon wouldn't he Wink
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #581 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 10:25:23 »

This is true. I think Dean Smith is his right hand man at Leyton Orient and has been for a good few years now.

Oh and I'm sure Craig Easton would be very happy indeed to see Ling join Swindon wouldn't he Wink

I'm sure he would be. Wasn't he the O's captain under Ling?

Didn't think there was any bad feeling between them?

It's All Good..............
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #582 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 10:53:31 »

According to the bbc:

In the Mirror as well today...
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #583 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 10:54:25 »

Which is where the Beeb sourced it from Wink
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #584 on: Friday, December 5, 2008, 11:21:51 »

last year singing about ling always being swindon til he dies at brisbane road must have impressed him:)
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 125   Go Up
Print
Jump to: