Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 125   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 120+ pages. It may give you Sheena Easton's icey black heart. Can you manage it?  (Read 259013 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #555 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 11:11:27 »

fatbury <3 nigel clough.

Theres more chance of it being calderwood than clough. And theres little chance of that. It will be holloway. Here endeth the thread.

Thats the one person it won't be. Here re openeth the thread and I would take a fair wager on it. Shot himself in the foot, I believe. 
fatbury

« Reply #556 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 11:13:03 »

some of the reasons I rate Nigel

taken from Setantas Rebecca Lowe column on non league

"Burton are looking good
As I write, Burton Albion are top of the tree for the first time in their 58-year history. With the departure of Daryl Clare to Rushden in the summer I was one of quite a few who thought they’d feel that hard and struggle to compete as strongly as they did last season. But the arrival of Greg Pearson, the good form of Shaun Harrad and the valuable input from the talented Aaron Webster and John McGrath has meant that Nigel Clough has steadily picked up from where they left off last season. And considering the incredibly harsh refereeing decisions they were on the end of in the play-off semis, it has been highly impressive to see them back challenging so quickly. Nigel Clough is proving year on year what an outstanding manager he is. To see him in the Football League would only be the reward he so deserves. Loyalty is a separate issue to talent but when you combine both it’s a special thing. So few sets of football fans can claim their manager truly loves their club. Nigel does and that is something to really savour. "
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 11:16:39 »

"Burton are looking good
As I write, Burton Albion are top of the tree for the first time in their 58-year history. With the departure of Daryl Clare to Rushden in the summer I was one of quite a few who thought they’d feel that hard and struggle to compete as strongly as they did last season. But the arrival of Greg Pearson, the good form of Shaun Harrad and the valuable input from the talented Aaron Webster and John McGrath has meant that Nigel Clough has steadily picked up from where they left off last season. And considering the incredibly harsh refereeing decisions they were on the end of in the play-off semis, it has been highly impressive to see them back challenging so quickly. Nigel Clough is proving year on year what an outstanding manager he is. To see him in the Football League would only be the reward he so deserves. Loyalty is a separate issue to talent but when you combine both it’s a special thing. So few sets of football fans can claim their manager truly loves their club. Nigel does and that is something to really savour. "

Its written by a woman, what do they know about football??

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 12:15:17 »

Its written by a woman, what do they know about football??

More than Fatbury!!  ;-)
Lumps

« Reply #559 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 12:45:49 »

Fuck yeah Nigel Clough  - 9 years to win one promotion, and having to switch leagues from the Southern to the Northern in order to acheive that.

If he was really any good do you think he'd still be at Burton?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 12:46:27 »

I'd rather have Tisdale than Clough.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 13:03:55 »

"Burton are looking good

They appear to be the reasons rebecca lowe rates nigel

Things get better but they never get good
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 13:12:02 »

I think she fancies him
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #563 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 13:36:26 »

I would.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 13:56:14 »

nah that cunt is too busy replying on forums Wink

how dare you
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 13:58:24 »

A while back in this thread I asked why Fitton was speaking to Hoddle and what the link was. Not sure if anyone said this but it did just occur to me that while he was Swindon manager both Calderwood and Ling played for him, so I'd imagine those two were a big part of the conversation.

I reckon Fitton could be waiting to see what happens at Forest, with Calderwood being his first choice.

If Clough or someone else from a lower league or currently out of work then I reckon he would have appointed them by now. He is waiting on something, it doesn't take this long to appoint a manager for club like Swindon.

I also reckon he'll try speaking to Keane, pretty much zero chance of that happening but I reckon he'll try.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 14:02:07 »

I'm actually starting to wonder if Fitton knows who / what he wants for the next manager, at the moment every week it is a different story, not that long ago he was having a shortlist of 3, and before that there was this 'knock your socks off' person, and noe there the 2 managers that are employed.

If he wants one of the managers, make the official approach and if the manager wants to come I'm sure he will tell his chairman he wishes to leave so that should hurry them into agreeing compensation, if not then move on to the next target.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 14:06:05 »

Fitton's already ruled out going for a lower league manager, so Fatbury can fuck off with his Nigel Clough suggestions.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 14:07:35 »

how dare you

Cool
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #569 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 14:43:24 »

At this rate we might get a new manager in January, giving him loads of time to assess the squad and get some fresh faces in. Oh wait, that was last season.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 125   Go Up
Print
Jump to: