Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 125   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 120+ pages. It may give you Sheena Easton's icey black heart. Can you manage it?  (Read 259012 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 08:07:48 »

Even one of Samdy's snappy image macro things would have been nice (But I would have instantly banned him or anybody else for it).

:cunt:
Rich Pullen

« Reply #436 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 09:07:28 »

Good reality check. The first few months under Sir Lou were also pretty shabby, attendance and performance-wise. It only changed when we started winning every game.

I'm was interested in Fitton's comments on thisis RE: Malpas vs. The Fans....

I said to him after the Oldham game (which Town won 2-0), why did you turn and go straight down the tunnel? Why not go out and greet the players?

He said it was because the fans had been on his back too much.

As someone who gave Malpas all the chances in the world it's somewhat disappointing to read that he'd given up on winning over the Swindon fans long ago. Ho-Hum.

The new guy or any future manager simply cannot approach the Swindon faithful in the same way.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 09:12:36 »

I read it as disappointing in the sense that not all fans had been on his back, he should have acknowledged the crowd as there were people in the CG willing to give him a fair crack of the whip. 

I expect MM to give up on footie now, which is a shame, would be good to see him as a coach somewhere, doing well for himself, he came across as a decent bloke to me.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #438 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 09:20:23 »

I read that Sanchez has not been spoken to then.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 09:27:29 »

I get really fucking annoyed at all this "our supporters are cunts mallarkey." We're no better or worse than most. Are we worse than the so called religiuos Toon Army - are we fuck. Are we worse than the Slave Trader bastards - are we fuck. Are we worse than the Gooners asking questions of Wenger - are we fuck and so on and so on. We've been really short changed recently. This appointment is vital as the only thing we've got to play for in the next few months is not getting relegated and hanging on to our best players.
We want to be entertained,. We want our team to play decent football. We want our team to play with passion and put in a good shift. We want to be proud of our team. If we lose to a better team or a robbery then fair enough. We don't want our team beaten before the game starts. This is what all fans want. That's all I want. I don't expect Premiership football ever again. I don't expect regular Championship football. I don't expect players to stay with us for life. I expect us to yoyo thruogh the lower Divisions.

Spot on..........im not unrealistic.....only a miracle would see us in the prem again, that was my dream and i lived it. Championship would be nice.
I dont want a team who roll over and die.
i dont want players who gesticulate at the fans when they spoon a pass into the crowd - you are a professional football player for fucks sake...take it on the chin.
I want passion and battle and inbetween a bit of play as a bonus.
i want a manager who knows what he is doing who can lift his side and talk to the fans.
Not too much too ask i know!!

Clems Army!
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #440 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 09:28:30 »

To be honest most of our fans were never really going to give MM a chance. I had all the time in the world for the guy. He was genuinely a very nice guy, He was very passionate about succeeding I know this from talking to him at the end of season do last year as well as the team photo shoot. He wasn’t the most charismatic man. He seemed pretty thick skinned. He wasn’t going to take any non-sense from people questioning his ability. I told him at the end of last season to stick at it and try to ignore any abuse etc and he said “I will do ofcourse and that’s football, you get that everywhere” Now I’m not a motivational speaker and not my place to say anything or whatever to MM. His wife had said to me as well about how much Maurice loves Swindon and it was all he spoke about . In regards to not greeting the players I think its more to do with he had lost the dressing room than the fans. He could easily blame the fans as opposed to saying “well the players hate me so why should I?”. I would love to see what MM has to say about his Swindon experience to be honest but I doubt we will ever find out what happened really. MM was never going to be one to try and win over the fans, he is passionate about football. I believe MM gave up on football pretty match after leaving Motherwell and I would imagine he won’t get a management job again in England. I sponsored Maurice this season due to him being a great guy and when you speak to him he does make good sense, I think it’s a case of how he gets his ideas across etc that was his down point. He could potentially be a very good number 2. We saw flashes of good football under MM but he needs a mouthpiece and motivator to get his ideas across that’s where he fell down.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 09:32:09 »

I read it as disappointing in the sense that not all fans had been on his back, he should have acknowledged the crowd as there were people in the CG willing to give him a fair crack of the whip. 

I expect MM to give up on footie now, which is a shame, would be good to see him as a coach somewhere, doing well for himself, he came across as a decent bloke to me.

Said it before.....i hope he goes back to coaching and is a success.
I said i would give him a year and all for a few weeks so did Fitton.

Clems Army!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #442 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 09:34:08 »

he should have acknowledged the crowd as there were people in the CG willing to give him a fair crack of the whip. 

That's the disappointment I'm talking about. I wasn't aiming to create a Malpas is a moron discussion or anything... However, as I mentioned the new regime cannot afford to do the same as what Malpas did in combating the Barts of this world.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 09:44:02 »

From Fitton's comments is 100% obvious who this "Gary McAllister" style manager will be.  Jan Aage Fjortoft is coming to town!!!!  With his carrier bag!!  Whoa whooooooo!!!!!!
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 09:52:50 »

I read that Sanchez has not been spoken to then.

I was delighted to read that Sanchez hadn't been contacted too.

Ian Holloway was on Big League Weekend on Sky last night. They showed him the odds after the Walsall highlights and he talked the club up and said what a good job it would be for whoever gets it. It's not rocket science but he identified tightening up the defence and hanging on to Cox as the major challenges of the job. He said he sympathised with Fitton for having 50 applicants to wade through, but made it blatantly obvious he'd love the job.

His was probably the first name mentioned, there have been seemingly hundreds of rumours since then, and yet I'd still be perfectly happy if we gave this bloke the job.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 10:08:54 »

Holloway would have been my first choice. Pearce would have been fantastic but reality soon sets in that it'd have been too good to be true.

I suppose we'll find out at the weekend

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #446 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 10:14:08 »

Holloway is still my personal fave for the job, despite his appearance in the TE a couple of weeks back and with him being an ex Rover (that never harmed Steve White!).

But there is a lot of talk down this end of the country that he's being lined up as the next manager of Yeovil, Slade is under increasing pressure with results not going their way and fans are calling for his head and Holloway is being widely tipped to get the job should Yeovil sack Slade.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 10:26:05 »

Holloway is a no. Fact.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 10:30:11 »

do you have info Juddie?

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 10:38:04 »

That's a fair commute, Yatton Keynell to Yeovil each day, horrible journey, still if it pays enough.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 125   Go Up
Print
Jump to: