Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 125   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 120+ pages. It may give you Sheena Easton's icey black heart. Can you manage it?  (Read 259014 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 11:03:54 »

Bloody hell - somebody's lost the plot.

I hope its you lot and not Fitton !!
Here. Try this. See if it helps. I don't suppose it will but anyway...

IRONY (from the Ancient Greek εἰρωνεία eironeía, meaning hypocrisy, deception, or feigned ignorance) is a literary or rhetorical device, in which there is an incongruity or discordance between what one says or does, and what one means or what is generally understood. Irony is a mode of expression that calls attention to discrepancy between two levels of knowledge. In fiction, it is a demonstration of the distance between the character's knowledge and that of the audience.

You have to be able to grasp this concept. If not, this forum will be pretty much lost on you.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #301 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 11:47:13 »

Hes fat, hes round, he is a big fat clown...big fat Ron...big fat Ron.

Once a scummer always a scummer.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
dell boy

« Reply #302 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 12:04:04 »

Hes fat, hes round, he is a big fat clown...big fat Ron...big fat Ron.

Once a scummer always a scummer.
I would stop going to games if that ever happened.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 12:15:58 »

Heard today it's been whittled down to the last three; Pearce, Ling and Sanchez (cunt).

SANCHEZ WOULD BE A VERY UNPOPULAR CHOICE, FACT!

We want a Pyscho for a manager, Pearce or Roy Keane who might soon be available.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 12:33:19 by Crozzer » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 12:43:59 »

i dont really want sanchez after reading some of the other names mentioned.if he gets the job then i'll get behind him though
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 12:44:37 »

Same as Arriba.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 13:12:06 »

Sanchez nearly relegated Fulham:

Club career

Sanchez had first played for Reading, between 1977 and 1984, before moving to Wimbledon for £30,000. He scored the goal that got the Dons promoted to the First Division in 1986. His most famous moment as a player came in 1988, when he scored the goal that won Wimbledon the FA Cup in 1988 against Liverpool, a match widely believed to be one of the biggest cup final upsets in history. In April 1993 Sanchez left Wimbledon for newly promoted Swindon Town, where he pissed-off a large number of the fans.

He is believed to be the first player to be sent off for a professional foul, after committing a deliberate handball in a Football League Trophy match against Oxford United in 1982.

Managerial and coaching career

Sligo Rovers

He became player-manager of League of Ireland club Sligo Rovers in 1994 and in his first season led them to the semi-final of the 1995 FAI Cup.He also managed them in the Cup Winners' Cup against Bruges FC

Wimbledon

In 1995, he returned to Wimbledon and became reserve team manager, winning the Football Combination in his first season in charge.After two years with the reserves he then stepped up to 1st coach under Joe Kinnear.

Wycombe Wanderers

Sanchez became manager at Wycombe Wanderers in Feb 1999,and with only 18 games left he rescued the team from imminent relegation.In 2001 he guided the club (then in the Second Division) to its greatest moment, playing Liverpool in the FA Cup semi-finals; Wycombe lost 2–1, having held Liverpool to 0–0 for most of the match.

After finishing 12th in 2002 and 11th in 2003, the upward progress came to an end with collapse of the OnDigital TV deal and the subsequent loss of both revenue and subsequently players. After a poor start to the 2003–04 season Sanchez left the club on 30 September 2003.

Northern Ireland national team

Sanchez was appointed manager of Northern Ireland in January 2004. At that point the side was ranked 124th in the world, had a 1,298 minute-long goal drought, and had not won a game for nearly three years. Northern Ireland improved markedly under Sanchez. By the time he left Northern Ireland were top of their Euro 2008 qualification group and reached an all-time high position of 27th in the world.

Notable results during his tenure included a 1–0 victory against England in a World Cup qualifying match, a 1–1 draw against Portugal, who went on to reach the World Cup 2006 semi-finals, a 2-1 win over Sweden and a 3–2 win against eventual Euro 2008 winners Spain in a Euro 2008 qualifying match, with striker David Healy scoring a hat trick. A book about his achievements with Northern Ireland was published in November 2007.

Fulham

While still manager of Northern Ireland, Sanchez was named as caretaker manager of Fulham following the sacking of Chris Coleman in April 2007. Having achieved his 32 day task of maintaining Fulham's Premier League position he was given the manager's job on a longer contract having first to resign from his position with Northern Ireland. His tenure at Craven Cottage came to a close in December 2007, with Fulham odds on for the drop.

« Last Edit: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 13:25:36 by Crozzer » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 13:22:49 »

Same as Arriba.
Thirded. I'll be right behind leefer being behind arriba behind Sanchez. We could make a little conga line out the back of the dugout Smiley
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 13:23:40 »

If its Sanchez I'll go all STFC Bart....
sonic youth

« Reply #309 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 13:32:26 »

if it's not who i want i'll throw my toys out of the pram
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 13:44:53 »

Here. Try this. See if it helps. I don't suppose it will but anyway...

IRONY (from the Ancient Greek εἰρωνεία eironeía, meaning hypocrisy, deception, or feigned ignorance) is a literary or rhetorical device, in which there is an incongruity or discordance between what one says or does, and what one means or what is generally understood. Irony is a mode of expression that calls attention to discrepancy between two levels of knowledge. In fiction, it is a demonstration of the distance between the character's knowledge and that of the audience.

You have to be able to grasp this concept. If not, this forum will be pretty much lost on you.

Sorry, OST, you're clrearly way too clever for me.

Curbs
Pardew
Ardiles
Allardyce
Keegan
Hughton
Evans
Atkinson
Palmer
Pearce
Hoddle

Exactly where does the list change from serious suggestion, to insanity to irony?

BANGKOK RED

« Reply #311 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 13:49:24 »

You forgot Sanchez
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 13:54:52 »

You forgot Sanchez

Lets hope Fitton does as well!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 14:34:54 »

Sanchez would make sense, fits in wit AF's clues earlier in the week.  Really think he's judged Town fans wrong here though as not sure how many fans would be blown away with Sanchez.

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 14:41:01 »

none would
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 125   Go Up
Print
Jump to: