Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 125   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 120+ pages. It may give you Sheena Easton's icey black heart. Can you manage it?  (Read 259010 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 23:55:38 »

Premiership season lacked internet conversation and also I wasn't at an age of knowing behind-the-scenes rumours.

Lawrie Sanchez played 8 games as a desperate late edition - he was poor... Is there any other reason he was hated for this stint at Swindon?

Personally I just don't like the manner of the bloke!  Comes across like he has a chip on his shoulder.  And IMO managed to be transformed from a manager who was league 2 level to a Premiership rated manager just by doing a stint as an international manager with Northern Ireland.

That and the fact that he was shite for us and probably got paid a fortune for it.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 23:56:10 »

john stevenson

Things get better but they never get good
Rich Pullen

« Reply #287 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 23:57:57 »

Lloyd Opara.

(who has had the most amazing career)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lloyd_Opara
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 23:59:57 by Rich Pullen » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 23:59:26 »

ben martin
flammableBen

« Reply #289 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 00:00:38 »

I'll see your Lloyd Opara's career and try and raise you Trevor Benjamin's.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trevor_Benjamin

I guess it's a judges decision, but TB was considered good by some people.
sonic youth

« Reply #290 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 00:01:36 »

Lloyd Opara.

(who has had the most amazing career)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lloyd_Opara

that's incredible. he really was gash though
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 00:48:44 »

Charlie Griffin,,,,who scored for Salisbury today.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 00:49:42 »

Heard today it's been whittled down to the last three; Pearce, Ling and Sanchez (cunt).

My order of preference. Pearce, Pearce then Pearce.
kaufman

« Reply #293 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 00:57:33 »

I remember an interview with sanchez when he was talking about his time at swindon, i seem to remember the quote as.
"yeah i went to down help them out and stop them going down but they were always gunna!"
I kind of went off him after that, also check out his interviews , always looks at the interviewer for a short while then turns away like he is talking to someone else on the other side of the room. he has problems, mental problems! Smiley that's a good enough reason for me, I'll stick with that
STFC Village

« Reply #294 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 01:25:38 »

one big bollocky vacuous circle of pointlessness.
I'm going to have that put on my gravestone  Smiley

Personally, i'd be happy with any of those 3, but i fear the baying masses won't be (except Psycho).
red_army

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 08:18:36 »

Lawrie Sanchez played 8 games as a desperate late edition - he was poor... Is there any other reason he was hated for this stint at Swindon?
[/quote]

When he came on for US against Wimbledon (in our Premiership days), he played like their 12th man (forgot he had on the red shirt, or just didnt care), he was subbed, never played for us again, and rightly so :>)  I hate the guy personally - This is one manager that woudld seriously make me consider whether I would go to the games or not, and that is not something I say lightly ....
NO TO SANCHEZ
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 09:39:52 »

Ling all but ruled himself out last time.

These rumour threads are getting more and more ridiculous each day. People just seem to be dreaming up names now, they circulate on the rumour mill for a few days, then get reported in the paper as "strong rumours around xyz" on the basis of that, at which point everyone goes "oooh, it must be true then it was in the paper" and so it goes on in one big bollocky vacuous circle of pointlessness.

And it seems the longer it goes on, the more inflated the rumours become. I think we should get Neil Armstrong in. He could promise us the moon on a stick, he's got experience in that area.
Very true Mr D..it is all self perpetuating, thanks to lazy journalism, 'news' papers desperation to fill space and peoples' willingness to hang on every word of the most irrelevant and non-reserarched articles..then you have Victor Chandler sticking in their two pence worth now and then by saying, "Oooh, Big Fat Ron the Racist is the new favourite" (which is manna from heaven for the lazy Adver writers) and people think when they read the printed word there is no smoke without fire and Fitton must have at least spoken with BFRTR when in fact there is smoke without fire, BFRTR has not even applied, it is complete and utter bollocks and no one has the faintest idea who it is going to be.

I tell you what though. If it's not Pearce or Holloway, I'm never going again Cool

N.B. I made that up about Big Ron. I was just using him as an example. I don't know of anyone putting 10k on him at VC. I imagine he is currently sitting on a beach in Antigua like a beached whale and intends to stay there for the forseeable future. I can imagine this being the Adver's main headline tomorrow (because they will have been too lazy of course, to read this far down)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 09:46:03 »

Very true Mr D..it is all self perpetuating, thanks to lazy journalism, 'news' papers desperation to fill space and peoples' willingness to hang on every word of the most irrelevant and non-reserarched articles..then you have Victor Chandler sticking in their two pence worth now and then by saying, "Oooh, Big Fat Ron the Racist is the new favourite" (which is manna from heaven for the lazy Adver writers) and people think when they read the printed word there is no smoke without fire and Fitton must have at least spoken with BFRTR when in fact there is smoke without fire, BFRTR has not even applied, it is complete and utter bollocks and no one has the faintest idea who it is going to be.

I tell you what though. If it's not Pearce or Holloway, I'm never going again Cool

N.B. I made that up about Big Ron. I was just using him as an example. I don't know of anyone putting 10k on him at VC. I imagine he is currently sitting on a beach in Antigua like a beached whale and intends to stay there for the forseeable future. I can imagine this being the Adver's main headline tomorrow (because they will have been too lazy of course, to read this far down)

I've heard the BFR rumour as well OST....mentoring Carlton Palmer
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 10:26:21 »

I've heard the BFR rumour as well OST....mentoring Carlton Palmer

Bloody hell - somebody's lost the plot.

I hope its you lot and not Fitton !!
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #299 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 10:34:45 »

This is the bestest rumour thread ever, even better than the Lomas one.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 125   Go Up
Print
Jump to: