Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 125   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 120+ pages. It may give you Sheena Easton's icey black heart. Can you manage it?  (Read 258975 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 21:58:58 »

Heard today it's been whittled down to the last three; Pearce, Ling and Sanchez (cunt).
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 22:03:15 »

Heard today it's been whittled down to the last three; Pearce, Ling and Sanchez (cunt).
If that's true, I pray that Pearce gets it.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 22:05:06 »

If that's true, I pray that Pearce gets it.

I concur

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 22:10:06 »

Ling all but ruled himself out last time.

These rumour threads are getting more and more ridiculous each day. People just seem to be dreaming up names now, they circulate on the rumour mill for a few days, then get reported in the paper as "strong rumours around xyz" on the basis of that, at which point everyone goes "oooh, it must be true then it was in the paper" and so it goes on in one big bollocky vacuous circle of pointlessness.

And it seems the longer it goes on, the more inflated the rumours become. I think we should get Neil Armstrong in. He could promise us the moon on a stick, he's got experience in that area.

EDIT: most of this isn't a response to Samdy btw, just heartily sick of the whole manager rumour thing now. I'm glad Fitton's taking his time to get the right man, because it is important he gets it right, but I kind of wish we could all stick our heads down a hole for two, three or however many weeks until it is sorted. And I'm worried that the longer it goes on and the more inflated people's expectations become, the less chance any new manager will actually have. Whoever it is is going to have to have at least 48 caps, been in two European Finals, win us the League Cup in his first season, the FA Cup and Championship title in his second, and cure AIDS and world hunger in his third.
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 22:14:50 by pauld » Logged
Rich Pullen

« Reply #274 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 22:16:02 »

It can only be Pearce if that list is true, Shirley?!?

As it stands there is only one U-21 game this season on the same day as we play Tranmere away in late March. Wigley and others will do the scouting, as they probably do already.

Regardless of who it is, I hope this meeting(s) tomorrow/Monday goes well.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 22:52:39 »

It can only be Pearce if that list is true, Shirley?!?

As it stands there is only one U-21 game this season on the same day as we play Tranmere away in late March. Wigley and others will do the scouting, as they probably do already.

Regardless of who it is, I hope this meeting(s) tomorrow/Monday goes well.

Not Sanchez please!!!!!!!!!!!

Clems Army!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 22:58:26 »

If that list really is true is best be Pearce! otherwise not many people are going to be happy are they
Rich Pullen

« Reply #277 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 23:29:58 »

Premiership season lacked internet conversation and also I wasn't at an age of knowing behind-the-scenes rumours.

Lawrie Sanchez played 8 games as a desperate late edition - he was poor... Is there any other reason he was hated for this stint at Swindon?
sonic youth

« Reply #278 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 23:33:58 »

lawrie sanchez was on 5live as well today, on fighting talk.

he's full of stats
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #279 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 23:45:08 »

Thats not far off what I've heard but substitute the last name for one that hasn't been mentioned yet but is an ex Town player. 
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 23:46:11 »

who is?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #281 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 23:46:46 »

Just name him man, everyone else has been named.
sonic youth

« Reply #282 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 23:49:44 »

luc nijholt
colin calderwood
david kerslake
glenn hoddle
lartin ming
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 23:50:39 »