Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 125   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 120+ pages. It may give you Sheena Easton's icey black heart. Can you manage it?  (Read 258955 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 12:21:35 »

Shortlist down to 3 by Monday then. I'm going to stop speculating now. Can't be bothered to at the end of the day it's going to be whoever it is. Does sound like we might not see an appointment for another week or so yet though.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #241 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 12:29:51 »

Last week Mr Fitton did say it would be 3 weeks before an appointment, which would make it around 12th December ish.

And I have come to the conclusion...it will be whoever it is as well, I wont be hugely dissapointed if it isnt one of my favourites for the job.

I think a lot of fans will be dissapointed when it isnt Stuart Pearce as I think we are thinking of ourselves as a bigger club than we actually are in the real world.

I would still be very happy if it was Holloway...a man who has expressed an interest in the job and is affordable and lives locally, even if he is an ex Brizzle Dog man....so was Steve White and he turned into a hero for us.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 12:52:53 »

To knock my socks off I expect nothing less than Mourinho please Mr Fitton.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 13:05:37 »

Shortlist down to 3 by Monday then. I'm going to stop speculating now. Can't be bothered to at the end of the day it's going to be whoever it is. Does sound like we might not see an appointment for another week or so yet though.

I quite enjoy listening to and reading about all the speculation....God bless Fitton for kindly asking MM to leave as it's more interesting talking about who our next manager may or may not be, rather than giving 101 reasons why MM wasn't up to it.....

its in Fitton's interest to get the right man for the job as a welcome appointment from a fans point of view will get more numbers through the turnstiles.....

say the right appointment brings an increase of around 1,000 fans(which would be realistic I reckon) and average ticket price works out at £15, correct me if I'm wrong but thats a £15k increase a fortnight on gate receipts alone. So based on those stats, we can afford to pay our new manager around £350k a year right?? (assuming we pay them in the summer months of course) that would get us a fairly decent manager wouldn't it?? or is that too simple an equation and I'm missing something here??!

even if the new appointment only put 500 on the average gate, that would equate to approx £175k a year and for a manager in League 1, that aint to be sniffed at shirley??

bollox, get someone in who will double our gates generating an extra £2mill a year which would pay for em to be here!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 13:10:35 »

Agree Jimbob but we have to take into account money any potential manager may want for players and also backroom staff. Someone like Pearce would probably bring an expensive set of coaches with him as well.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 13:13:37 »

i reckon the increase in hot dog sales would more than cover that me old mate  Cheesy
lambourn red

« Reply #246 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 13:16:04 »

Heard a little rumour this morning that David O'Leary had enquired about the position.
nochee

« Reply #247 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 13:24:33 »

Diego Maradona flew into Scotland recently!! He was last seen at MMs place asking for some tips on how to impress Fitton at the interview.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 13:48:18 »

Heard a little rumour this morning that David O'Leary had enquired about the position.

That is a suprising one. The only prolem is he'd go more about his young team than JPC and Byrne combined!
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 13:49:06 »

It will be Sam Allardyce
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #250 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 13:50:26 »

He says he got a call from a well known manager on Fri to register his interest.

Alan Pardew
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 13:54:59 »

Graham Rix.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 14:31:14 »

Listening to Ed on the radio he broke Fitton's interview down and he's convinced the "blow your socks off" candidate is Pearce...fingers crossed, he really would get the place buzzing again and increase attendances, and of course would command instant respect from the players, have to contacts

Sounds like a win win situation to me
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #253 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 14:43:11 »

Colin Calderwood has been given permission to speak to Swindon I have been told. Could be bollocks but Forest fans want him gone and Billy Davies is linked with the Forest job so there may be something in this...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 14:49:59 »

Adi Boothroyd is on sky now so he clearly isnt in australia.

must be coming to swindon
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 125   Go Up
Print
Jump to: