Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 125   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 120+ pages. It may give you Sheena Easton's icey black heart. Can you manage it?  (Read 259002 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 20:38:35 »

If Pearce was doing this along side the U21's, might that mean he'd be prepared to take a more 'reasonable' wage (ie: in AF's wage bracket), for the chance of day-to-day club management and get us into the championship, to enhance his prospects and mangement career for the future?

Or am I just a thick cunt and have missed something glaringly obvious?

Probably the latter. :jfw_emoticon:

Let's bear in mind as well that the FA have to be happy with him job sharing as well, was it the FA that wasn't happy with Taylor job sharing ?

I don't believe it is Pearce though....there's probably still someone we haven't thought of....Pardew  - done ok at Reading ?!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 21:00:00 »

Byran Robson has applied so I've been told. He better not be mr. knock our socks off
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 21:07:36 »

Byran Robson has applied so I've been told. He better not be mr. knock our socks off

Captain Marvel began his management career with Middlesbrough in 1994, although he did not retire from playing until 1997. In seven years as Middlesbrough manager, he guided them to three Wembley finals, which they all lost, and earned them promotion to the Premier League on two occasions. He later returned to West Bromwich Albion for two years as manager, helping them become the first top division team in 14 years to avoid relegation after being bottom of the league table on Christmas Day. Less successful have been his short-lived spells as manager of Bradford City and Sheffield United, the former lasting barely six months and ending in relegation from what is now the Football League Championship, and the latter lasting less than a year and seeing his expensively-assembled side fail to challenge for promotion to the Premier League.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #228 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 21:09:14 »

He's from Chester-le-Street and therefore, in my experience, can't be trusted Cheesy

Where was Colin Todd from.... oh.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 21:46:15 »

it'll be pearce. i'm ignoring your devil's advocate nonsense reg Smiley
Yeah, I'm riding the Pearce Train. Cool

Whatever happened to Ron Atkinson and Carlton Palmer Reg? Do you reckon they've got a chance?
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 22:33:05 »

He's from Chester-le-Street and therefore, in my experience, can't be trusted Cheesy

Where was Colin Todd from.... oh.

Have to agree with you on BasTodd  Angry.
« Last Edit: Friday, November 28, 2008, 22:42:50 by Crozzer » Logged
Dazzza

« Reply #231 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 23:42:13 »

I mentioned a Robson in jest the other day but I read a few months back that he's looking to drop down the leagues to get back into management.  Lord I really hope not.

I saw Hoddle mentioned in passing in a provincial rag today. 

More than likely off the back of the Adver article but given his academy shenanigans in Spain for young players I wonder if Fitton’s youth philosophy and Mr Hoddle would have some common ground.

Certainly an interesting one to ponder and not one that’s surprisingly gone through the grinder of the rumour mill yet.

Hoddle & Poyet dream team would do just nicely.

deltaincline

« Reply #232 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 00:00:26 »

I never claim to have an inside track or to know anyone connected with the club, but someone I bumped into today who is well connected (you cunts wouldn't believe me if I gave you the name) told me today that we have 'no fucking chance of getting Pearce'.

In no particular order;

A: His salary demands would make Fitton wince.
B: He's very happy working within the England setup.
C: He'd only consider a high level southern based CCC or sustainable Prem club that would allow him to do the dual role stuff with England.

I didn't really want to hear all that as I thought he'd be class at SN1. Makes sense though.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #233 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 00:06:00 »

I never claim to have an inside track or to know anyone connected with the club, but someone I bumped into today who is well connected (you cunts wouldn't believe me if I gave you the name) told me today that we have 'no fucking chance of getting Pearce'.

In no particular order;

A: His salary demands would make Fitton wince.
B: He's very happy working within the England setup.
C: He'd only consider a high level southern based CCC or sustainable Prem club that would allow him to do the dual role stuff with England.

I didn't really want to hear all that as I thought he'd be class at SN1. Makes sense though.

I've heard the exact opposite. One interview yesterday, one today and three next week. 
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 00:14:53 »

I take points a and b but if point c is true than why on earth would he apply in the first place?
deltaincline

« Reply #235 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 00:14:53 »

I've heard the exact opposite. One interview yesterday, one today and three next week. 

Are you saying Pearce is having 5 interviews??? Explain please.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 01:10:20 »

Doesn't anyone ever get any sleep on here? Zzz Zzz Zzz
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 08:38:21 »

I'd be gutted if it was Robson. I couldn't stand him as a player and he's a shit manager. My socks would stay well and truly intact if it was him Suicide
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 11:03:35 »

AF says in today's adver that heshould have a shortlist of 2 or 3 by monday, they want to approach a manager in a job but the club sdon't want him to talk to the manager (Ling ?) so he's going to respect their position and not speak to the manager.

He also refused to rule out having spoken to Pearce or Keown, he did admit most names mentioned had been approached in one form or the other (what does that mean ?).

He says he got a call from a well known manager on Fri to register his interest.

This get's more confusing by the day, but Fitton goes to the US on Monday, so I wonder if they will decide who they want before he goes and leave it to Watkins to offer the job ?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #239 on: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 11:14:24 »

Are you saying Pearce is having 5 interviews??? Explain please.

There have been 2 interviews - another 3 next week. Pearce is one of them.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 125   Go Up
Print
Jump to: