Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 125   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 120+ pages. It may give you Sheena Easton's icey black heart. Can you manage it?  (Read 258953 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 14:23:25 »

"He’s very experienced but just wouldn’t be an obvious choice"

Is Pearce classed as very experienced though ?

How about Curbishley ?

He's very expereienced and being just out of a premiershit job would be a good attraction at this level and he wouldn't be expected to drop to this level ?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 14:43:17 »

The Pearce rumours would certainly tie with what Andrew Fitton said in the Gazette and Herald today.
Don't ever make a podcast - sonic will slaughter you
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 15:21:54 »

How about Curbishley ?

I think that may be a hope to far. He will surely get a CCC or Prem club to manage.

I know Fitton said it would blow us away, but that appointment would see me in a land full of midgets, accompanied by a tin man and a scarecrow following a yellow brick road.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 15:32:28 »

It's Steve McClaren. Noooooooo!

It's Steve McClaren's brolly.
flammableBen

« Reply #94 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 15:34:45 »

I think that may be a hope to far. He will surely get a CCC or Prem club to manage.

I know Fitton said it would blow us away, but that appointment would see me in a land full of midgets, accompanied by a tin man and a scarecrow following a yellow brick road.

Would you be filled with speed to keep you going through the arduous adventure?
sonic youth

« Reply #95 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 15:35:57 »

Don't ever make a podcast - sonic will slaughter you
get over it girlfriend
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 16:23:29 »

The foreign manager that has applied is obviously the ex-stoke and Iceland manager, Gudjohn Thoradson or however you spell it as he has said he has applied for the Crewe job according to the BBC.

I think that would be a no as well.
Dazzza

« Reply #97 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 16:26:51 »

Curbishley is the managerial equivalent of a ginger nut left on the patio in the sun all afternoon.

He looks to have lost the spark he once had at Charlton and looks like a beaten man every time I see him.  I think he’s one bet suited for the Championship and dropping down here in the depths I don’t think the face would quite fit.  

BANGKOK RED

« Reply #98 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 16:38:34 »

Whilst we are on the matter of naming random players/managers, Peter Reid drinks at my local.

Go me.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 17:31:56 »

Would this make us the first club to have two fully trained Electricians as managers in a row? Certianly in modern times I'd have thought.
Dazzza

« Reply #100 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 17:52:05 »

Whilst we are on the matter of naming random players/managers, Peter Reid drinks at my local.

Go me.

Have you commented on his "fucking monkey head" yet Cock?

BANGKOK RED

« Reply #101 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 18:05:24 »

Have you commented on his "fucking monkey head" yet Cock?

Not spoken to him properly yet, seen him twice and both times I have been well bevvies up and said something along the lines of:

"Oi, Mate, Aree youn whoo I fimnk you are. Youre that facking Peeetr Reeid bloke int ya? Haaas it gawing managing the ole thailand ven"

He doesn't seem keen on talking to me for some reason, I may comment on his "fucking monkey head" next time I see him to see if I get a reply.

Rich Pullen

« Reply #102 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 18:09:06 »

What a cool rumour, kudos everyone for getting excited.

Pearce strikes me as loyal, passionate and having very good contacts in English football. It's unfair to compare Pearce's potential work with Peter Taylor who's team was all the way up in Hull... Wigley would undertake the scouting for the International stuff.

Pearce should've started out in the lower leagues instead of starting in the top flight (not that he was an idiot for taking the job in Manchester). Tim Flowers as assistant/goalkeeper coach?

Interesting... we shall see.

It's good to see a new name emerging.
swindonbob

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 18:23:05 »

20/1 at most Bookies.
Worth twenty quid I reckon.

I can't find any bookies who are running it online....can someone link me to one?

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 18:47:17 »

The Pearce rumours would certainly tie with what Andrew Fitton said in the Gazette and Herald today.

http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/sport/3926320.Fitton_excited_by_dream_applicant/

- Experienced
- Worked in the top flight
- Not somebody you would naturally associate with the club
- British

maybe me reading into things, but why wouldn't he have said 'English' rather than 'British' if it is Stupot?? to keep people guessing??

its gonna be a taff I knows it...or another sweaty.....or a Tim...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 125   Go Up
Print
Jump to: