Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Rotherham matchday thread.  (Read 57531 times)
hobodan

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 09:38:28 »

Just watched the highlights;
On a side note, the county ground looks beautiful on the telly, proper football stadium
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 09:46:01 »

Special mention to the panic-stricken Sky cameraman in front of the Townend who couldn't get his camera working for the first 5 minutes of the game. He wasn't stressed...much!

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 09:55:02 »

Can someone please explain what was goin on with dale tonge and the bench?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 09:55:30 »

I think we may have failed to get the ball back to him quite as fast as perhaps we could.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 09:58:50 »

Curse that Rich Pullen not bothering to make the effort to travel from Newcastle every week!

One apologises unreservedly  Too Cool

I don't have a car but I had a quick glance at how much it would cost if I plan ahead for Aldershot Town at the end of November.  

Train on the day (12 hour round trip)

Off-Peak Return: £126.60
Matchday Ticket: £20.00 + Food/Drink/Programme.

You're looking at well over £150 for that one.

Plane

Taxi from work: £15
Return flight from Newcastle to Bristol Airport: £47.98
Return on the flyer from Airport to Temple Meads: £10.00
Off-Peak Open Return from Bristol Temple Meads to Westbury: £16.00
Off-Peak Open Return from Westbury to Swindon: £12.60
Matchday Ticket: £20 + food/drink/programme
Metro home from Newcastle airport to Chillingham Road: £3.60

POSTPONED DUE TO A FROZEN PITCH

I work, I get paid reasonably well for what I do but I cannot justify the costs. Trust me I wish I could!
woolster

« Reply #440 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 10:17:21 »

One apologises unreservedly  Too Cool

I don't have a car but I had a quick glance at how much it would cost if I plan ahead for Aldershot Town at the end of November.  

Plane

I work, I get paid reasonably well for what I do but I cannot justify the costs. Trust me I wish I could!
get yourself a town top aswell & you will still have change out of £200, dont know what the fuss is about Cheesy
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 10:22:52 »

get yourself a town top aswell & you will still have change out of £200, dont know what the fuss is about Cheesy

Might as well round it up eh Smiley

I worked out at the start of the season that my cheapest game this season would Bradford City away and that's still quite pricey.

Also despite the prices, I'm actually planning to go to that Aldershot game (saving over three pay days should soften the blow).

I'll be the one with a collection bucket outside the ground.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 10:34:28 by Costanza » Logged
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 10:38:40 »

Might as well round it up eh Smiley

Also despite the prices, I'm actually planning to go to that Aldershot game (saving over three pay days should soften the blow).

East Coast advance tickets on sale now if you go via London. From £12.30 (0440 train) to London and £32.30 back on Sunday around 1800. No advance for Great Western yet but walk up fare is £39 return from Paddington.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 10:42:31 »

East Coast advance tickets on sale now if you go via London. From £12.30 (0440 train) to London and £32.30 back on Sunday around 1800. No advance for Great Western yet but walk up fare is £39 return from Paddington.

Cheers for that.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 10:43:45 »

I am sure Leefer will chuck in a couple of quid mate

If he goes

Wink
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #445 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 10:44:30 »

If rumours are to believed then football is quite low on the Scummer Scott's list of priorities at the moment.
Spencer_White

« Reply #446 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 10:44:47 »

Just a quick word for Di Canio today. Been critical in recent weeks, but he struck back today.

Gave his players some affection, and it looked like we had a great team spirit. I guess Gabilondo was injured, but apart from that (and maybe Commazi) it was a good first XI.

His assistants do seem to like to get in a bit of bother.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 10:50:02 »

It was an interesting team selection yesterday. Was a bit concerned before the game kicked off because some of the selections baffled me. Where were Gabilondo and Esajas? Are they injured? I wasn't surprised to see Connell left out of the starting 11 either sadly.

It was a decent first half from us. It reminded me very much of the Oxford game where we had much of the play and played some decent stuff at times yet our set piece defending let us down. It's something that really does need to be addressed by PDC. We've been doing it all season and nothing has improved yet so it needs looking at and pretty urgently as well because many teams will score goals from set pieces at this level. In fact 4 of the 5 goals yesterday all came from set plays and a lot of teams will be strong in that area this season so we need to sort it.

Second half was a bit more even in my opinion with both teams looking to use their advantage in the air. There wasn't a lot of stuff played on the deck from either side but we had much of the chances again. Magera hitting the post and Kerrouche missing a sitter at the end not to mention the 2 goals we managed to produce. I think we deserved it overall.

The ref. Arggghhhhh why do refs have to be so inconsistent all the time? Some of his decisions were well off the mark and yet you'll see a similar challenge 5 minutes later and he wouldn't blow for the foul. The 2nd booking for Comazzi was a joke. I'd argue it wasn't even a foul let alone a booking. I reckon he just felt buckled under the pressure of the Rotherham players and wanted to even things up. Poor and very shocking really.

I thought Connell was superb when he came on. Why he isn't starting I don't know. Him and Kerrouche have been our best 2 strikers by a long way so in my opinion they should both start. Ritchie had his best game for us so far this season. Missed that sitter but his crosses were excellent and that's now 3 goals for him from the right side of midfield he is going to be a very handy asset to us this season I really hope we don't sell in January. Was impressed with Abdulla's cameo, Comazzi looks better than Devera but still suspect at times. Flint I thought had a poor game for his standards. His distribution was shocking at times and he made the header that led to the first goal for them. Still won a lot of balls in the air and on the ground though. De Vita did alright out wide. In fact I think he looked better there than upfront. I really would like to see Gabilondo there more often though. I think we'd have looked really dangerous with him and Ritchie on the flanks yesterday.

Finally Andy Scott. Clearly bitter but it's not the first time. He was known for it at Brentford and I remember the 3-2 win there in 09/10 where he claimed we weren't very good and that they should have been above us. Shame for him they finished 11th and we were still in the running for 2nd on the last day. We could easily have had 3 more yesterday through Kerrouche, Ritchie and Magera.

Anyway great 3 points. Onward and upwards.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 11:08:33 »

It was an interesting team selection yesterday. Was a bit concerned before the game kicked off because some of the selections baffled me. Where were Gabilondo and Esajas? Are they injured? I wasn't surprised to see Connell left out of the starting 11 either sadly.

It was a decent first half from us. It reminded me very much of the Oxford game where we had much of the play and played some decent stuff at times yet our set piece defending let us down. It's something that really does need to be addressed by PDC. We've been doing it all season and nothing has improved yet so it needs looking at and pretty urgently as well because many teams will score goals from set pieces at this level. In fact 4 of the 5 goals yesterday all came from set plays and a lot of teams will be strong in that area this season so we need to sort it.

Second half was a bit more even in my opinion with both teams looking to use their advantage in the air. There wasn't a lot of stuff played on the deck from either side but we had much of the chances again. Magera hitting the post and Kerrouche missing a sitter at the end not to mention the 2 goals we managed to produce. I think we deserved it overall.

The ref. Arggghhhhh why do refs have to be so inconsistent all the time? Some of his decisions were well off the mark and yet you'll see a similar challenge 5 minutes later and he wouldn't blow for the foul. The 2nd booking for Comazzi was a joke. I'd argue it wasn't even a foul let alone a booking. I reckon he just felt buckled under the pressure of the Rotherham players and wanted to even things up. Poor and very shocking really.

I thought Connell was superb when he came on. Why he isn't starting I don't know. Him and Kerrouche have been our best 2 strikers by a long way so in my opinion they should both start. Ritchie had his best game for us so far this season. Missed that sitter but his crosses were excellent and that's now 3 goals for him from the right side of midfield he is going to be a very handy asset to us this season I really hope we don't sell in January. Was impressed with Abdulla's cameo, Comazzi looks better than Devera but still suspect at times. Flint I thought had a poor game for his standards. His distribution was shocking at times and he made the header that led to the first goal for them. Still won a lot of balls in the air and on the ground though. De Vita did alright out wide. In fact I think he looked better there than upfront. I really would like to see Gabilondo there more often though. I think we'd have looked really dangerous with him and Ritchie on the flanks yesterday.

Finally Andy Scott. Clearly bitter but it's not the first time. He was known for it at Brentford and I remember the 3-2 win there in 09/10 where he claimed we weren't very good and that they should have been above us. Shame for him they finished 11th and we were still in the running for 2nd on the last day. We could easily have had 3 more yesterday through Kerrouche, Ritchie and Magera.

Anyway great 3 points. Onward and upwards.

Good post Onion,funny how on the Rotherhams fans forum they think the ref cost them!
My feeling is that maybe Connell wouldn't have made such an impact if he started,De Vita at Bristol played his best game when coming on.
That said he will be starting next Saturday i feel and rightly so,thought De Vita had his best game yesterday doing alot of donkey work which was good.
I think we are all going to get used to interesting selections in the coming months for Paolo's starting eleven.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 11:25:30 »

One apologises unreservedly  Too Cool

Plane

Part time supporter! My flight next weekend for the Southend game was about 200 Euro. My last game was Crewe so hopefully we'll see a similar scoreline!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: