Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Rotherham matchday thread.  (Read 57506 times)
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 19:31:35 »

Have a listen to Rotherham's manager Andy Scott whinging on the BBC site. I've never heard such an example of a bad loser from a manager before.........what a turd. Apparently Swindon's players were diving at every opportunity, Di Canio's "antics" were theatrical and Rotherham should have won 3-1.

Obviously not the same game that I watched! Apart from the 2 silly set piece goals given away it was all Swindon. He didn't see Ritchie's open goal miss, or Kerrouche's, or Magera's shot that hit the post. Swindon dominated from start to finish. And if he takes the time to watch the game again he'll see that there was no diving by any Swindon player - just the occasional assault on them by the Rotherham thugs. And let's not forget that their player was deservedly red-carded. In fact he could have had a red for the second challenge alone. None of the cards given to Comazzi were bookable offences.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #376 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 19:34:54 »

There's no pound charge for using a debit card, only credit cards. Whoever you spoke to must be one of the newbies, started differentiating between the two towards the end of last season after a fair bit of 'feedback'.

It seemed to me that that the quid would be added no matter what card you used(credit or debit), as I didn't go through with the transaction there's no way I can confirm wether it would have been refunded or not
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 19:42:12 »

Have a listen to Rotherham's manager Andy Scott whinging on the BBC site. I've never heard such an example of a bad loser from a manager before.........what a turd. Apparently Swindon's players were diving at every opportunity, Di Canio's "antics" were theatrical and Rotherham should have won 3-1.

Obviously not the same game that I watched! Apart from the 2 silly set piece goals given away it was all Swindon. He didn't see Ritchie's open goal miss, or Kerrouche's, or Magera's shot that hit the post. Swindon dominated from start to finish. And if he takes the time to watch the game again he'll see that there was no diving by any Swindon player - just the occasional assault on them by the Rotherham thugs. And let's not forget that their player was deservedly red-carded. In fact he could have had a red for the second challenge alone. None of the cards given to Comazzi were bookable offences.

If you reaad the Rotherham United Mad board there views of us aren't exactly complimentary the sour grapes of Andy Scott must rub off on their fans too
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 19:46:47 »

I meant the team you played for DV actually,i thought your post meant Swindon Embarrassed

There were two 'we won's in my first post - one for each team Smiley

Didnt Andy Scott come out with some bollocks the other year when we beat Brentford or am I imagining that?
Spencer_White

« Reply #379 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 19:49:14 »

I watched the game on TV. Had to work today, was going to peg it down to the CG if we were attacking the Town End 2nd half, but its such a shit view attacking the bank I decided not to bother.

Positives today - Ritchie, excellent. Kerrouche a real handful, very aggressive. Connell, what a fantastic attitude from that player, and deserves more starts. Lanzano wasnt too bad.

Magera looked a lot more interested, and showed fantastic skill in the ball that hit the post, but he still doesnt look fit enough.

Negatives - Commazi for me is an absolute liability. Was blatently a penalty for Rotherham at 2-1, which would have been game over. Trundled around the park. This player will cost us goals every single game. Godsend he is now suspended, praying Devera takes his chance! Caddis yet again did not deliver good crosses. We know he has no physical presence, so he must make the most of his time on the ball. Most of our problems are at the back. De Vita left side, what happened to Gabbilondo? Must have been injured?

Overrall it was a very good game, great entertainment for any neutral. The Rotherham goalkeeper was very brave for staying on. Kerrouche headed their defenders arm, who in tern smacked their goalkeeper in the face with an elbow. The blood was everywhere, and his nose was visibly badly broken. Very suprised their physio let him continue, but fair play.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 19:52:32 by Spencer_White » Logged
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 19:50:32 »

Swindon                          Rotherham

18(13)    Shots (on Goal)    10(4)
11            Fouls                    19
8            Corner Kicks    1
2            Offsides            1
53%         Time of Possession    47%
1            Yellow Cards    2
1            Red Cards            1
3            Saves            8

13 shots on goal and only scoring 3 suggests we do need a striker.....

It's All Good..............
adje

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 19:53:06 »

4 shots on goal and 2 goals suggests we need a defender!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 19:53:42 »

If you reaad the Rotherham United Mad board there views of us aren't exactly complimentary the sour grapes of Andy Scott must rub off on their fans too
Just been reading some of their comments. Fuck me are they bad losers or what?

What are the "antics" that Di Canio and Swindon supposedly got up to? It seemed to me that the only "antics" was when one of their players steamed in to the Swindon dugout and Di Canio was trying to calm a few of them (including Scott) down.

They are saying on their board that Swindon were rubbish (!) and won't be challenging for promotion. I'd be more worried if I were a Rotherham fan based on today's game. It's all beginning to take shape at Swindon now and I reckon there'll be no stopping us.

It'll be interesting to see where the 2 clubs are in May.........
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 19:53:55 »

Maybe we need both!

Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 19:55:53 »

It suggests that we should be practicising defending against set pieces. Both goals were piss poor. I bet Revell can't believe his luck when he plays Swindon.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #385 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 19:56:40 »

Swindon                          Rotherham

18(13)    Shots (on Goal)    10(4)
11            Fouls                    19
8            Corner Kicks    1
2            Offsides            1
53%         Time of Possession    47%
1            Yellow Cards    2
1            Red Cards            1
3            Saves            8

13 shots on goal and only scoring 3 suggests we do need a striker.....

We have one that will do the job, he came on and scored twice
Spencer_White

« Reply #386 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 19:57:09 »

One more thing. The TV showed shots of Revell going off the pitch looking absolutely pissed off and gutted.

We got the last laugh for once.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 19:58:26 »

We have one that will do the job, he came on and scored twice

Agreed. Given time I think Connell, Magera and Kerrouche will all do well for us.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 19:59:32 »

Defenders it is then Herthab! Smiley

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #389 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 19:59:51 »

I was in a right piss after the Soton game but I've got the passion back after that. Not only a good result but a good performance. The only negative is giving Revell two free headers. Who was supposed to pick him up - was it Maghera? Other than that they had one other free header and not much else.
Comazzi looked better than Tuesday but we should have signed Guy Branston from Torquay.
As for Scott - what a deluded Scum cunt. Still, I'm loving it that a rival manager is talking about the PdC circus and bitching and moaning about our players not playing nicely. Fucking great and lets hope a few more managers are saying the same thing. His team were no angels and it was one of his own who took out the albino keeper. Anyway fick Scott - onwards and upwards hopefllu.
Fair play to connell - that how you show a manager you're worth your place.  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: