Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Rotherham matchday thread.  (Read 57534 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 17:50:32 »

Curse that Rich Pullen not bothering to make the effort to travel from Newcastle every week!

Did you go today Sam?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 17:50:38 »

Curse that Rich Pullen not bothering to make the effort to travel from Newcastle every week!
It's NorwayRed who we should all shake our heads with disgust at, it's only 1,300 miles from Lillehammer to Swindon.
melksham_exile

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 17:50:46 »

That's it, you take a line out of my comment and ignore the fact that I seem to have had some circumstance based epiphany and keep on going sir!
skin_im_buzzer

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 17:50:54 »

Just wanted to throw my two-penneth in:

A great performance in the last third of the pitch, but a couple of major areas for improvement:

1) Anchorman midfielder:
It seemed to me that Ferry and a back-tracking Ritchie did most of the ball-winning in midfield for us. McCormack was pretty anonymous and his distribution was very poor at times. This, to me, limited Ferry's performance as he was trying to do the anchorman and creative roles

2) Left-side:
Everything we did well going forward was down the right flank. Given the players at our disposal, why was De Vita played on the left? Perhaps it was a deliberate ploy by DiCanio to focus on their left side (which looked vulnerable against the on-song Caddis and Ritchie). The concern is that it will make us easier to play against if teams know that all our quality comes down our right side

3) Defensive communications:
We could easily have conceded more than the two we did - and those 2 were easily preventable. Most of our defensive undoing comes from an inability to clear our lines and a basic lack of communications. I think this will get better with time, but we need to play the same back 4 and keeper in order to improve the comms.

Also, Comazzi's decision making was questionable at times (i.e. diving into the tackle in our box - which should have been a pen, and (although it was a harsh 2nd booking) commiting the foul that earned the 2nd yellow).

Some massive positives to take forward though....Kerrouche, Ritchie, Caddis, Flint, Ferry, Connell, Abdullah all looked quality. Thought that Magera was slightly off the pace but certainly had decent technical ability and will come good with match fitness.

If we can protect the defence with a ball-winning anchorman and improve the communications at the back, I think we could find our feet and push on from here.

A massive step in the right direction. We now need to follow it up with consistent good results and continuity within the starting 11.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #334 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 17:51:12 »

Let's not get carried away chaps  Wink Would rather come to the game than watch it on the box and have to be paying those robbing bastards at Sky, however finances dictate that I can't make many, tho looking forward to my train trip up for the Barnet game at the end of the month. With Parkin09 shoving me a few bob for petrol it makes more trips up possible, we have selected Bradford as the game to come up to in October, would be nice to do one a month. However now Boo's Boutique Hotel is open for business I may make a few more

My 3-1 to Rotherham match prediction was a bit of reverse psychology, as I do normally predict a win, so that worked perfectly.

Enjoyed the game, apart from the whistle happy ref, just let em get on with it ffs. Not sure about Magera, as it's his first start I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, first touch a bit dodgy and can't seem to jump more than inch. Thought Flint was out standing in the air again, passing a bit iffy though. De Vita I thought did really well being played out of position. Kerwooooosh never stopped running(hope you were watching Clarke) Ritchie seems to perform well every time I see him, and he's deffo a pain in the butt for defenders.

Connell for me, will score a hat full in this division, good in the air, holds the ball up well and brings the wingers into play. He has to start Mr di Canio.

Hopefully this will be the catalyst for better things

All in all a great day out, roll on Barnet
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 17:52:57 »

Did you go today Sam?

Yes he did

your point being ?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 17:53:55 »

Good win today and a really entertaining game.

Thought Ritchie was motm by a fucking mile though, different class to any other player on the pitch. Having said that all of them played a part and really pleased for Connell

Just a few concerns:

The goalkeeper - If Smith had flapped like he did and made the same pretty bizarre decisions at times, a lot of people would be on his back immediately. His kicking was good mostly, although a lot of balls were wasted as they went too fucking far!

Mcormack - Lost count of the number of mislaid passes he made, if he can control the lead in his foot, he'll be more than useful.

Kennedy - Still our weak link. I know he's young and still learning, but I'd rather he did it somewhere else!

DEFENDING SET PIECES - Why can't we do this? Flint is an absolute rock in defence, apart from when we are defending set pieces. This is something the coaching staff need to work on as the team as a whole are an absolute shambles when defending corners and free kicks.

It's All Good..............
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #337 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 17:55:13 »

why pay £25 to watch my team play Division 4 football when i can watch it on the telly. Oh dear look at me...what a cunt I am!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 17:56:38 »

why pay £25 to watch my team play Division 4 football when i can watch it on the telly. Oh dear look at me...what a cunt I am!

Fuck me people are touchy,but agree about the cunt bit. Wink
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 17:59:13 »

Fuck me people are touchy,but agree about the cunt bit. Wink

I wonder why ??
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 17:59:18 »

The goalkeeper - If Smith had flapped like he did and made the same pretty bizarre decisions at times, a lot of people would be on his back immediately. His kicking was good mostly, although a lot of balls were wasted as they went too fucking far!

See this comment really winds me up. People aren't just on Phil Smith's back if he flaps at a cross.  People get on Smith's back because for the last 3 years he's been flapping at crosses, kicking like an out of form paralympian, and generally has costed us a fair few points.  It's the culmulation of this that has led to people generally jumping on his back should he make mistakes.

The new keeper has come in, and flapped at a cross, and as level minded supporters we can accept this, no harm was done, we came away with the points. Now if he continues to make errors which cost us dearly then a number of supporters will quite rightly raise their concerns.  Which I think is fair enough.

Unless you think it'd be fairer if we just give him shed loads of abuse for flapping at a cross on his home debut?

No offence intended Herthab, as your post contains nothing to have a go about, but sometimes it's almost like some people feel you're slating someone's mother when they have the cheek to point out that Mr Smith has yet again looked unconvincing.
melksham_exile

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 18:01:29 »

I wonder why ??

Cunts?
Sorry I forgot to insert generic winking face................ Wink  Corrected
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 18:01:59 »

Let's not get carried away chaps  Wink Would rather come to the game than watch it on the box and have to be paying those robbing bastards at Sky, however finances dictate that I can't make many, tho looking forward to my train trip up for the Barnet game at the end of the month. With Parkin09 shoving me a few bob for petrol it makes more trips up possible, we have selected Bradford as thegame to come up to in October, would be nice to do one a month. However now Boo's Boutique Hotel is open for business I may make a few more

My 3-1 to Rotherham match prediction was a bit of reverse psychology, as I do normally predict a win, so that worked perfectly.

Enjoyed the game, apart from the whistle happy ref, just let em get on with it ffs. Not sure about Magera, as it's his first start I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, first touch a bit dodgy and can't seem to jump more than inch. Thought Flint was out standing in the air again, passing a bit iffy though. De Vita I thought did really well being played out of position. Kerwooooosh never stopped running(hope you were watching Clarke) Ritchie seems to perform well every time I see him, and he's deffo a pain in the butt for defenders.

Connell for me, will score a hat full in this division, good in the air, holds the ball up well and brings the wingers into play. He has to start Mr di Canio.

Hopefully this will be the catalyst for better things

All in all a great day out, roll on Barnet

Should have watched it online fella, stream quality was amazing, although I feel dirty for lining the pockets of those filthy Virginmedia bastards! 
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 18:02:08 »

Yes he did

your point being ?

come on Lee
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 18:02:57 »

See this comment really winds me up. People aren't just on Phil Smith's back if he flaps at a cross.  People get on Smith's back because for the last 3 years he's been flapping at crosses, kicking like an out of form paralympian, and generally has costed us a fair few points.  It's the culmulation of this that has led to people generally jumping on his back should he make mistakes.

The new keeper has come in, and flapped at a cross, and as level minded supporters we can accept this, no harm was done, we came away with the points. Now if he continues to make errors which cost us dearly then a number of supporters will quite rightly raise their concerns.  Which I think is fair enough.

Unless you think it'd be fairer if we just give him shed loads of abuse for flapping at a cross on his home debut?

No offence intended Herthab, as your post contains nothing to have a go about, but sometimes it's almost like some people feel you're slating someone's mother when they have the cheek to point out that Mr Smith has yet again looked unconvincing.

Kicking like an out of form paralympian Cheesy Cheesy
Good point though Herthab.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: