Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Rotherham matchday thread.  (Read 57513 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 14:03:35 »

Enjoyable game and a good advert for lower tier footy.  The ref was an absolute twat though, and you knew he would be when he ordered the kick-off to be taken because a Rotherham player has strayed over, 20 yards away!  With both sets of supporters upset with the ref it was easy to see why.  Town End at their best, baiting Revell . . . and he had the last laugh, well almost.  Good to see him playing with a smile on his face.

I personally thought Rotherham were unlucky not to have a penalty and Comazzi's sending off was soft to say the least.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 14:06:14 »

yep crap ref. If we could defend set pieces i think we could have won 3-0 easy
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 14:07:22 »

At Last a win against a good team well played the lads onwards and hopefully upwards Pint
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 14:09:10 »

I personally thought Rotherham were unlucky not to have a penalty and Comazzi's sending off was soft to say the least.

It should have been a penalty but who cares!?! Every other week I read that we missed out on a stonewall. Luck sometimes just has to go our way Smiley

Most importantly of all is the fact that we deserved this win. Rotherham were not robbed.
arthurhorsfield

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 14:09:46 »

Fantastic mate firs ttime in Singapore via the link!!!  great work
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 14:17:55 »

Think we saw enough there, to know that the players are behind di Canio, so that's good, 3 of our last 8 wins have been on Sky....don't suppose there's too much chance of many more this season.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 14:23:55 »

Thank Christ for that. Thank for not letting us down Alex Revell, I had £5 at 6-1 for first goal scorer. Its a small victory against the bookies. Every little helps!

As for the game..

I thought Karouche was man of the match purely for his effort and enthusiasm. That's not normally enough, but he must have run a thousand miles. Not sure about quality in front of goal yet...but...

Matt Ritchie has the obvious stand out quality. I was a bit frustrated on a few occasions when he should have passed, and also he has to cut inside to cross. But I may be being a bit harsh Smiley

Magera  - clearly not fully fit. Did OK, won some headers, but not a big powerful man. What a shot that hit the post, real quality.

Di Vita - Did OK out for a striker being played on the wing. Not a winger though.

Ferry - was OK but no more.

McCormack - Poor game I thought, but has a "presence"

Kennedy - Mostly did OK. Sometimes didn't

Comazzi - Thought he looked OK today, but its true he's slower than Gary Elkins

Flint - Commanding in the air. Ifilesque in the pass.

Caddis - Good footballer, not so useful in the air.

Abdulla - looked to have a decent touch and a good engine. Looked smaller than I imagined him, Curtis Weston physique.

Keeper - talked well. Kicked well. Flapped at one cross. Impossible to say if he's good as he had no real saves to make.

Connell - not a bad first touch on the pitch. Took second well too. Peach of crosses right on his head.

Though it was a hard working and determined display. Sometimes it got a bit scrappy in the air, but for the most part it was a controlling performance and for once the result went right. Smiley

Nice to see the show of support to Di Canio with the buunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndle after the first goal.

The Achilles heel was evident too. For some reason on set pieces Flint shrinks 6 inches, Caddis needs a step ladder, Comazzi (or Devera) vanish totally. We need to sort this out. That said, Rotherham were just as ineffective.

Good performance. Great win. Lets make sure we kick on..
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 14:26:40 by Batch » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 14:24:55 »

Think we saw enough there, to know that the players are behind di Canio, so that's good, 3 of our last 8 wins have been on Sky....don't suppose there's too much chance of many more this season.

wins or matches on sky?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 14:26:13 »

Now that is impressively prompt.

2-1 win I think. Optimistic to the last. Revell scores for them though, that's as nailed on as it comes...think I'll put money on him to score first.

Guess which muggins didn't take his own advice?
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 14:33:10 »

does anyone no what the scuffle with PDC and the rotherham team was about
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 14:38:56 »

Which one? There was one where the ball went into our dugout and we didn't give it back too quickly. I don't think PDC was involved in this (initially at least).

I think there was one after a foul too, but didn't see that.

"Rotherham should have had a penalty" - Can somebody remind me which incident they are referring to? Can't remember seeing one from!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 14:40:17 »

Crewe 2-0 Oxford Utd ... At last normal order is being returned to the league!
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 14:41:02 »

"Rotherham should have had a penalty" - Can somebody remind me which incident they are referring to? Can't remember seeing one from!

Grabban got the better of Comazzi at the Town End end, with the defender going in slightly late on him. Was a definite penalty for me, but as Costanza says, we were due a bit of luck after have stonewallers denied at Cheltenham and Dagenham!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 14:42:14 »

Looked to me like Ferry went studs in on their player.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 14:43:52 »

In the words of bruce forsythe

Good game, good game.

Respect to samdy gray for not trying to to touch the puppies that were next to him in the legends...
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: