Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: who do you think swindons number 1 goal keeper will be this year ?  (Read 3383 times)
glos_robin

« Reply #15 on: Monday, July 27, 2009, 21:35:07 »

Considering I was not in Austria to witness the 30 or so mins he has had thus far in a Town shirt, I dont feel justified to pass comment on Lucas

Lucas played against Luton last week and was very commanding not to mention very very loud. as I said not much in it on ability but Lucas would get the nod from me based on experience and the fact he will shout at the defence non-stop which I feel is essential from your keeper.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, July 27, 2009, 21:46:24 »

My apologies, I stand corrected GR
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #17 on: Monday, July 27, 2009, 21:46:50 »

Billy Paynter
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 07:04:04 »

Billy Paynter
He pulled off a stunning save season before last, although he did get sent off for it
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 07:19:00 »

I sort of get the impression sadly that Smith will not get the chance he probably deserves, Towards the end of last season was superb. Seems that Lucas was always on the list and DW seems to really rate him, Giving Smith number 12 sort of shows that as well given the fact Lucas has only played once or twice for us. Smith looks to have lost a bit of weight as well. Perhaps its Smith not being as vocal as Lucas which is letting him down. That said Smith seems to play his best when he has a challenge.

I don't think that Smith would have been given a new deal if Wilson had not wanted him, Smith has kept his squad number from last season and Lucas has been given Brez's shirt no, I don't think squad numbers have any bearing on the starting 1-11.

Smith looked good against Cardiff and I expect Lucas to play tonight so I will see if either stands out as doing something better than the other.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 07:22:28 »

Smith had the number one shirt last season

Things get better but they never get good
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 08:16:57 »

mark scott.

the other two are shit.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 08:35:31 »

Lucas. He wasn't brought in to sit on the bench. Bit harsh on smith but i think he'll have to wait for his chance.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 09:29:43 »

He pulled off a stunning save season before last, although he did get sent off for it

Exactly! Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 09:34:54 »

Smith will start the season but lose his place to a fully fit Lucas early on.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 13:25:10 »

Lucas has been given the number 1 shirt so unless Phil Smith decided after last season he didnt want the number 1 shirt for superstitious reasons then it looks like Lucas.

I've not seen much of Lucas but for all the praise Greer, Robson-Kanu etc got/get for making us a better team towards the end of the season it also co-incided with Phil Smith coming back in between the sticks.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: