Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dan Gosling - greedy cunt or sensible chap?  (Read 3423 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 17:46:56 »

I thought it was all to do with which Football Association the club would register the player with?  As Cardiff play in the English Football Leagues they fall under the English jurisdiction.

Aren't registrations held by the league rather than the association? So Cardiff players would be registered with the Football League meaning they are registered in England, rather than Wales.

The discipline thing is due to all Welsh clubs disciplinary and administrative matters being handled by the Welsh FA, though I've got not fucking clue as to why this is so.
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 17:49:00 by jonny72 » Logged
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 18:23:15 »

See Joe Ledley has gone to Celtic on a free, thus robbing Cardiff of compensation.

Stoke wanted him but would have had to pay compensation, but because he's going to a foreign country that particular FIFA reg doesn't apply.  So Cardiff is now in England according to FIFA.

Cardiff wanted the Stoke move because they're skint again....Celtic boost their midfield ranks, so all good.
That's cardiffs own fault.They openly admit they turned down 5m for ledly from stoke last summer. As for Gosling he has only ever been used sparingly for everton really so can't blame him.
Highland Robin

« Reply #17 on: Friday, July 23, 2010, 07:29:46 »

Stoke wanted him but would have had to pay compensation, but because he's going to a foreign country that particular FIFA reg doesn't apply.  So Cardiff is now in England according to FIFA.

Errrrrr.....and in case one or two in England didn't realise it, Wales is a different country from Scotland, so if it were to do with going to a foreign country, (and i have absolutely no idea what rule it is) it would still count!!!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #18 on: Friday, July 23, 2010, 09:35:10 »

Wales is not a country, it's a pricipality.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, July 23, 2010, 09:43:22 »

Errrrrr.....and in case one or two in England didn't realise it, Wales is a different country from Scotland, so if it were to do with going to a foreign country, (and i have absolutely no idea what rule it is) it would still count!!!

You missed the point. If he'd gone to Stoke a fee would have been payable which means he was viewed as registered in England rather than Wales. So Wales has got fuck all to do with it.

Wales is not a country, it's a pricipality.

If you're going to be a smart arse it helps if you spell words correctly - it's principality. Though according to Wikipedia Wales is a country and the principality thing is bollocks.
« Last Edit: Friday, July 23, 2010, 09:45:54 by jonny72 » Logged
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, July 23, 2010, 10:02:58 »

You missed the point. If he'd gone to Stoke a fee would have been payable which means he was viewed as registered in England rather than Wales. So Wales has got fuck all to do with it.

If you're going to be a smart arse it helps if you spell words correctly - it's principality. Though according to Wikipedia Wales is a country and the principality thing is bollocks.

Well, that's another reason not to always trust Wikipedia.

Wales is a Principality.
England and Scotland are both Constituent Countries.
Northern Ireland is a Province.

Together they form the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

What does Dan Gosling think about that?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, July 23, 2010, 10:04:50 »

What does Dan Gosling think about that?

He probably doesn't care !!!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #22 on: Friday, July 23, 2010, 11:42:24 »

It was a typo. See if I get this one right:

Fuck off you stupid cunt.

Looks ok to me.
Highland Robin

« Reply #23 on: Friday, July 23, 2010, 11:58:50 »

/quote]

Sorry...I didn't miss the point really; I was simply commenting on Reg's original post, and making the general point (to which the question of the status of Wales is actually irrelevant - except to the Welsh) that Scotland is a foreign country to England and Wales in FIFA's estimation.  As I said, I do not know anything about the rules, so i bow to your superior knowledge of what is and what isn't relevant to them.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, July 23, 2010, 11:59:49 »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/championship/newcastleunited/7905487/Dan-Gosling-delighted-by-brilliant-move-to-Newcastle.html

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: